[ROM][07/18/11] Virtuous Sense v2.0.0 :: Enhanced & Optimized Stock ROM (2.42.405.2)

Search This thread

gjm777

Jan 30, 2008
You see it say H on this ROM? On rooted stock ROM, I know it stays on H all the time, whether it be 3G or HSPA, but with mobile signal widget, I was able to tell when it was 3G and when it was really H...

but now with this ROM, I am only getting 3G all the time! I haven't seen H come on once. So I don't know why we're not getting HSPA with this ROM

Sadly, I have not been able to hit H either. I live in an H zone too.

Stock - able to get H
Stock/Root - able to get H
v6.0- no H
v6.1- no H
v6.1 + BaconBits - no H

Other than this the rom is awesome. I'm running around 1100 OCed and it feels perfect.
Is it possible the speed is still H level, but the signal meter never shows it?

wrichards2009

Oct 6, 2010
Is it possible to remove the Sense UI messaging app and install the stock android messaging app? This one is kind of annoying especially without being able to press enter to send.

Circledog

Mar 31, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Is it possible to remove the Sense UI messaging app and install the stock android messaging app? This one is kind of annoying especially without being able to press enter to send.

I would love to know as well, the sense one sucks!!

I have been going between E, 3G and H on mine, no problems there, but mine is really buggy and lags alot, love the FM radio though. Don't understand why they wouldn't make this a usuable feature in the US!

wkrpam

Nov 4, 2010
Portland
Well i got "H" for about five minutes on the light rail here. So, i am going to stop blamng it on the ROM for now... =)

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

wkrpam

Nov 4, 2010
Portland
I love the sense sms app. The sof keyboard is much better.

Also I think that they want to stick to the stock sense Rom as much as possible

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
If HSPA+ didn't work I honestly wouldn't use the ROM myself. Trust me, all the core features of the phone work. I need them too so I'd notice immediately if they weren't working.

wkrpam

Nov 4, 2010
Portland
Yeah, it worked for me at one point as well. I wonder if it is a tmo thing where they are *wink* telling us that we have hspa but not really all the time.

I know when I had the stock ROM installed, it would say "H" but under the signal widget it would report 3G most of the time.

royg17

Jan 28, 2008
Everything is working.

Hello everyone, new to the g2 forums. Thanks to my brother, he helped me root and install the ROM with no problem. I can't say for the 4g network cause there isn't any down here yet. lol. The only thing I had to do was just add the apn networks and now i receive and send pictures and speed. :) Great Job!!

wkrpam

Nov 4, 2010
Portland
wrichards2009 -

I like how one of your screen shots show Edge ;) but thank you for the screen shots! How often does your HSPA turn on?

gjm777

Jan 30, 2008
The only reason I'm questioning the HSPA is my wife has the same phone, stock, OTA update and has H while mine says 3g.

Very odd. What would be a good app/widget to tell true speed?

royg17

Jan 28, 2008
test internet speed

I use speed test app on the market. i get 4 mbps. its shows only 3g on mine.

Last edited:

gaalaagaa

Jun 23, 2010
My hspa works perfectly fine with the ROM. Only difference is stock would show 3g as H which can confuse ppl in believing they are getting hspa while the ROM actually shows if youre either on 3g or hspa. which then again can confuse ppl to believe they are getting 3g and not hspa etc etc

SuperFly03

Mar 17, 2009
Texas
I cannot express the amount of love I have for you Virtuous.

You are the only man who has NOT jacked up the exchange server protocols on ANY ROM you have made (DINC or G2). Flat out, bar none, Virtuous is the only ROM I can put on any of my phones (D2, DINC or G2) and still connect to my work email (exchange). Cyanogen, Skyraider, etc. ALL bork the exchange protocols. I don't think it is intentional but the end result is my inability to use their ROM.

You have salvaged the G2. Stock G2 couldn't connect but this Sense port can.

wkrpam

Nov 4, 2010
Portland
Glad to hear that your mms is working for ya! I know I was glad to get mine back as well!

P.s. welcome to the best Rom out there for the g2!

wkrpam

Nov 4, 2010
Portland
I would download "mobile signal widget" to check your signal and I use the sweetest.net app to test my network speed

wkrpam

Nov 4, 2010
Portland
That is what I was thinking that I was never really getting hspa signal but t-mobile told the phone to say "h"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][07/18/11] Virtuous Sense v2.0.0 :: Enhanced & Optimized Stock ROM (2.42.405.2)

Virtuous Sense is a custom ROM for the HTC Vision series of phones (G2, DesireZ, etc). The goal is to provide a simple, Sense-based, mostly-stock ROM based on the official Desire-Z Sense ROM with essential bug fixes and only subtle enhancements. Virtuous started on the HTC Droid Incredible and is currently one of the most popular ROMs for that device. Virtuous for the Incredible has over 6000 users with an established reputation for stability; which we intend to continue for Vision users.

Features
    • Based off the official DesireZ Sense ROM (WWE 2.42.405.2), deodexed and zipaligned.

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• Wifi calling included and fully functional, conditionally installed for T-Mobile USA users only.
    • Optical trackpad unlock/wake.

• Enhanced reboot options built-in, allowing for booting into recovery, bootloader, hot boot, etc.

• Virtuous Sense custom kernel with overclocking daemon (no need for SetCPU/Tuner). Screen Off: 245760 / 599040 (conservative). Screen On: 245760 / 998400 (ondemand).

• IO optimizations such as use of ext4 for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Updated versions of all Market-available apps.

• All Market-installable apps installed in /data/app. These apps are automatically installed for you both on initial install and after a factory reset/wipe. There are custom scripts to use Android's package manager (pm) to manage these apps, which ensures they are installed properly.

• Added applications: ChromeToPhone, Google Voice and Titanium Backup. Since these are Market apps, they are automatically installed in /data/app for easy removal if desired.

• Bloatware, defined as anything you could easily choose to download from the Market yourself, has been removed.

• Disabled boot animation audio.

• Automatic Virtuous OTA upgrade notification and installation via ROM Manager.

Official Support Disclaimer

Users of this ROM are welcome and encouraged to assist one another in this thread. However, support from the development team will not be offered here. For that, please visit our official forums.
    Reserved for future use.
    I made a flashable version of the newest OTA (2.42.405.4). We have no idea what the changelog looks like, so don't expect anything too different. What this is:

- the 2.42.405.4 OTA patches merged into the 2.42.405.2 RUU.
    - rooted
    - deodexed
    - zipaligned
    - busybox added
    - init.d support added

Nothing else. No bloat removed, no custom kernel, no OC daemon, etc. Flash it via recovery (CWM/4EXT). It won't modify your radio or anything like that.

http://minus.com/lIsMOuefCcPeC

md5: A1DE1D5F6D549068CA47BE6EA0E0CE58

Please don't contact me for support. Feel free to base whatever you want on this.
    Version 0.8.0 is now available! Please note that a full wipe is required prior to installation, as the this is a completely new version of Sense.

This release represents a huge amount of work. We had to redo the entire ROM and ran into several complicated bugs. Quite honestly, the last bug was so frustrating we were about to give up. Fortunately we did not and are able to bring you the absolute latest version of Sense based on Android 2.2.1.

Enjoy!