[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][JB] PAC-Man ROM for olympus

Search This thread

torque

Dec 11, 2006
Wroclaw
Thats where your problem is then. Kernel packages are not meant for fastboot. Use CWM or TWRP to flash.

You don't get it, do you ? :p I tried to flash package via TWRP, but kernel won't change or wifi not working. I pushed libs then and write boot via fastboot with your img from package. After that new kernel is working without wifi, like before with mine build.

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
You don't get it, do you ? :p I tried to flash package via TWRP, but kernel won't change or wifi not working. I pushed libs then and write boot via fastboot with your img from package. After that new kernel is working without wifi, like before with mine build.

ok I did find an error with my package. the boot.img inside is called new_boot.img instead of just boot.img. After testing this out on my own device with the modification to reflect just boot.img, the kernel did change, bt works, but wifi is down. not sure why :confused:

torque

Dec 11, 2006
Wroclaw
ok I did find an error with my package. the boot.img inside is called new_boot.img instead of just boot.img. After testing this out on my own device with the modification to reflect just boot.img, the kernel did change, bt works, but wifi is down. not sure why :confused:

This ROM has two wifi drivers: bcmdhd and bcm4329. It might be related.

Anyway, even w/o wifi, this ROM with newest build of kernel is mega fluid and stable.

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
This ROM has two wifi drivers: bcmdhd and bcm4329. It might be related.

Anyway, even w/o wifi, this ROM with newest build of kernel is mega fluid and stable.

those are the two common wifi drivers for this device. And since they both were incorporated into the ROM, I included them in the kernel package. I mean if there are no problems with both of them present in the original ROM, I don't see a reason on why they would be a problem in the upgrade package. I'll try tweaking the package later on today and see if it just needs one or the other.

ASwagBoy

Oct 20, 2012
Alajuela
those are the two common wifi drivers for this device. And since they both were incorporated into the ROM, I included them in the kernel package. I mean if there are no problems with both of them present in the original ROM, I don't see a reason on why they would be a problem in the upgrade package. I'll try tweaking the package later on today and see if it just needs one or the other.

Maybe if you change this line "wifi.interface=wlan0" on build.prop to "wifi.interface=eth0" wifi will work on other kernel.

torque

Dec 11, 2006
Wroclaw
I remember that in older kernels (epinter's source) we had problems with tethering. Tethering was a problem of module libraries. New kernels have bcmdhd (if I'm correct). So solution for compatibility with PAC is to change module for rom on new kernel. I don't know exactly if it's only kernel related OR it can be change somewhere in ROM to force use new kernel libs.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm just sharing my build of PAC-Man... Built from source.
    JB version: 4.2.2
    Download:
    drive.google.com/file/d/0B_V1q3DuyzTCdGdVakdjTDZnV1E/edit?usp=sharing
    Screenshot_2014-02-03-17-32-54.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-03-17-33-27.png

I think that performance has increased a little bit with some changes that I made... Just flash the zip on recovery and then wipe cache and dalvik-cache.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B_V1q3DuyzTCOWVaeHdnRWc1cEk/edit?usp=sharing

Kernel Source: github.com/CyanogenMod-Atrix/android_kernel_motorola_olympus
    ROM Source: github.com/PAC-man/

Thanks to:
    krystianp
    mmontuori
    epinter
    Zn7mkUKzN1r8aCIV
    Hi, I just got a moto atrix with a locked bootloader and I rooted it with a script I found around here and flashed a recovery. Can I flash from a 2.3.6 stock rom to this one without problem?

Root = admin rights
    Locked bootloader = enjoy stock until you unlock

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app
    Oh, I'm so silly. I actually meant unlocked bootloader.

No problem. Make sure you have a CWM of 5.02.7 or higher, make a backup of your current rom, then flash this

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app
    Open the rom zip via 7zip. Open system/app folder. Delete extdispservice.apk. after that you can flash it :)
    thx it's work now