[DEV] Android for Blue Angel (PXA Droid)

Search This thread

miki100

Jun 2, 2012
Bydgoszcz
Thank you, but notime has create a 3.5 kernel with android features
You and notime2d8 make a team of great developers :)

The other big problem is the power supply, in 3.5 is the bq24022 regulator remove and the gpio regulator is not work for blueangel... :(
I know you probably checked that, but maybe backporting the driver from kernel 3.3 would work? Patch (I can't again test it, because I'm waiting for an important call, and Blue Angel is my only phone...)

d-two

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2008
You and notime2d8 make a team of great developers :)

I know you probably checked that, but maybe backporting the driver from kernel 3.3 would work? Patch (I can't again test it, because I'm waiting for an important call, and Blue Angel is my only phone...)

Thanks, but the gpio regulator works now :good: we don't need the old driver anymore...

Reactions: Arteusx

gbl08ma

Nov 13, 2009
gbl08ma.com
Is the status list on the first post updated? I thought you had solved the suspend/wakeup problem by developing the custom bootloader.

B-44

Aug 31, 2011
Starkenburg
www.B-44.de
Maybe i'm gone bit off topic over summer vacancies, but the last versions i tested had to be copied on SD-card, WM started and then starting Android from SD. Does now Android start without WM? Or how does this 16GB/sdhc work?

d-two

Nov 27, 2008
Maybe i'm gone bit off topic over summer vacancies, but the last versions i tested had to be copied on SD-card, WM started and then starting Android from SD. Does now Android start without WM? Or how does this 16GB/sdhc work?

look in the second post, the video native android :silly: but i didn't release this version till now...

Last edited:
Reactions: Arteusx and B-44

B-44

Aug 31, 2011
Starkenburg
www.B-44.de
Right, even Android for BA on 4GB-SD-Card would have been ingenious- but now the option of going up to at least 16GB- this provides some totally different perspectives! Not only for BA, but for Hima as well- without the limitation of memory our phones actually suffer from (especially Hima, which i really like because of the solid way it's build), they'll be back in fit for everyday-use category. (And ahead from this- if D-Two really could build such a bootloader for WM and cook it in his Multilang-ROM... just a dream:angel:)

The only thing missing is the built-in GPS device.
Does any one here know- if i take a keychain-GPS (Teleprovodnik)
which provides some solid signal and gets properly connected via bluetooth to my BA,
take away its battery (which reduces the device for 50% to about 7mm) and make it drain its energy from the phone, connection to the phone it takes his energy from isn't possible any more (connection-failure-report after entering 4-digit-code)- but bluetooth-connection to another BA still works fine :confused:
wtf does this device not want to be connected to the phone it gets its energy from?

B-44

Aug 31, 2011
Starkenburg
www.B-44.de
Hmm... the distance in both cases is less than 10cm, on the phone less than 2. but here it worked when GPS ran on its own battery.
Maybe i have to change the way GPS is connected to the battery...
I'll do some testing and start a speciel thread in the BA Accessoires&Equipment-Area to keep D-Two's thread clean.

Last edited:

gbl08ma

Nov 13, 2009
gbl08ma.com
About the camera drivers... the camera is not that good but I think it's a shame if it's left out.

According to the BA wiki and to handhelds.linux.kernel mailing list archives, there used to be a kernel patch that adds camera support at:
http://www.ulyssis.org/~beton/arm/patch-linux-2.6.9-rc2-tcl1-i2c-20040924.gz
however, the file is not available anymore. Internet Archive doesn't have it either.

Is it worth contacting the people involved in that mailing list thread in order to get said patch?
The email addresses can be seen at http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.linux.kernel/693/ after you click them (they'll show like a captcha).
I can do this for you so you use the time to fix the problems :D

d-two

Nov 27, 2008
About the camera drivers... the camera is not that good but I think it's a shame if it's left out.

According to the BA wiki and to handhelds.linux.kernel mailing list archives, there used to be a kernel patch that adds camera support at:
http://www.ulyssis.org/~beton/arm/patch-linux-2.6.9-rc2-tcl1-i2c-20040924.gz
however, the file is not available anymore. Internet Archive doesn't have it either.

Is it worth contacting the people involved in that mailing list thread in order to get said patch?
The email addresses can be seen at http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.linux.kernel/693/ after you click them (they'll show like a captcha).
I can do this for you so you use the time to fix the problems :D

or you make a working driver for linux kernel 3.5 :p

Reactions: Arteusx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Gingerbread 2.3.6/2.3.7 CM7.2​

xda_3_black_3.png

DOWNLOAD ALPHA RELEASE​

Special Greetings to notime2d8 who let me have a look at his Universal Kernel and Filesystem ;)

And thanks to all who didn't want to help me and just said that it's not possible because of the age of the device

Kernel 2.6.34

Working
    -LCD
    -IRDA
    -WIFI (for the moment only in CM7.2)
    -Sound (UDA1380)
    -Bluetooth (for the moment only in CM7.2)
    -Power Supply
    -Phone Support (for the moment only in CM7.2)
    -CPU (scaling | idle)
    -DOC G3 (64MB)
    -Intel Flash (32MB) (read support)
    -GPIO (Buttons | LEDs)
    -PASIC2 (Battery | LEDs)
    -TSC2200 Chip (Buttons | Touchscreen)
    -ATI Imageon 3200 / W100 Frame Buffer
    -ASIC3 (SD/SDHC CARD | Keyboard | Backlight | Button / Keyboard Backlight | Vibrator)

Problems
    -UDA1380 (ADC not work)
    -Keyboard Backlight (Not right detected)
    -Phone (No GPRS at the Moment | Pin must input in Windows Mobile !!:mad:)

Not working
    -Camera (at the moment no driver available)
    -Suspend/Resume (problem with wakeup)

ToDo
    -Intel Flash (add write support)
    -Optimize Wifi driver add WPA(2) support
    -Bootloader (port to lk)
    -Cleanup init.rc
    -Remove Battery workaround
    -Optimize OpenGL
    -Add W100 lib ?

Thanks for the Donation:
    -Swiss420 (Thanks for Logo too)
    -Atakan Yilmaz
    -Fiona Bennett
    -kuapao
    FAQ

Q: How do I get the Google Apps?
    A: LINK

Q: How I can help?
    A: LOOK HERE

Kernel 3.5+

Working
    -LCD
    -IRDA
    -WIFI (not yet)
    -Sound (UDA1380) (not yet)
    -Bluetooth (not yet)
    -Phone Support (not yet)
    -CPU (scaling | idle)
    -DOC G3 (64MB)
    -Intel Flash (32MB) (read only)
    -GPIO (Buttons | LEDs)
    -PASIC2 (Battery | LEDs)
    -Power Supply with USB Charging
    -TSC2200 Chip (Buttons | Touchscreen)
    -ATI Imageon 3200 / W100 Frame Buffer
    -ASIC3 (SD/SDHC CARD | Keyboard | Backlight | Button / Keyboard Backlight | Vibrator | LEDs)

Problems
    -UDA1380 (ADC not work)
    -Keyboard Backlight (Not right detected)
    -Phone (No GPRS at the Moment | Pin must input in Windows Mobile !!:mad:)

Not working
    -Camera (at the moment no driver available)
    -Suspend/Resume (problem with wakeup)

YouTube Channel

Yes, some news:
    I have fix ATI Suspend...
    I have fix SD Card detection...
    I have create a standby mode (standby time 36 hours)
    Fix PWM asic for bootloader version...
    Kernel support now Hima, Magician and Universal too...

and at the moment i work on the PXA-Bootloader (it can detect the different devices Himalaya, Blueangel, Magician and Universal)

Stuff that need to fix or add:
    Flash driver in Bootloader...
    PXA framebuffer in bootloader...
    Docg driver for Universal in bootloader...
    USB Support in Bootloader...

Fix SD card in Android...
    Fix route for mic (phone and record) in Android...

Improvements for performances...
    4GB SD by Platinum and Transcend both work with simple Install as well as Ubuntu on SX66...
    In the download area there's some Gingerbread entry created yesterday 20:35 but it's empty:confused:
    For this but it is not finish :D

PS: Sorry for the cut the battery was empty :(
    PPS: It's CyanogenMod :D
    Good News:

I have test a 32GB SDHC Card class10 and it work :laugh:
    This card:
    http://www.amazon.de/dp/B007BJHEWK/...de=asn&creative=22494&creativeASIN=B007BJHEWK