[APP] LG Optimus Video Editor WORKING!!! UPDATED: Screenshots.

Search This thread

cashless

Dec 23, 2008
Houston, Texas / Nara, Japan
Standard Warning about nuclear apocalypse, phone bricking, etc. If you don't know what you're doing don't attempt to do any of this. Again, I'm not responsible. Nandroid is your friend, blah blah blah...

I got it up and running. Installation is pretty simple but could the app could use some tweaking to get it running a bit smoother on our Vibrants. Here's the app minus some tweaking by LG apparently.

ArcSoft

Instructions:

1. Copy the "3rd_Party" folder to the internal SD card (just my preference as I'm writing these instructions from that location)
2. In command prompt enter the following commands and hit the enter key after every line:
busybox cp -r /sdcard/3rd_party /system/

You should get an empty prompt is done correctly, if so enter:
3. Copy the "ArcVideoEditor" apk to any SD card.
4. Fire up Astro or the file manager of your choice and install.
5. ???
6. Profit

You might experience some slowness and FC's when selecting media to add to the storyline, but pretty much else runs fairly well. Lemme know what issues you have.

Attachments

• ArcVideoEditor.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 7,696
  • snap20100902_160414.jpg
    snap20100902_160414.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 5,126
  • snap20100902_160422.jpg
    snap20100902_160422.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 4,607
  • snap20100902_160431.jpg
    snap20100902_160431.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 5,221
Last edited:
Reactions: Clayfree

chadti99

Jun 14, 2010
I'm sure the Vibrant has enough power to edit HD video if the iPhone can do it, nice find btw!

PJcastaldo

Aug 31, 2009
Debary, FL
This is great, exactly what I wanted.... But there is an issue that is preventing me from using it.... Once its open it closes after 30 seconds maybe 1 minute... Not force close just closes while trying to use it...

RevenG

Oct 11, 2009
Denver
So I did everything in Terminal, but when I start video editor now it gets stuck on startup with just a black screen then I get a fc.

cashless

Dec 23, 2008
Houston, Texas / Nara, Japan
The more I use it, the more stable it is becoming.

I think the app needed to build thumbnails of my media and was crashing while doing so. Now that all the thumbnails are created, it seems mostly content.

I was able to stitch together 5 clips and save as a single video. Pretty cool! :cool:

I noticed pretty much the same, so I just removed my larger sized movie files (which I had watched anyway) and it worked fine afterwards.

chammers

Jul 1, 2009
EDIT: I guess I was out of space on my /system folder! I deleted several bloated apps and then was able to copy the folder using Super Manager. Thanks!

ORIGINAL:
I've tried and tried to copy the 3rd_party folder to my /system folder using both the ADB instructions above and also trying with Terminal Emulator, but all I get is "No space on device" errors. I have root and busybox. I've tried to remount /system as rw, but that fails as well.

What else can I try to check that the /system folder has space available to copy this folder?

Last edited:

cholee

Sep 16, 2010
Wow.. It works so great!
I wish video editor in android system, but there's no one I wanted.
But now it could be the one I just wished.
Thanks so sososososososo much!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Standard Warning about nuclear apocalypse, phone bricking, etc. If you don't know what you're doing don't attempt to do any of this. Again, I'm not responsible. Nandroid is your friend, blah blah blah...

I got it up and running. Installation is pretty simple but could the app could use some tweaking to get it running a bit smoother on our Vibrants. Here's the app minus some tweaking by LG apparently.

ArcSoft

Instructions:

1. Copy the "3rd_Party" folder to the internal SD card (just my preference as I'm writing these instructions from that location)
    2. In command prompt enter the following commands and hit the enter key after every line:
    busybox cp -r /sdcard/3rd_party /system/

You should get an empty prompt is done correctly, if so enter:
    3. Copy the "ArcVideoEditor" apk to any SD card.
    4. Fire up Astro or the file manager of your choice and install.
    5. ???
    6. Profit

You might experience some slowness and FC's when selecting media to add to the storyline, but pretty much else runs fairly well. Lemme know what issues you have.
    clockwork mod recovery is installed via rom manager(in the app market) you need to root your phone, install rom manager, go into rom manager and tell it to flash clockwork recovery. there are guides on the forums to do each of those things, alot of people already have this done so using one of these zips can be alot quicker for them than enter all the commands and moving things by hand