[L][5.0] Android Lpv Dev for Deb [Stable 9001]

Search This thread

bitstra

Sep 22, 2010
Berlin
Extended PowerMenu L - 3.0 for @sykopompos ROM(s) released!

@all,

I've made a new ver. 3.0 of 'Extended Power Menu L' for the ROM(s) by @sykopompos and his team.

completely FREE and FULL Version for user of @sykopompos ROM(s) - for N4/N5/N7!

Since a xda-MOD moved my last post for EPM into a new (own) thread:

Have a look here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=56199572#post56199572

+ News/Changes +

+ redesigned L'ish icons
+ a second expandable Notification Toggle Bar
+ redesigned Knock, Knock-Clock
+ ability to disable Notification Toggle Bar
+ ability to choose theme color

+ long press power button to launch APM
Press Power Button for longer than 1 second to skip Android L's built PowerOFF Message. . .

The 'Long Press Power Button'-function was tested only on N4/N7 - so I need some feedback by N5 - users!

+ Ability, to use Proximity Sensor for powering OFF/ON
(if enabled - cover the Proximity Sensor for 1.5 sec. to power OFF / cover the Proximity Sensor twice in 1.0 sec. to power ON)

+ A GracePeriod for kernel supported DT2W
(after a given amount of minutes DT2W will be deactivated until you unlock the device next time, for longer battery time )

Keep in mind, that DT2W, Proximity Sensor ON/OFF, and Knock-Knock-Clock will consume some more battery. . .)

skiman10

Oct 1, 2012
Got it running with this guys backup upload: http://xdaforums.com/nexus-7-2013/development-lte/lpx13d-nexus-7-lte-backup-multirom-t2925403
Works good but not perfect, looking forward to running a ROM with the final release code. Already seems like battery life is going to be great. Material design is pretty awesome, working on using it in some upcoming web and app projects, but there will always be a place in my heart for Holo.

Yea the port just wasn't working right and I decided to just wait for the source. I'll be building a ROM for me tonight from the source. I'll have it up here as soon as I know it is working well.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

drewski_1

Jul 20, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Got it running with this guys backup upload: http://xdaforums.com/nexus-7-2013/development-lte/lpx13d-nexus-7-lte-backup-multirom-t2925403
Works good but not perfect, looking forward to running a ROM with the final release code. Already seems like battery life is going to be great. Material design is pretty awesome, working on using it in some upcoming web and app projects, but there will always be a place in my heart for Holo.

wouldn't boot for me. just hung on the Google screen and then after about 30 seconds rebooted to Recovery :(

hhairplane

May 4, 2011
Yea the port just wasn't working right and I decided to just wait for the source. I'll be building a ROM for me tonight from the source. I'll have it up here as soon as I know it is working well.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Can't wait. Really excited for this. Any updates perhaps?

hhairplane

May 4, 2011
Uh well I'm still syncing the source XD

A Flo version is up, if anyone is able to get it working on LTE version? AOSP 5.0.0_r2 Build LRX21M that is

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2474297

EDIT: Supposedly, quite a few got people have LTE working with that build :)

EDIT 2: Nevermind, was an older build, sorry, but scrosler is willing to create another one.

EDIT 3: One was built and is working. HAVE To Flash Save.Zip though...

Last edited:

mau006

Jun 5, 2008
Eugene
A Flo version is up, if anyone is able to get it working on LTE version? AOSP 5.0.0_r2 Build LRX21M that is

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2474297

EDIT: Supposedly, quite a few got people have LTE working with that build :)

EDIT 2: Nevermind, was an older build, sorry, but scrosler is willing to create another one.
That one got filled up with some drama in regards to deb, though there is a working deb version up and I'm running it now. Despite dropping support for deb in upcoming versions, I did notice they added a rooted boot.IMG for deb. However I seem to have lost custom recovery somewhere along the way, so be careful. I'm sure the build that is being worked on here will be worth the wait.

skiman10

Oct 1, 2012
That one got filled up with some drama in regards to deb, though there is a working deb version up and I'm running it now. Despite dropping support for deb in upcoming versions, I did notice they added a rooted boot.IMG for deb. However I seem to have lost custom recovery somewhere along the way, so be careful. I'm sure the build that is being worked on here will be worth the wait.

I have the build done, just doing some stuff to it to make it nice. Runs very nice, no crashes and I don't think any problems. I need to get that save recovery script, and some gapps. Then get a permissive boot.img so you can root it. That's my checklist for right now.

hhairplane

May 4, 2011
I have the build done, just doing some stuff to it to make it nice. Runs very nice, no crashes and I don't think any problems. I need to get that save recovery script, and some gapps. Then get a permissive boot.img so you can root it. That's my checklist for right now.
Let me know if you want one.. The one I have that was created by @darkobas in that thread works...

EDIT: I have attached it.

Attachments

• rooted-boot.img_2.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:

hhairplane

May 4, 2011

It was in the instructions on that thread, hopefully you saw it somewhere along the way, Save.zip is essential due to the way sources are being built. Sorry about the recovery, I lost mine too, due to that zip not getting flashed. So is the Lollipop way, Sweet, but filled with cavities ;)

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Gapps, these work the best so far: http://xdaforums.com/android/software/gapps-google-apps-flashable-package-t2930266

However, Google+ requires separate script, as well other apps.

Permissive boot see attached. Let me know if you need any help.

EDIT: Also, could we open a new thread. It's getting really convoluted here.

skiman10

Oct 1, 2012
It was in the instructions on that thread, hopefully you saw it somewhere along the way, Save.zip is essential due to the way sources are being built. Sorry about the recovery, I lost mine too, due to that zip not getting flashed. So is the Lollipop way, Sweet, but filled with cavities ;)

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Gapps, these work the best so far: http://xdaforums.com/android/software/gapps-google-apps-flashable-package-t2930266

However, Google+ requires separate script, as well other apps.

Permissive boot see attached. Let me know if you need any help.

EDIT: Also, could we open a new thread. It's getting really convoluted here.

Eh Mike told me to just hijack this one, since he is getting ready to port Frank over... I might just open a new thread since I'm hoping to add features and stuff to the rom eventually.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Let me know if you want one.. The one I have that was created by @darkobas in that thread works...

EDIT: I have attached it.

Whoops I just added it straight into the rom. I almost think this will be better. Have a choice to turn off security or not, till syko gets his new method ready.

Reactions: drewski_1

bitstra

Sep 22, 2010
Berlin
Extended PowerMenu L - 3.0.2 for @sykopompos ROM(s) released!

@all,

I've compiled the new version 3.0.2 of 'Extended PowerMenu L'.
(the missing APM for the genius L-Port(s) and future Custom ROM(s) by @sykopompos, @percy_g2, @defconoi, @ben1066 and @zyr3x !)

This app is free and full version for the community at @sykopompos L-Port-team - as always.

+ News/Changes +

+ possibly fixed Long Press Power Button on N5(!)
(N5 users, please report back)

+ 3D Effects on APM and CPU-Monitor-Floating-Window
(Scroll down APM to 'Drive Me Crazy (3D Effects) and toggle it ON/OFF)

+ redesigned L'ish icons
+ a second expandable Notification Toggle Bar
+ redesigned Knock, Knock-Clock
+ ability to disable Notification Toggle Bar
+ ability to choose theme color

+ long press power button to launch APM
Press Power Button for longer than 1 second to skip Android L's built PowerOFF Message. . .

+ Ability, to use Proximity Sensor for powering OFF/ON
(if enabled - cover the Proximity Sensor for 1.5 sec. to power OFF / cover the Proximity Sensor twice in 1.0 sec. to power ON)

+ A GracePeriod for kernel supported DT2W
(after a given amount of minutes DT2W will be deactivated until you unlock the device next time, for longer battery time )

Keep in mind, that DT2W, Proximity Sensor ON/OFF, and Knock-Knock-Clock will consume some more battery. . .)

Download here: ExtendetPowerMenuL_3.0.2.apk

Or have look at EPM's own thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56199572&postcount=1

hhairplane

May 4, 2011
Since @sykopompos is a good friend I'm taking advantage of it.

I need two testers to test SimpleAOSP for DEB. If anyone wants to kindly hit me up on hangouts link is in the signature.

Thanks Everyone :D

Can't wait. Sadly, my Deb died again. :( Back to factory for repair. Wish I could help, hopefully there will be more Lollipop Roms when it comes back :). Hopefully test goes smoothly.

Reactions: sykopompos

Jack'O

Aug 13, 2011
One of many.
Installed frankened_deb-11291212 and setted up a secondary user with restrictions for my kids, allowed all their games but i got an issue with Monument Valley, it is avalaible to play on that user account but not the expansion regularly bought on Play Store.

Anyone can point me on how to play it?

The problem seems to be with G+ which is not achievable from restricted accounts, see attachments.

Thanks, J.O'M.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    l-dev-prev.png

Flashing tips by @ramjet73, this should be read by everyone
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55228784&postcount=12583

This is an enhanced version of the 81c developer preview that google released.
    It has currently been ported for Mako and Deb and improved for Hammerhead and Flo
    It offers a permissive selinux policy, aosp merged in and rock solid stabilty along with drastic improvements in speed and smoothness.
    It offers updated proprietary files, updated google apps, fonts, res files and animations from the newer sdks.

Deb does not have a working mobile radio yet, radio turns on but without access to the settings, we can't configure it. A work around is being worked on

Big thanks to @defconoi , @zyr3x , @percy_g2 , @ben1066 [MENTION=1050103] for improving and originally helping with the old lpv79 port to Mako.
    Right now I rebased the entire project to clean it out and smooth it out

Huge thanks to @ramjet73 @bitstra @manueltts @skiman10 @psycho693 @jayfallen for helping me get it over to the other devices I don't have and testing everything I threw at them and the huge brainstorming and trying things I couldn't. It would have not been possible without these guys so please thank them

Warning. This has heavy ramdisk mods that are essential for it to work. You can flash current up to date "kit Kat kernels or L updaters only" but not full boot.imgs as this will break the ROM. If you do happen to flash a a boot.img, you can pull it out if the rom and fastboot flash boot boot.img

Hammerhead can only use L preview Kernels.

Remember, this is a port of a developer preview, there is already bugs in the official version from google and without the L code, we can not fix google's bugs. There are fixes to known problems in N7 2013 and N5 forums so if you do find them, please provide them with the bug

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    FIRST TIME FLASHING
    1. Put the file onto your Internal Storage
    2. Reboot into Recovery (CWM/TWRP]
    3. "wipe data/factory reset"
    4. "mounts and storage" -> "format system"
    5. "install zip" -> "install zip from sdcard" -> choose the mako-bla-bla-zip and confirm flashing procedure
    6. "reboot into system"
    7. first boot may take up to 10 minutes - be patient

UPDATING
    1. Put the latest L-bla-bla.zip onto your Internal Storage
    2. Reboot into Recovery (CWM/TWRP)
    3. "wipe data/factory reset"
    4. "install zip" -> "install zip from sdcard" -> choose the [filename.zip] and confirm flashing procedure
    5. "reboot into system"

Updater-script wipes the cache files so no need to wipe cache

Sources
    Mako
    GPL KERNEL SOURCE - github.com/Android-L-Porting-Team/android_kernel_mako

Flo, Deb and Hammerhead use the modifed stock preview with the kexec-hardboot patch directly provided by @tassadar to provide multirom support. Flo and Deb use the same kernel.
    Hammerhead - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48508468&postcount=2
    Flo - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45886584&postcount=2

We are using the rebase repos right now since they are cleaned out
    Github https://github.com/Android-L-Porting-Team

slim builds have excess google apps cut out for those on a bandwidth budget or like to pick and choose their google apps from the play store

OT talk is welcomed in my threads and development is done in the open. I encourage involvement in the project in any way.
    Please do not complain about OT, it encourages a fun and relaxed environment

Like the work I did, consider donating. I'm currently not working so it helps feed me

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BPFLE54YPRV92

Yes, my PayPal account is thatguy32404, I like to keep my banking stuff separated from my social account
    Please get us something for Deb soon, we all Deb users have been left out.............

Will be working on it tomorrow. Just got hammerhead done, mako took the longest time and is my main device because that is the only one I have of the devices I support and the farthest away from a supported preview device so I fix a lot of bugs in it without even knowing trying to get it right

Sent from my LG-D851
    Can someone build the master branch for deb and upload the vendor folder? I cannot get it to build on my PC so I'm gonna have to reformat and reinstall my OS. So if someone could do that it'll get this ROM out faster. @sykopompos maybe if you have some time????

Sent from my Nexus 7 LTE using Tapatalk

I won't be home for hours myself so if I remember later tonight I will

Sent from my LG-D851
    I'm getting to deb soon. Getting hammerhead up to date then over to flo, flo and deb go hand and hand so once they go up, you guys do too on the new preview

Sent from my LG-D851
    When will be flashble lpx13d for nexus 7 2013 lte?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Still working on it, my fellow devs and I have a mako so we are solving issues on that first

Sent from my LG-D851