[INFO] Official CM9 Nightlies rolling out NOW!

Search This thread

nihiladrem

Jul 25, 2010
Iowa
Also poor battery performance

I am also seeing very poor battery performance. I would estimate that the stats mentioned by dexterboy1106 are very similar to what I've been seeing.

I've only run stock gb on my ns4g before this so do not have a great deal to compare it too. Other than the battery life the rom has been stable for 2 days now and I'm loving it.

dexterboy1106

Oct 11, 2010
San Antonio
I'm trying something new Went to the performance menu set the governor to on demand Set the max CPU at 1200 MHz Minimum is at 100 MHz Will report back later so far battery is doing way better

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App

bmwjnky

Aug 1, 2011
CA 916
I'm trying something new Went to the performance menu set the governor to on demand Set the max CPU at 1200 MHz Minimum is at 100 MHz Will report back later so far battery is doing way better

That's what I have mine at and the battery does pretty good as long as I have a dark background and the brightness low. My phone came off the charger around 7am and just now got a low battery warning. It saw pretty good use today since I was home with my son and was checking my work email regularity and sending texts back and fourth.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

BlindWolf8

Nov 24, 2010
Cherry Hill, NJ
Just flashed CM9 20120226 with gapps 20120224 and su 3.0.7. I noticed that the lowest brightness settings are higher than they are on 4.0.3 stock. Anyone else notice this?

EDIT: Looks like this issue happens after the screen/phone gets fully "locked" (power button "click") after an initial power on. When the screen turns back on it's now brighter than it was before. The only solution is to reboot.

Last edited:

lowfi

Jun 20, 2010
My experience with CM9 nightly 2/25

Nexus S, I9020A

update-cm-9-20120225-NIGHTLY-crespo-signed.zip
gapps-ics-20111125-2.zip

Was running CM7 nightlies for a while but most recently was running CM7 stable (7.1.0.1-NS I think).

Wondering whether others are seeing anything similar.

1. Phone and SMS works.

2. WiFi works but seems to be slow. Browser and other apps take a long time to download anything, e.g. GMail takes ~5 seconds to show first view; Google Reader can take 10s or more to update feeds; browser is very laggy.

3. Carrier data doesn't work. The signal bars seem to go blue (i.e. on) when WiFi is connected, but if I disconnect WiFi then the carrier bars also disconnect. It also seems to flip between E and 3G a lot, like it's thrashing.

4. Overall phone UI is extremely laggy. Very slow compared to CM7 stable. Apps can take multiple seconds to open, apps drawer takes seconds to open, nothing scrolls smoothly.

5. Battery usage is poor. Runs down battery in 8 hours or less with moderate usage. Device seems to be much warmer than when running CM7.

6. Wallet crashes. I initially got constant messages about "Unfortunately wallet has stopped". Doing Manage Apps > Wallet > Force Stop seems to help.

7. Up-to-date Market app doesn't work. It opens and I can search for apps but when I click on a specific app it crashes ("Unfortunately Market has stopped"). If I Manage Apps > Market > Uninstall Updates then it works.

lowfi

Jun 20, 2010
Possible to Disable Wallet

Wallet seems to be one of the big culprits for me.

(Nexus S baseband I9020A on Rogers, CM9 nightly 2/25, GApps 20120215 )

My battery life is about 4 hours, battery monitor says that Wallet is the top user at 48%.

If I 'force stop' the Wallet then that seems to help a bit, but it restarts after 5 mins or so.

Is it possible to disable it?

jesusice

Dec 22, 2010

My battery life is about 4 hours, battery monitor says that Wallet is the top user at 48%.

If I 'force stop' the Wallet then that seems to help a bit, but it restarts after 5 mins or so.

Just uninstall it or freeze it with Titanium.

novic_dev

Aug 23, 2010
Moscow
www.anikos.su

I am also seeing very poor battery performance. I would estimate that the stats mentioned by dexterboy1106 are very similar to what I've been seeing.

I've only run stock gb on my ns4g before this so do not have a great deal to compare it too. Other than the battery life the rom has been stable for 2 days now and I'm loving it.

You should use some alternetive kernels without battery issues like Matrix, AIR and so on ;)

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

Change log for NS4G

http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=crespo4g

Change log for GSM Nexus S

http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=crespo

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot!!! Very useful info! :)

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
I've barely used my phone almost two days now.. Just occasionally picking it up to do this and that, updating apps, checking email, browsing for a few minutes and putting it back down.

I know it's Wifi, I know I barely used it but it does indicate to me there is no runaway processes going on.

Using matr1x v17 w/ SmartassV2. Deep idle disabled, no BLN.. min/max 100/1000mhz

Screenshot_2012-02-29-17-22-30.png

dexterboy1106

Oct 11, 2010
San Antonio
Issuses

My phone lasted about 8 hrs today with the cpu at 1200mhz max and 200mhz min I used it alot on 3g no wifi and was at 23% by then.

On my way to class I use my bluetooth modulator and the audio wouldn't play through it like it did before I did have a different ICS rom before and it worked.

I am using this as my daily and it is more stable than the others that I have used

I would like to see some stuff ported from Kangs rom like the lock screen timeout, so when I turn off the screen it doesnt need the password immediately

Also I have noticed that sometimes I loose data and have to reboot the phone, switching to airplane mode wont work and actually wont let me turn it off till I reboot the phone.

Last edited:

lowfi

Jun 20, 2010
Carrier Data Doesn't Work

CM9 nightly 2/26, I9020A on Rogers.

WiFi works fine and the carrier signal strength bars are 'on' when WiFi is on, but when I turn WiFi off the carrier bars also turn grey and I don't have any carrier data.

Phone/SMS work fine. The signal strength icon flips constantly between 'H' and '3G' but never connects. Carrier data on CM7 worked fine on this device.

What should I do?

Skunk Ape1

Nov 26, 2011
Killeen

You can freeze wallet with titanium backup or you can control when it auto starts with Gemini App Manager. You can also completely block it in Gemini the same as freezing in titanium backup.

nihiladrem

Jul 25, 2010
Iowa

Thanks, this also seems to work for me. I am not getting very comprable battery life to the stock gb.

lowfi said:
3. Carrier data doesn't work. The signal bars seem to go blue (i.e. on) when WiFi is connected, but if I disconnect WiFi then the carrier bars also disconnect. It also seems to flip between E and 3G a lot, like it's thrashing.
6. Wallet crashes. I initially got constant messages about "Unfortunately wallet has stopped". Doing Manage Apps > Wallet > Force Stop seems to help.

I have also seen that the signal bars don't seem to go blue consistently. However my cellular data service has not changed so I believe this is cosmetic. Wallet has crashed once for me, but I don't ever use it so I have not noticed any problems other than that. Other than 3 & 6 I have not seen lowfi's problems.

EVO-lution of Man

Jun 17, 2010
NY
I'm having a lot of trouble with this. It says to move it to system/media, rename it to boot animation, then delete the other. When I try that, it says I can't because it's a read only file. Ideas?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Change permissions to r/w if you using a file browser like root explorer. That will solve it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Reactions: YourWorstPoison

Top Liked Posts