[REF][GPE] HTC One Google Play Edition Stock OTA URLs

Search This thread

SteffBody

Aug 13, 2013
I got set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed.

Installation aborted.

I am using the recovery from the GPe Conversion Thread. I think it's being caused by the fact I am using the rooted version.

And I can't enter the stock recovery. I can press recovery and then it's displayed the android figure and it's loading...after that it's displayed the figure with a red triangle and nothing happen. :(

repvik

Oct 19, 2007
And I can't enter the stock recovery. I can press recovery and then it's displayed the android figure and it's loading...after that it's displayed the figure with a red triangle and nothing happen. :(

When you see the red triangle, press and hold volume up and power for a couple of seconds. Then wait.

brainimpact

Oct 21, 2011
brainimpact.wordpress.com
I got set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed.

Installation aborted.

I am using the recovery from the GPe Conversion Thread. I think it's being caused by the fact I am using the rooted version.

I had the recovery from that thread and the rooted GPe version and it updated with no problems although not manually from recovery but automatic from OTA

jamesstringer

Nov 25, 2013
when i get to the holding power and up part I always wait until the buttons start to flash and then i let off after its flashed like 5 times

Turn off your device, hold power + down until it switches on, then when it goes into the menu, use your volume down keys to move to recovery - select recovery by hitting the power button (quickly - dont hold).

Then an android with its front open should appear, hold volume up and press the power button (quickly - dont hold) (several errors may occur saying mount sd card failed). If you don't see a blue text menu, keep trying pressing the volume up button, then the power button (quickly - dont hold)

It will a bring up a menu where you can select to install from phone storage (press power button to select, volume up/down to scroll)(apply from phone storage), my update was located not in '/' but in '0/'

ainen

Aug 26, 2011
Does the require stock GE recovery or can it be flashed on the stock DE recovery?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

brainimpact

Oct 21, 2011
brainimpact.wordpress.com
Turn off your device, hold power + down until it switches on, then when it goes into the menu, use your volume down keys to move to recovery - select recovery by hitting the power button (quickly - dont hold).

Then an android with its front open should appear, hold volume up and press the power button (quickly - dont hold) (several errors may occur saying mount sd card failed). If you don't see a blue text menu, keep trying pressing the volume up button, then the power button (quickly - dont hold)

It will a bring up a menu where you can select to install from phone storage (press power button to select, volume up/down to scroll)(apply from phone storage), my update was located not in '/' but in '0/'

yep i have no problems getting into recovery was just saying i wait until buttons flash then let off power and volume fast b/c a few guys were having a hard time

Last edited:

rdxhd

Jun 14, 2012

Thanks for the write up. I get to do all that but when I select install from phone storage the screen says rebooting. It seems like it fails and then it throws me out.

m1ket

Aug 24, 2010
Press up button first then quickly power button then hold them at the same time for about 2 secs and release them together. The menu should appear.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

aha thanks was holding the button for too long, 5 flashes of the button then release worked thanks!

CheesyNutz

Oct 26, 2010
Springfield
Heads up in tried to use the ota from stock recovery it hosed my phone had to side LOAD another rom to get my phone working again

From my One while peeking in your window

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo
I decided to take a risk and sideload the update with TWRP.

Don't. It tries to update the firmware and fails, and KitKat fails to boot (you get coloured lines) because it does not like the firmware. My fault, I'll boot into TWRP, backup and re-run the 4.3 RUU.

Damn. And I -didnt- back up.

****. Etc.

Guess I know what to do when I get home from work today.

elfrisi

Apr 26, 2012
Guaynabo
www.artbycgi.com
And above all apps that couldve gotten corrupted during upgrade, Whatsapp wont open OR install (freaking error 24). Time to wipe my phone (since I'm not rooted, and don't plan to).

Top Liked Posts