[Q] Touchless control and active display is not working for CyanogenMod on my moto x

Search This thread

vinay.k10

Jun 16, 2014
Bangalore
Hi guys,

I recently flashed new CyanogenMod 11 on my moto x and I lost active display and touchless control app can anyone tell me how do I get back these two app

Arak-Nafein

Sep 9, 2010
You don't.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only ROMs that have Touchless & Active are stock-based ROMs. So AOKP, AOSP, PA, & CM ROMs do not have these features.

vinay.k10

Jun 16, 2014
Bangalore
I tried using Peekbut not as good as stock AD

You don't.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only ROMs that have Touchless & Active are stock-based ROMs. So AOKP, AOSP, PA, & CM ROMs do not have these features.

I installed peek and it worked but it's not so great as stock. Is there no rom's that support stock Active display and touchless?

alberturer

Nov 5, 2012
I installed peek and it worked but it's not so great as stock. Is there no rom's that support stock Active display and touchless?

That the reason i stay with the stock rom. But just wondering which specific features do you want of CM?, because you can implement nearly all with modules on Xposed Framework, especially with GravityBox.

Reactions: sm4rk0

vinay.k10

Jun 16, 2014
Bangalore
Touchless and active display

That the reason i stay with the stock rom. But just wondering which specific features do you want of CM?, because you can implement nearly all with modules on Xposed Framework, especially with GravityBox.

Ya I have xposed and gravity box which is good but not accurate lik the stock one :/.

I am getting back to stock now having location issue and exchange servers and camera not working well on Cynogenmod 11 :(:rolleyes:

D

Darth

And it will use far more battery, as it won't run off the low voltage core.

seangrimes590

Mar 2, 2014
Philadelphia
If you just want to flash ROMs but keep Moto features you should check out Eclipse or Krypton. Also checkout Faux kernel (not a rom but still modding fun and great battery life boost got me). AOSP implementation of active display is pretty awful compared to native active display, in my opinion.

vinay.k10

Jun 16, 2014
Bangalore
Will v give that a try. Right now I'm in PAC ROM and so far it's good but still as you said native active display is the best

Sent from my unknown using XDA Free mobile app

seangrimes590

Mar 2, 2014
Philadelphia
Will v give that a try. Right now I'm in PAC ROM and so far it's good but still as you said native active display is the best

Sent from my unknown using XDA Free mobile app

I tried using PAC for a few days. The battery drain for me was terrible. Every time I pulled my phone out of my pocket the screen was on. I think I screwed up by having active display and their notification screen enabled. Additionally, the 'blame the split screen' crashes were amusing the first few times but quickly became infuriating.

I'm currently trying out slimrom on my moto x. It doesn't have active display, but it's probably the smoothest rom I've used on the phone. I'm using an app from the Play Store, DynamicNotifications, which is a better option, imo, verse the built in AOSP version (which I believe is based on AcDisplay, but I could be completely wrong about that).

I'm going to give slim a try for a few days, but I don't think anything will work as well Eclipse.

If you're set on an AOSP rom, give slim a chance. If you want a feature packed AOSP rom, check out LiquidSmooth (http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/development/rom-liquidsmooth-v3-1-moto-x-ghost-t2781356). I think LS has the same features or almost the same features as PAC, but it didn't crash nearly as much on my device. I actually made it a full week before switching back to Eclipse.

vinay.k10

Jun 16, 2014
Bangalore
I will try LS this time

I tried using PAC for a few days. The battery drain for me was terrible. Every time I pulled my phone out of my pocket the screen was on. I think I screwed up by having active display and their notification screen enabled. Additionally, the 'blame the split screen' crashes were amusing the first few times but quickly became infuriating.

I'm currently trying out slimrom on my moto x. It doesn't have active display, but it's probably the smoothest rom I've used on the phone. I'm using an app from the Play Store, DynamicNotifications, which is a better option, imo, verse the built in AOSP version (which I believe is based on AcDisplay, but I could be completely wrong about that).

I'm going to give slim a try for a few days, but I don't think anything will work as well Eclipse.

If you're set on an AOSP rom, give slim a chance. If you want a feature packed AOSP rom, check out LiquidSmooth (http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/development/rom-liquidsmooth-v3-1-moto-x-ghost-t2781356). I think LS has the same features or almost the same features as PAC, but it didn't crash nearly as much on my device. I actually made it a full week before switching back to Eclipse.

I am still facing blame on split screen error :/ and battery drain fast as i see from past 2 days and the boot is very slow compared to other roms I have used so far

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you just want to flash ROMs but keep Moto features you should check out Eclipse or Krypton. Also checkout Faux kernel (not a rom but still modding fun and great battery life boost got me). AOSP implementation of active display is pretty awful compared to native active display, in my opinion.