[Q] Sudden SSL errors

Search This thread

sb719

Nov 30, 2010
My son's 210R just today started getting SSL errors every time he tries to access a Google site. It also seems to be interfering with Google apps as well, YouTube, Play Store, and Gmail all report "no connection". He pretty much can't do anything that requires a connection to Google.

This is on our home network, I have another 210R, my own 310, plus computers, Xbox,etc that don't get any sort of error so I don't think it's a network issue.

I did root the table the day before yesterday, and uninstalled a few system apps he didn't use (Flipboard, ChatOn, WatchOn, Game Hub, Play Music, Game Hub, Music Hub, Peel, Polaris, and Group Play).

Could any of that have caused an issue? I rooted by flashing TWRP from Odin and then flashing the universal root zip.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

NilsBe

Mar 3, 2008
My son's 210R just today started getting SSL errors every time he tries to access a Google site. It also seems to be interfering with Google apps as well, YouTube, Play Store, and Gmail all report "no connection". He pretty much can't do anything that requires a connection to Google.

This is on our home network, I have another 210R, my own 310, plus computers, Xbox,etc that don't get any sort of error so I don't think it's a network issue.

I did root the table the day before yesterday, and uninstalled a few system apps he didn't use (Flipboard, ChatOn, WatchOn, Game Hub, Play Music, Game Hub, Music Hub, Peel, Polaris, and Group Play).

Could any of that have caused an issue? I rooted by flashing TWRP from Odin and then flashing the universal root zip.

Please check your Time/Date and adjust it in case it is not correct. As the Samsung Galaxy Tab has no ntp time sync this could be the reason for the problem. If the time is correct you will have to keep searching for the solution.

Best
Nils

sb719

Nov 30, 2010
Please check your Time/Date and adjust it in case it is not correct. As the Samsung Galaxy Tab has no ntp time sync this could be the reason for the problem. If the time is correct you will have to keep searching for the solution.

Best
Nils

Thanks for the reply.
I read that somewhere else, too. Right after I did a factory reset, which also worked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Best
    Nils