Aroma Installer Freezes problem

Search This thread

sabnack

Jul 12, 2010
ASUS ROG Phone 5
As the title says I (like some other users) have been experiencing a lot of issues while trying to install any ROM that uses any version of AROMA installer on my N7100.
I googled the issue and i did look here for a solution but unfortunately without any luck... if this problem has been solved in some other threads i didn't find, I'm sorry for my incompetence and you can delete this thread.
If anyone still have this issue could be happy to know I solved it by flashing TWRP recovery 2.3.2.3, I've been putting my trust in clockworkmod recovery since i switched to android powered devices but for now this is the only solution i found to the problem.
thank you for your time and patience, hope I'v been useful to someody.

ohtoulouz

Feb 2, 2011
As the title says I (like some other users) have been experiencing a lot of issues while trying to install any ROM that uses any version of AROMA installer on my N7100.
I googled the issue and i did look here for a solution but unfortunately without any luck... if this problem has been solved in some other threads i didn't find, I'm sorry for my incompetence and you can delete this thread.
If anyone still have this issue could be happy to know I solved it by flashing TWRP recovery 2.3.2.3, I've been putting my trust in clockworkmod recovery since i switched to android powered devices but for now this is the only solution i found to the problem.

AROMA works great with CWM 6.0.15 and freeze with CWM above 6.0.15

adinfsfocus

Jul 27, 2011
Timisoara
If you got freeze in Aroma you have to wipe cache and dalvik cache,full wipe then format system and you got no freeze in aroma.
Sory for my english.

sabnack

Jul 12, 2010
ASUS ROG Phone 5
AROMA works great with CWM 6.0.15 and freeze with CWM above 6.0.15

I didn't try with that version of CWM thanks for the advice, I'll try when i get the chance

If you got freeze in Aroma you have to wipe cache and dalvik cache,full wipe then format system and you got no freeze in aroma.

unfortunately i tried this with no luck... thanks anyway for your help.

I'm sorry for the OT but could anyone adress me to any thread or solution for the "mount and storage" issue ? it doesn't work with any recovery thanks

piratashitzu

Jan 13, 2011
RIO DE JANEIRO
Sorry for a lazy noobish question, but i really didn't understand how performe a TWRP installation. Does anybody can tell me or address a usefull link?
Thanks

SenK9

Nov 29, 2009
I had the same issue until reverting to 6.0.1.5. Since then I'm using PhilZ modified CWM and it works perfectly.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

fabienpascal

Oct 3, 2010
Singapore
Thanks

Thank you for the work.

Personnally i had to install using Team Win Recovery.
Recovery ClockWorkMod 6.0.1.9 made Aroma Installer Freeze...

mikael91

Mar 25, 2014
i have the same problem, i wanted to reflash dr ketan's rom, im using CWM 6.0.4.7 and Phliz Touch 6.19.2, i've found out i have no backup, and aroma freezes during random moments of installation.. that was the first time i flashed something by myself, went great, for some reason i tried to change kernel, and now i can't use my phone.. i would appreciate your help guys so much,

//

edit: i've flashed twrp, and installation went flawlessly, i think i accidently deleted some CWM backup files, with aroma files being in folder.

Last edited:

nishandx

Jun 22, 2008
City OF Kandy
This worked for me after days of trying

I found and Older version of Philz touch Recovery ( Version 5 ) and flashed it with Odin. My galaxy note 2 N7100 was earlier on Philz 6. now it says Philz touch recover 5. Flashed the Pheonix V17 form SD card without any hang ups this time and now works like a charm. It did not freeze even once. Donno this works on all occations.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100XXUENA1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry for a lazy noobish question, but i really didn't understand how performe a TWRP installation. Does anybody can tell me or address a usefull link?
    Thanks

you can use mobile odin to flash any zip or tar you wish to flash on device
    you can also flash the zip from any recovery menu
    Thanks

Android purists can think what they like, but the easiest way would be to use GNote 2 Toolkit by MSkip. Makes installation of TWRP/ CWM a breeze