[MOD] GPS Quick Fix - AGPS - NTP - Global

Search This thread

s--c

Jan 2, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL
Wow there is a huge improvement with this mod. Previously it would take like a minute to get 2-3 locks. This takes 10 secs to get the same. Thanks! This is a must flash. I'm currently running GPe Rom

boe323

Jun 22, 2012
Burton on Trent
It locks on that quick that its miles out on first lock lol, doesn't take long to get accurate though, you can also add iburst to the end of pool.ntp.org for rapid time sync, pool.ntp.org iburst. I get 2meters error without a case, 3 with a case, my old onex though used to be 0 to 1meter.EDIT: adding iburst makes the gps lock instant as soon as you open the app but takes a a few seconds to get accurate, well ...at least on my phone it does, try it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a minor modification to the gps configuration file based on other people's work last year. It adds some extra paramaters to the gps.conf file to enable a quick AGPS lock before actually locking to the GPS.

It helps quicken navigation and route finding, not to mention battery.

In my tests, I was in a car in morning and after a reboot, opened Google Maps. Got a lock within 1 second with error of 20 meters. Within 3 seconds, I had full lock with error of 7-10 meters.

This version is global so NTP servers being used are the generic ones.

Flash using any recovery !
    Any way for us to modify this for our own specific regions?

Extract the gps.conf file and edit it for your region before putting it back into the zip

Regions can be found from pool. ntp.org

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Wouldn't it be more accurate if we change servers to NTP_SERVER=0.us.pool.ntp.org, 1.us.pool.ntp.org, 2.us.pool.ntp.org, 3.us.pool.ntp.org

for the US folks?

Honestly, it never made any difference in my testing

Do you have a zip to flash back to stock? Or can you tell me the name of the file being modified so I can back it up? Thanks!

/etc/gps.conf

Works great in Norway. GPS locks within a second. It did modified secure port from 7276 to 7275 + all the extras. And I did use location
    NTP_SERVER=0.europe.pool.ntp.org. Thanks.
    Here you can get some extra information https://docs.google.com/document/d/12JGuF553-Yswh7IRhAZ77I0tpfyuTb0N9SpJ7_GygGE/edit?pli=1