[DEV] Android for Blue Angel (PXA Droid)

Search This thread

miki100

Jun 2, 2012
Bydgoszcz
About the camera drivers... the camera is not that good but I think it's a shame if it's left out.

According to the BA wiki and to handhelds.linux.kernel mailing list archives, there used to be a kernel patch that adds camera support at:
http://www.ulyssis.org/~beton/arm/patch-linux-2.6.9-rc2-tcl1-i2c-20040924.gz
however, the file is not available anymore. Internet Archive doesn't have it either.

This driver will not get us anywhere. I have this patch on my HDD, but it is for adcm2650 connected to PXA27x(if I'm not mistaken), and in Blue Angel camera is connected to ATI Imageon 3200, and this is the problem. We don't have ANY technical information about it (only the great work with Linux FB driver for it). The only thing that I found was incomplete documentation for ATI Imageon 2182, which is a newer device.

d-two

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2008
This driver will not get us anywhere. I have this patch on my HDD, but it is for adcm2650 connected to PXA27x(if I'm not mistaken), and in Blue Angel camera is connected to ATI Imageon 3200, and this is the problem. We don't have ANY technical information about it (only the great work with Linux FB driver for it). The only thing that I found was incomplete documentation for ATI Imageon 2182, which is a newer device.

yes, exactly this is the problem :good: Please send me the documentation about the ATI Imageon 2182 ...

PS: i will send you a patch from notime8d for fix the SD Card problem in the new kernel commit it, please. i have today no time for work on the kernel.

Reactions: gbl08ma and Arteusx

notime2d8

Jul 31, 2007
Birmingham
yes, exactly this is the problem :good: Please send me the documentation about the ATI Imageon 2182 ...

PS: i will send you a patch from notime2d8 for fix the SD Card problem in the new kernel commit it, please. i have today no time for work on the kernel.

This looks like a play on words... and I guess I should have tried to commit it....but I suck at using git :crying:

Did anyone ever figure out if at least the ATI chip uses an I2C interface or if some of the Qualcomm chips used similar hardware since this line was sold to them?

Last edited:

d-two

Nov 27, 2008
This looks like a play on words... and I guess I should have tried to commit it....but I suck at using git :crying:

Did anyone ever figure out if at least the ATI chip uses an I2C interface or if some of the Qualcomm chips used similar hardware since this line was sold to them?

I think the kaiser gpu is similar hardware or the ati imagon in the harald...

Last edited:

snakefreak

May 29, 2007
Lüneburg
Nice work d-two Really amazing to see a dev on a old but good device! think about to buy one again ;)

thinking often about the The good old times before android. (Ångström, qtopia )

B-44

Aug 31, 2011
Starkenburg
www.B-44.de
Hi at all
any news of the poject android?
By

If there would be, D-two would have let us know 'bout it... OR he's up to something more important like this 16GB-thing. There's no use in twittering about halflaid eggs- if he's beyond it he'll be more distracted by impatient questions than by really occuring difficulties...
So just take some cookie and wait :)

Last edited:

gbl08ma

Nov 13, 2009
gbl08ma.com
If you're impatient, just look at d-two's profile when he's online, and see what he is looking at here in XDAdev... still, he may be doing something unrelated to BA development, but you get some interesting hints...

Reactions: B-44

B-44

Aug 31, 2011
Starkenburg
www.B-44.de
You're quite right :up: And as he's trying to solve problems that yet haven't been solved, it's quite naturally he's searching for things outside BA-Threads. And second: D-Two's no slave to his own project (i hope so)...

BTW: if any one should have questions about state of development and things to be solved- just take a look at post#1.

Last edited:

B-44

Aug 31, 2011
Starkenburg
www.B-44.de
A bit stalkerish, don't ya' think? :D

Basically i understand your intention... But there are profile-settings, possibility of multiple accounts, and after all we don't have real private data dealt with here. But maybe it could be some idea if XDA-Dev would invent a „private-mode″ similar to eBay (of course you can just log out if you're in search of something dangerous ;) ), suppose temporarily. But i doubt it, could be much ado ′bout nothing.

Last edited:

d-two

Nov 27, 2008
@d-two with new bootloader that abilify 32 gb sdch we can use class 10 cards ?

I don't know i have only a 16 GB SDHC ;)

Hope - when finished - he'll manage to port it to Hima... (bittebitte:fingers-crossed:)

at the weekend i want relase the next version... but only SD card version NO bootloader BUT with CWM :fingers-crossed:

EDIT: and yes i want port to Hima and Magician

Last edited:

miki100

Jun 2, 2012
Bydgoszcz
at the weekend i want relase the next version...
That's nice, maybe this will force me to get back to development for Blue Angel :) . I tried to get Wifi working in kernel 3.5, but there are many bugs.("no free txdesc left", "channel invalid in current regulatory domain")
I think that once we are done with Blue Angel, porting this to Himalaya and Magician shouldn't be hard. Especially for Himalaya , because it's very similar hardware to Blue Angel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Gingerbread 2.3.6/2.3.7 CM7.2​

xda_3_black_3.png

DOWNLOAD ALPHA RELEASE​

Special Greetings to notime2d8 who let me have a look at his Universal Kernel and Filesystem ;)

And thanks to all who didn't want to help me and just said that it's not possible because of the age of the device

Kernel 2.6.34

Working
    -LCD
    -IRDA
    -WIFI (for the moment only in CM7.2)
    -Sound (UDA1380)
    -Bluetooth (for the moment only in CM7.2)
    -Power Supply
    -Phone Support (for the moment only in CM7.2)
    -CPU (scaling | idle)
    -DOC G3 (64MB)
    -Intel Flash (32MB) (read support)
    -GPIO (Buttons | LEDs)
    -PASIC2 (Battery | LEDs)
    -TSC2200 Chip (Buttons | Touchscreen)
    -ATI Imageon 3200 / W100 Frame Buffer
    -ASIC3 (SD/SDHC CARD | Keyboard | Backlight | Button / Keyboard Backlight | Vibrator)

Problems
    -UDA1380 (ADC not work)
    -Keyboard Backlight (Not right detected)
    -Phone (No GPRS at the Moment | Pin must input in Windows Mobile !!:mad:)

Not working
    -Camera (at the moment no driver available)
    -Suspend/Resume (problem with wakeup)

ToDo
    -Intel Flash (add write support)
    -Optimize Wifi driver add WPA(2) support
    -Bootloader (port to lk)
    -Cleanup init.rc
    -Remove Battery workaround
    -Optimize OpenGL
    -Add W100 lib ?

Thanks for the Donation:
    -Swiss420 (Thanks for Logo too)
    -Atakan Yilmaz
    -Fiona Bennett
    -kuapao
    FAQ

Q: How do I get the Google Apps?
    A: LINK

Q: How I can help?
    A: LOOK HERE

Kernel 3.5+

Working
    -LCD
    -IRDA
    -WIFI (not yet)
    -Sound (UDA1380) (not yet)
    -Bluetooth (not yet)
    -Phone Support (not yet)
    -CPU (scaling | idle)
    -DOC G3 (64MB)
    -Intel Flash (32MB) (read only)
    -GPIO (Buttons | LEDs)
    -PASIC2 (Battery | LEDs)
    -Power Supply with USB Charging
    -TSC2200 Chip (Buttons | Touchscreen)
    -ATI Imageon 3200 / W100 Frame Buffer
    -ASIC3 (SD/SDHC CARD | Keyboard | Backlight | Button / Keyboard Backlight | Vibrator | LEDs)

Problems
    -UDA1380 (ADC not work)
    -Keyboard Backlight (Not right detected)
    -Phone (No GPRS at the Moment | Pin must input in Windows Mobile !!:mad:)

Not working
    -Camera (at the moment no driver available)
    -Suspend/Resume (problem with wakeup)

YouTube Channel

Yes, some news:
    I have fix ATI Suspend...
    I have fix SD Card detection...
    I have create a standby mode (standby time 36 hours)
    Fix PWM asic for bootloader version...
    Kernel support now Hima, Magician and Universal too...

and at the moment i work on the PXA-Bootloader (it can detect the different devices Himalaya, Blueangel, Magician and Universal)

Stuff that need to fix or add:
    Flash driver in Bootloader...
    PXA framebuffer in bootloader...
    Docg driver for Universal in bootloader...
    USB Support in Bootloader...

Fix SD card in Android...
    Fix route for mic (phone and record) in Android...

Improvements for performances...
    4GB SD by Platinum and Transcend both work with simple Install as well as Ubuntu on SX66...
    In the download area there's some Gingerbread entry created yesterday 20:35 but it's empty:confused:
    For this but it is not finish :D

PS: Sorry for the cut the battery was empty :(
    PPS: It's CyanogenMod :D
    Good News:

I have test a 32GB SDHC Card class10 and it work :laugh:
    This card:
    http://www.amazon.de/dp/B007BJHEWK/...de=asn&creative=22494&creativeASIN=B007BJHEWK