How to root and unroot our SGR without flashing via Odin?

Search This thread

bhargav143

Mar 6, 2011
Berhampur
Hi friends, has anybody tried rooting via Gingerbreak or ZergRush method? Is it safe? Why is this not working on SGR?

Sent from my GT-I9103 using XDA

sagarwadhwa1

Feb 18, 2011
New Delhi
OnePlus 7
Hi friends, has anybody tried rooting via Gingerbreak or ZergRush method? Is it safe? Why is this not working on SGR?

Samsung Galaxy R is not such a widely used phone (can't seem to figure out why), hence, the low compatibility rate.
and i guess there is no other way to Root or Unroot your phone (just yet) without flashing via Odin. However no one's stopping you from trying other methods... Just be on the safe side and keep backups of everything.
P.S. : You won't void your warranty if you flash Stock Firmware or the CWM via Odin... And anything done by the CWM doesn't increase your custom counter so you are good to go for the warranty...

Reactions: bhargav143

bhargav143

Mar 6, 2011
Berhampur
Thank you mate..... But, If I flash CWM.... will I be able to get back to stock recovery.... If yes... Could you give me a link for such guide.....

M

m.kochan10

You get back stock recovery when you re-flash your fw via odin. If you don't want to reflash the whole fw, just take a recovery.img (or recovery.bin - I don't remember) from .tar package and create a separate .tar file for it -> and flash via odin.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Samsung Galaxy R is not such a widely used phone (can't seem to figure out why), hence, the low compatibility rate.
    and i guess there is no other way to Root or Unroot your phone (just yet) without flashing via Odin. However no one's stopping you from trying other methods... Just be on the safe side and keep backups of everything.
    P.S. : You won't void your warranty if you flash Stock Firmware or the CWM via Odin... And anything done by the CWM doesn't increase your custom counter so you are good to go for the warranty...
    Thank you mate..... But, If I flash CWM.... will I be able to get back to stock recovery.... If yes... Could you give me a link for such guide.....

Just flash the Stock ROM. It will revert back everything. :)