[ROM][04-august-12][PEN/WIFI/3G][ICS/403] ICSSense OneXXL 1.6(penfix v3)

Search This thread

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
I looked at that as well but I think that is on an ASOPish type build. I am not sure we could do that here as the sense launcher, settings, system ui do not like the LCD density pushed too far. I can certainly be wrong here
I got the navigation bar enabled for 160dpi use with the systemui used, so i might be able to get it shown in 240dpi as well, ill check it.
(systemui at 160dpi was to make a stock edition, but dropped, since a good one is on its way now)

Netflix does not work. :(
definately a problem, i havent had a chance to verify, but i use and got netflix running on other my other devices, so thats something i need to fix :D
but yes, all the rest helps alot, when i get my daily youtube fix i'm happy.

edit: sadly the problem with netflix seems worse than i originally thought, it crashes on calls to framework. somehow i believe this is the case on other htc One mobiles? maybe we can find out?

Last edited:

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
I got the navigation bar enabled for 160dpi use with the systemui used, so i might be able to get it shown in 240dpi as well, ill check it.
(systemui at 160dpi was to make a stock edition, but dropped, since a good one is on its way now)

QUOTE]

Nice. The mode also did some things with DPI bringing it to like 190 and a modded version of Apex launchaer which went into tablet form on the nexus without it having a density of 160.

lawguy

Nov 2, 2011
Getting Tablet UI to work would be awesome. It is the only thing keeping me from using this ROM.

mhkabir98

Jan 28, 2012
Kolkata
www.instructables.com
DPI Mods Collection

A Nexus ROM thread says somewhere that per-app dpi was working. i.e perhaps we could use 160 for everything except the Sense stuff.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1619582

I'll help in doing the same if dexter can upload the systemUI.apk on which the on screen buttons are coming on 160 density in this ROM. ********* hint-hint **********

I have also seen a Galaxy Note Rom with Tablet UI at all DPI's.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1581065

Excellent mod, but doubtful due to the sense framework:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1588450

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:
Reactions: aviatorboy

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Maybe this will help Dexter get the camera working! :)
]
i think its a 2.6.39 kernel release? so the problem would be alot of other functions would ned to be updated as well.
i am really not that hardcore , i can adapt kernel stuff, but major changes i stay away from. and yes, i know it will limit this rom functionality because of that.

ill check it, but im sure its a much newer kernel update.

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
A Nexus ROM thread says somewhere that per-app dpi was working. i.e perhaps we could use 160 for everything except the Sense stuff.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1619582

I'll help in doing the same if dexter can upload the systemUI.apk on which the on screen buttons are coming on 160 density in this ROM. ********* hint-hint **********

i got a Shooter sense 3.6 rom that got stock160dpi support, found a problem with selecting keyboard (160 sense dpi issue). what is working is what works in this rom.
at least it have not got the strange display issue, and i can fix the rotation in the framework.
anyways maybe worth adding to this thread at the top, since it both ports with almost identical files, except framework+app
(it has 4G/LTE support, but i got no LTE here)

huemedia

Mar 14, 2007
Vancouver
If the shooter ROM displays navigation bar at 160 then definitely release it as that is what I'm after!

I will also make an attempt to de-sense it as I know there are number of people who are looking for that.

Thanks Dexter!

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
v1.5 is uploaded

I have fixed most audio problems and framework.jar changes i changed is corrected.

so its more stable now regarding audio, but .ogg files still do not play (audio settings cannot play any tunes)

but video + audio plays fine in youtube + other mediaplayer apps.

still needs confirmation on Bluetooth audio, if it still works.

Last edited:
Reactions: lekhwani

dictionary

Dec 3, 2009
I have fixed most audio problems and framework.jar changes i changed is corrected.

so its more stable now regarding audio, but .ogg files still do not play (audio settings cannot play any tunes)

but video + audio plays fine in youtube + other mediaplayer apps.

still needs confirmation on Bluetooth audio, if it still works.

Will you be releasing the 160dpi rom as well today?

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk 2

glgehman

Jan 28, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I looked at that as well but I think that is on an ASOPish type build. I am not sure we could do that here as the sense launcher, settings, system ui do not like the LCD density pushed too far. I can certainly be wrong here

Most tablet folk like to use lower dpi settings, not higher. 160 is standard for honeycomb and ics. Settings of 132 and 120 give a much bigger workspace (smaller icons). But stock aosp launchers - and certainly Sense launchers - tend to just ignore anything but 160. That's what I observe on my Asus Transformer, HP Touchpad and Nook Color (and Flyer on Honeycomb).

If I switch to something like ADW laincher EX, even on my EVO 3D, I can get any screen density and landscape orientation.

glg

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

dictionary

Dec 3, 2009
build is gone / not working. i am probably not gonna try and fix it. so i deleted what was on the tablet as latest edition and reinstalled when i got tired of it :(

Shucks okay lol. I really want the lower status bar like on ics and honeycomb tablets. Otherwise this rom rocks!
Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk 2

mhkabir98

Jan 28, 2012
Kolkata
www.instructables.com
build is gone / not working. i am probably not gonna try and fix it. so i deleted what was on the tablet as latest edition and reinstalled when i got tired of it :(

Sad news! Still waiting for your the upload of the shooter Rom. Even if it isn't ready for public release could you please upload it so that we.can mess about with it.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA Premium HD app

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Sad news! Still waiting for your the upload of the shooter Rom. Even if it isn't ready for public release could you please upload it so that we.can mess about with it.
you have been served.

see post #1 (toyrom)

if its interesting enough, i can create a separate thread on this shooter port, but not sure how much i will put into it. ?
let me know if there is enough to build a new topic on here. i would actually expect VIEW users to be more interested as it has 4G/LTE support? sadly i am no VIEW rom builder, i am still not 100% on the change,except the rotation is just 90 in build.prop :)

Last edited:
Reactions: teorouge

Pfeffernuss

Jun 30, 2009
Wassenaar
XXL 1.5 doesn't let me continue after displaying the themes.title screen. It locks up there... Tried redownloading the zip, same thing :( Shooter version does work.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Mod is based on HTC One V edition(1.56.401.1) release with some OneX updates.
    It also includes Beats audio features .
    flyerdexteronexxlg.png

ISSUES (as this is a port and not a developed rom)
    - no camera
    - when connecting to pc, use the included app, USB mass storage to enable share.
    old solution is removed since apps could not see sdcard anymore.
    media scanner might be unable to scan now.
    - gallery shows video's but cannot play them
    ---- use a media player from market to see video
    - if you are 1. time installer, remember to create /mnt/sdcard/ext_sd on your internal storage sdcard. so the external is mounted correctly.

Download latest OneXXL here

KERNEL USED IS LeeDroid ROM EDITION, his kernel source is linked is his thread, only ramdisk changes here link to kernel

CHANGELOG
    v1.6-penfix-v3

- updated pen driver, and fixed some pinch2zoom/multitouch issue
    v1.6-penfix-v2

- and it now acts as a active pen
    - will remove htc pen tools, since those are not sense4 compatible
    v1.6-penfix

- now with pen supported
    v1.6

- reverted back to v1.3 and added updates
    - rotationfix + bluetooth + beats audio changes
    - added Advanced power menu (creds to: back to futurerreal v11/desirehd)
    - installer not updated (says 1.5)
    v1.5b

- ultra small mp3 playback audio fix. had enabled some audio feature in build.prop causing audio issues.
    v1.5a

- Bluetooth stability fixes , reconnect and scanning much better now.
    (re-authenticating headset might happen at reconnect after reboot, it seems, but reconnect ok)
    v1.5

- Primarily audio fixes +beats audio (ogg files still an issue)
    - stability + faster first time bootup
    v1.4

- Added Youtube/video playback support
    --- use a mediaplayer from Market to play videos.
    - Modded framework.jar to support media libs/shooter
    - Modded services.jar for proper rotation of display.
    - Using old wpa_supplicant again.(works but is slow)
    - Disabled landscape softbutton for ease of use.
    - /mnt/sdcard2 is used again, so androidOS can detect card and memory free.
    (still forgot to remove unused apps, sorry)
    v1.3

- Using Aroma Installer (no touch, only button to move/select with)
    - Modded services.jar and PCSC.apk for USB Mount
    - updated external sd share to be at /mnt/sdcard/ext_sd
    - Replaced wpa_supplicant with original flyer for speed.
    - more apps resized (MoonNah)
    - Modded HTCListen.apk for Beats, Dolby, and SRS Sound.
    - Lockscreen sim message removal, option in Aroma installer.
    v1.2

- Bluetooth now working (only tested with filetransfer + mouse)
    - keyboard resized to fit flyer design (MoonNah)
    - launcher + widgets resizing (MoonNah)
    - phone function now enabled again, foolish to disable it originally (ro.phone.function=1)
    v1.1

- added lockscreen and gallery changes (thanks to iamchucky)
    - removed crc checking on apps (thanks to coolexe for the hint on solution)
    - Recentappslist LongPressMENU button function activated (iamchucky)
    v1.00
    - Initial release
    - some apps changes to support 1024x600
    - charging / usb detection semi support
    - runs portrait only for sense4.0 launcher but landscape is supported for apps
    - beats audio supported
    - gps/rotatation/g-sensor is working
    - wifi works, but no wifi hotspot support
    - led indicator (pen indicator) when tablet is charging or usb connected.
    - hibernate function works but will disable lights in hardware leds in portrait mode (hold power 3 seconds to completely shutdown)

Thanks to:
    LeeDroid for the kernel compile and release on flyer
    the Virtouus team for all the good releases and making life much easier on porting :)
    coolexe and iamchucky for the help on improving this rom.
    MoonNah for all the resizing of graphics on this rom.
    GODZSON for the theme mod logo.

I do not say this is perfect in any way, and thinking of this flyer as a tablet with pen writing capability, this ics rom is not designed for such functions and not included at all. Test it and see what you think. If you can contribute with changes please do and share with the community to get us a better ics rom for Flyer devices.
    I used it for days now and it is stable as is, but still with youtube and other media playback not working.

If you ever thought about getting one of the new One phones, this gives you a pretty good idea on how it would work, and you get the dropbox bonux i think as well here.

If you like it press "THANKS"
    Actual screenshots representing the ROM as of v1.0.
    btw here is screenshot
    if all goes well, and i find some time, i am hoping to receive a new flyer in some days, which i can experiment on.

so all hopes are not gone from my point of view, but lets see if the guy sending was going to send one or not.
    Fix Music

Fixed displaying of player in portrait mode (the first image before correct, second after)
    Fix Calendar

Fixed displaying of calendar in portrait and landscape mode (the first and second image before correct, third and fourth after)