[GUIDE] Revolution´s Ultimate ROM Cooking Guide

Search This thread

clockedtouch

Feb 11, 2008
LA
You cannot sign a ROM correctly, as you are not Samsung and do not have their official signing keys. We use a custom recovery to circumvent key checking, so ROMs do not need to be signed.

Typically Modems for different phones don't work, as they are designed per phone. You could try out different modems, but you would have to be proficient with Odin, as flashing the wrong modem will soft brick you.

Thanks sduvick for the reply and just to clarify it wont completely brick the phone its just a soft brick and i reflash with odin if it loops ? and thanks again

Last edited:

sduvick

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 15, 2010
MN
yes, the only thing that can completely brick a phone are the bootloaders, boot and sbl. you can reflash with odin yes.

Abskurity

Aug 30, 2010
Dirty Waters,CT
Moto G 5G
This is how i made Revolution HD

You need :
Sidekick 4G
Stock ROM

How to make a ROM :
* Get the modem and kernel (zImage) you want to use
* Open the kernel with winrar & extract kernel_flasher .
* Get the APK file's you want on your ROM .
* Open the Stock Deodexed ROM
* Open /UPDATES
* Input your desired modem & kernel inside /UPDATES & Input them .
* Open /META-INF /COM /GOOGLE /ANDROID
* Open updater-script in Notepad ++
* Rename to whatever you want .
* Open /SYSTEM /APP & input the application's you want on the ROM
* You can delete alot of bloat which is application's you don't need
* Open /SYSTEM /XBIN & place SU in there for SuperUser permision's to root your ROM
* Open build.prop in /SYSTEM with Notepad & ro.build.display.id = the name of your ROM
* ro.build.version.release= is the firmware version number you can change .
* Go to uot.dakra.lt & upload your framework-res.apk there & wait for them to cook your desired theme .
* Go to /MEDIA to change sound's , audio , video & boot animation .
* Go to /SYSTEM /ETC & make a folder called init.d & place all your desired script's in there , IE Zipalign , SDCARD tweak's , RAM tweak's & RAM script's .
* Go to /SYSTEM /BIN & rename recovery to recovery.bak & input a modded recovery in there , IE : Krylon360's recovery
* Flash your ROM & feel the difference from stock

This is a video of the Guide that way you can see step by step what im doing that way you can learn
If this thread helped you please thank this post ;)

Here's the video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCZMZRiSROI

This guide in attachment's & ROM here .

Stock KG2 ROM : Here

When I Renamed The Updater-Script,i get installation aborted upon flashing.
also,i just unzip edit and rezip?

my apologies for kicking an old thread while its down but im possibly considering developing some ROMS.great guide also.

Reviewers

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
you can't edit it with regular notepad / wordpad
you have to download this : here and then you won't get installation aborted error upon flashing .

my apologies for kicking an old thread while its down but im possibly considering developing some ROMS.great guide also.

Reactions: Abskurity

Abskurity

Aug 30, 2010
Dirty Waters,CT
Moto G 5G
Thanks Man,I Appreciate Your Assistance.
a few more questions if thats alright....

i customized the framework-res.apk accordingly,
how do i get the 4 option power menu?
and is there any reference to a list of bloat/system apss that are SAFE to remove?

Reviewers

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm not sure how to make extended power menu i have never done it try searching up guide's and it depend's which phone you have .
Thanks Man,I Appreciate Your Assistance.
a few more questions if thats alright....

i customized the framework-res.apk accordingly,
how do i get the 4 option power menu?
and is there any reference to a list of bloat/system apss that are SAFE to remove?

Abskurity

Aug 30, 2010
Dirty Waters,CT
Moto G 5G
you have to download this : here and then you won't get installation aborted error upon flashing .

i used notepad ++,it still aborts upon installation.by renaming you mean to rename the file or the contents?im sorry,there just wasnt a wholelot of detals on how to do this precisely.i unzipped,edited accordingly and rezipped.sig verification off blah blah,still aborts.also tries uzipping the original stock deodex and it still didnt work.i used a stock KD1 As A Base,Or Do I have To use The One You Posted??

im not completely new to developing but i just want to clarify these things i hope its not an issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is how i made Revolution HD

You need :
    Sidekick 4G
    Stock ROM

How to make a ROM :
    * Get the modem and kernel (zImage) you want to use
    * Open the kernel with winrar & extract kernel_flasher .
    * Get the APK file's you want on your ROM .
    * Open the Stock Deodexed ROM
    * Open /UPDATES
    * Input your desired modem & kernel inside /UPDATES & Input them .
    * Open /META-INF /COM /GOOGLE /ANDROID
    * Open updater-script in Notepad ++
    * Rename to whatever you want .
    * Open /SYSTEM /APP & input the application's you want on the ROM
    * You can delete alot of bloat which is application's you don't need
    * Open /SYSTEM /XBIN & place SU in there for SuperUser permision's to root your ROM
    * Open build.prop in /SYSTEM with Notepad & ro.build.display.id = the name of your ROM
    * ro.build.version.release= is the firmware version number you can change .
    * Go to uot.dakra.lt & upload your framework-res.apk there & wait for them to cook your desired theme .
    * Go to /MEDIA to change sound's , audio , video & boot animation .
    * Go to /SYSTEM /ETC & make a folder called init.d & place all your desired script's in there , IE Zipalign , SDCARD tweak's , RAM tweak's & RAM script's .
    * Go to /SYSTEM /BIN & rename recovery to recovery.bak & input a modded recovery in there , IE : Krylon360's recovery
    * Flash your ROM & feel the difference from stock

This is a video of the Guide that way you can see step by step what im doing that way you can learn
    If this thread helped you please thank this post ;)

Here's the video :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCZMZRiSROI

This guide in attachment's & ROM here .

Stock KG2 ROM : Here
    I have the same doubt

most of this will work fine with other phones as android is structured almost the same way across the all devices. find the phone you wanna work on. get a base rom to build off of. and start crackin. er umm "cookin" :)
    I'm not sure for all other device's but i know it work's with all Samsung Device's but it should , all phone's are the same build .
    Yea I want to know for sure before I start bricking phones left and right haha but I think it would work as well.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App