Downgraded, rooted, now want to install.... quick question.

Search This thread
Hi, thanks for reading,

Ok so my 6903 z1, i've downgraded it to .534, rooted it, installed dualrecovery and am sitting here wondering where to go next.
I wouldn't mind unlocking the bootloader so that I could install other kernels such as pimped kernel. But reading the dualrecovery thread it seems that it is only if you are using the original kernel. So my main question is, what should i do next?

use recovery to flash a zip of a new rom then unlock bootloader then flash a supported recovery?
or should i unlock bootloader now and then new rom etc? (was concerned about the camera issue unlocking the bootloader on <4.3 roms.... will it be "fixed" if i was running on a newer "flashed via recovery" ROM?)

any help is appreciated as I don't want to bugger up the phone like i somehow managed to last time i tried all this (had the IMEI disappearing issue)

oh ok. well i've done it now. although I've just checked my service menu
First, you should confirm that it is possible to unlock the boot loader of your phone by checking the service menu. In your phone, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.

In your phone, tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.

and it says bootloader unlock allowed: No

So i'm guessing I randomly cannot unlock it anyway? (any reason why if that is the case?)

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
oh ok. well i've done it now. although I've just checked my service menu

and it says bootloader unlock allowed: No

So i'm guessing I randomly cannot unlock it anyway? (any reason why if that is the case?)

If that it saying then no way around to unlock your bootloader. BTW, stock kernel isn't that bad and with root you will be able to customize your room and get some tweeks.

punkt

Jul 2, 2008
In Android developement thread all roms are based on stock - in original Android developement they are based on pure android.
Bootlooping is mostly caused when flashing wrong bootbundle/kernel.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app