[Q] Custom Rom PRL update Questions

Search This thread

sarinhighwind

Jul 9, 2008
Nashville, TN
I used to remember dedicated PRL threads in older forums.
PRL's are not as... Important anymore though it seems. (used to be easier to update too by hand... anyways.)

I'm seeing that there are new PRL's available for my note 2, and i'm getting some odd service issues (and lack of 4g working, but its connecting to it)
And without the ability to use pound codes on custom roms, it can be a bit of a pain.

What is the current PRL that people are using here?
Does anyone have a good trusted download source for it?
(http://prl.digiblur.com/) This is what I found, but it's been so long since I've manually updated PRL's that I dont remember if this was the site to use or not.

http://androidforums.com/transform-ultra-all-things-root/632275-diy-how-change-your-prl.html

Are the instructions given here good to use?
The ones I'm finding here at XDA are saying note 3 and s4/5 and such.

I dont want to deal with a brick, so I'd rather ask the question. Lots of old threads on PRL stuff, but no dedicated PRL thread (that i can find) makes it a bit tough to get up to speed.

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
If you want to update prl manually you will need to run a custom touchwiz rom. You open your dialer and do ##data# then choose view. There will be a prl write option. For this to work you need to copy the prl to the root of your internal sdcard and rename it to test.prl.

I am not on sprint network so I cant really help you find prls. If you want more help just hit me up. I know most of the roms that have prl write enabled so I can point you towards some roms if you want.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sarinhighwind

Jul 9, 2008
Nashville, TN
If you want to update prl manually you will need to run a custom touchwiz rom. You open your dialer and do ##data# then choose view. There will be a prl write option. For this to work you need to copy the prl to the root of your internal sdcard and rename it to test.prl.

I am not on sprint network so I cant really help you find prls. If you want more help just hit me up. I know most of the roms that have prl write enabled so I can point you towards some roms if you want.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hmm. I thought you could flash in a PRL though odin even if your rom didn't support it.

I read so many posts of people flashing to TW stock and updating PRL and loosing connectivity or gps issues after switching back.

These new style roms are really sweet, but the loss of some features like PRL updates gets to be a bit wearing on you.

It's hard to find roms like slimbean as well. Being a minimalist, I am picky about my features. battery life is more important to me than fancy overlays or graphics. (though i miss a lot of S-Pen features)