Wifi not turning on? (Joel BAMF 1.0 ICS)

Search This thread

NickTheMajin

Mar 6, 2012
Today I installed the bamf 1.0 ICS rom coming from a senseless rom and everything is good minus the wifi. For some reason I cannot turn it on. If I click it to turn it on it says "Turning wifi on...." but I'll wait for an hour and have it not do anything. It will occasionally say error but it will usually just display turning wifi on and nothing else.

Any remedies?

Edit: Also the bamf settings app isn't working quite well on this. Most of the options work but the bamf settings option under the General tab does nothing for me. It gets highlighted and nothing else happens.Also I'm starting to get crazy amounts of blue flicker while just on the home screen which was why I left the other Rom. I did do a full wipe

Last edited:

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
Today I installed the bamf 1.0 ICS rom coming from a senseless rom and everything is good minus the wifi. For some reason I cannot turn it on. If I click it to turn it on it says "Turning wifi on...." but I'll wait for an hour and have it not do anything. It will occasionally say error but it will usually just display turning wifi on and nothing else.

Any remedies?

Edit: Also the bamf settings app isn't working quite well on this. Most of the options work but the bamf settings option under the General tab does nothing for me. It gets highlighted and nothing else happens.Also I'm starting to get crazy amounts of blue flicker while just on the home screen which was why I left the other Rom. I did do a full wipe

Dumb question , but did you make sure you installed the correct Bamf 1.0 kernel ? Invariably it seems most wifi errors are improper kernel installation or it didn't flash right.

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
I flashed one of the sense ones he had up. New Sense 1.5 I believe.

Bamf 1.0 , is based on the new base correct ? Then the 1.5 new sense I believe is for the old base. I think 1.5 new sense was for 1.0 preview and your on the 1.0 official ?

If your on the 1.0 preview then its the correct kernel ,then I am not sure why it wouldn't be working. If your on the new base , then recheck link and make sure it was the right one.

Just checked his site, he now has them labeled newfirmware people and oldfirmware people. So just verify which base your on and grab the correct kernel.

Last edited:
Reactions: NickTheMajin

NickTheMajin

Mar 6, 2012
Thanks, I flashed the different kernel and it fixed my problem right up. No blue flickering, wifi turned on, and its no longer laggy. I figured new sense was the kernel just because it said new in it.

Do you know why bamf settings don't work? Everything does except for the one area that says "UI enhancements".

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I flashed one of the sense ones he had up. New Sense 1.5 I believe.

Bamf 1.0 , is based on the new base correct ? Then the 1.5 new sense I believe is for the old base. I think 1.5 new sense was for 1.0 preview and your on the 1.0 official ?

If your on the 1.0 preview then its the correct kernel ,then I am not sure why it wouldn't be working. If your on the new base , then recheck link and make sure it was the right one.

Just checked his site, he now has them labeled newfirmware people and oldfirmware people. So just verify which base your on and grab the correct kernel.