[ROM][4.0.4][CM9 Hybrid] PARANOIDANDROID RLS 2 [Update June 28]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

downset00

Sep 11, 2010
Waynesboro
Just noticed that after rebooting a third time, settings all go back to normal CM9 settings (system dpi, etc). Settings are still set to tablet though. Did fix permissions before last reboot, could that have done it?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

downset00

Sep 11, 2010
Waynesboro
Was able to get lockscreen back to tablet size dpi, nothing else changed though, what should the settings all be in paranoid Android?

axv91

Dec 7, 2007
Just noticed that after rebooting a third time, settings all go back to normal CM9 settings (system dpi, etc). Settings are still set to tablet though. Did fix permissions before last reboot, could that have done it?

I noticed this too. Also when I set individual apps to Tablet UI/DPI nothing happens even after rebooting.

A very minor problem for me though, I'm still loving this ROM. Thank you PureMotive!

Hero

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 15, 2010
Hidden Hills
I just fixed tablet mode so everything appears in the right place and doesn't appear ridiculously small. Uploading the update for you all. The FC in About Phone under Settings is not yet fixed, but being worked on.

Just so you guys are aware, I'll be updating this port with the unofficial CM9 nightlies as well as the PA releases. This means that if there is a significant update to the CM9 nightlies I will rebase the ROM so that it is current. If there is also an update to PA then I will incorporate those fixes AND rebase the ROM to the CM9 nightly.

Last edited:

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
My new hero, the new status bar is amazing.
Also I ran into one issue..
475d8abb-3317-57d4.jpg

I did set dpi to normal on that app but it still shows my folders and various stuff above the title bar.

Hero

Oct 15, 2010
Hidden Hills
My new hero, the new status bar is amazing.
Also I ran into one issue..

I did set dpi to normal on that app but it still shows my folders and various stuff above the title bar.

That error is most likely due to the fact that the normal dpi as defined by the build.prop is set below 240. So when you are setting the dpi to normal, it's not really doing anything - it's just using the default value.

Set a custom dpi by going to Settings -> Paranoid Settings -> User default DPI -> *set it to 240*

Then go to your app and set "Default DPI" to "Custom DPI"

Let me know if it works.

hakarune

Dec 19, 2009
Vancouver
i know this is still pretty for us on the dinc, but is anything broke? Or is everything working? Camera, video, phone calls, etc... Are there any random reboots when charging or making calls? and how's the battery life?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Hero

Oct 15, 2010
Hidden Hills
i know this is still pretty for us on the dinc, but is anything broke? Or is everything working? Camera, video, phone calls, etc... Are there any random reboots when charging or making calls? and how's the battery life?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Panorama and the camcorder don't work. There's also a force close when trying to access "About Phone" and "Storage" in Settings, but that's about it. If you include the soft keys not lighting up then that's another, but you have access to onscreen buttons which solve that problem. I have yet to experience random reboots and the battery life is pretty decent. After downloading three apps, and rebooting twice (to switch to phone mode and then back to tablet mode), and manually updating weather once (GPS on), I'm at 84% - HWA is on.

Last edited:

kevman8396

Apr 27, 2011
Tablet Mode

I like the optimized tablet mode but was wondering if there is any way to keep the status bar at the top of the phone screen like normal. I don't really care for it being at the bottom of the screen. Thanks in advance.

Hero

Oct 15, 2010
Hidden Hills
I like the optimized tablet mode but was wondering if there is any way to keep the status bar at the top of the phone screen like normal. I don't really care for it being at the bottom of the screen. Thanks in advance.

Off the top of my head, I'd say just switch to phone mode (optimized). It will move the status bar to the top of the screen and some of the other features will continue to have that "tablet mode feel."

Reactions: jioleight

jioleight

Feb 18, 2011
CEBU CITY
pure! where can i find the tablet style status bar?

*never mind, i got it after installing RLS2! thanks!!

Last edited:

7he Messiah

Dec 2, 2010
I am getting the following error when attempting to launch Chrome on this ROM. At first I figured it might be because I still had the phone version installed from the Market (I did a flash-over with a Dalvik wipe), so I uninstalled and re-installed. Now I have the tablet-style chrome (complete with desktop-like tabs), but it only stays open for a few seconds, then just closes itself.

Also, I have tried a few of the app-specific settings in the Paranoid menu, but always get the same result.

Has anyone managed to make Chrome work, and if so, how?

Code:
I/ActivityManager(  158): START {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10000000 pkg=com.android.chrome cmp=com.android.chrome/com.google.android.apps.chrome.Main bnds=[384,658][480,751]} from pid 3117
I/ActivityManager(  158): Start proc com.android.chrome for activity com.android.chrome/com.google.android.apps.chrome.Main: pid=4296 uid=10006 gids={3003,1015}
I/ActivityThread( 4296): Pub com.android.chrome.snapshot: com.google.android.apps.chrome.snapshot.SnapshotProvider
I/ActivityThread( 4296): Pub com.android.chrome.ChromeBrowserProvider;com.android.chrome.browser;com.android.chrome:com.google.android.apps.chrome.ChromeBrowserProvider
I/DEBUG   ( 3776): pid: 4296, tid: 4296  >>> com.android.chrome <<<
I/ActivityManager(  158): Process com.android.chrome (pid 4296) has died.
W/ActivityManager(  158): Force removing ActivityRecord{40f27e48 com.android.chrome/com.google.android.apps.chrome.Main}: app died, no saved state

axv91

Dec 7, 2007
Panorama and the camcorder don't work. There's also a force close when trying to access "About Phone" and "Storage" in Settings, but that's about it. If you include the soft keys not lighting up then that's another, but you have access to onscreen buttons which solve that problem. I have yet to experience random reboots and the battery life is pretty decent. After downloading three apps, and rebooting twice (to switch to phone mode and then back to tablet mode), and manually updating weather once (GPS on), I'm at 84% - HWA is on.

'Tis true. The ROM is pretty stable. I have no random reboots so far even with heavy multi-tasking. Battery life is great. After 10 hours of the phone in standby mode, the battery went down to only 4-5%.

I am getting the following error when attempting to launch Chrome on this ROM. At first I figured it might be because I still had the phone version installed from the Market (I did a flash-over with a Dalvik wipe), so I uninstalled and re-installed. Now I have the tablet-style chrome (complete with desktop-like tabs), but it only stays open for a few seconds, then just closes itself.

Also, I have tried a few of the app-specific settings in the Paranoid menu, but always get the same result.

Has anyone managed to make Chrome work, and if so, how?

Code:
I/ActivityManager(  158): START {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10000000 pkg=com.android.chrome cmp=com.android.chrome/com.google.android.apps.chrome.Main bnds=[384,658][480,751]} from pid 3117
I/ActivityManager(  158): Start proc com.android.chrome for activity com.android.chrome/com.google.android.apps.chrome.Main: pid=4296 uid=10006 gids={3003,1015}
I/ActivityThread( 4296): Pub com.android.chrome.snapshot: com.google.android.apps.chrome.snapshot.SnapshotProvider
I/ActivityThread( 4296): Pub com.android.chrome.ChromeBrowserProvider;com.android.chrome.browser;com.android.chrome:com.google.android.apps.chrome.ChromeBrowserProvider
I/DEBUG   ( 3776): pid: 4296, tid: 4296  >>> com.android.chrome <<<
I/ActivityManager(  158): Process com.android.chrome (pid 4296) has died.
W/ActivityManager(  158): Force removing ActivityRecord{40f27e48 com.android.chrome/com.google.android.apps.chrome.Main}: app died, no saved state

I am also having issues with Chrome. It closes right after I open the app.

axv91

Dec 7, 2007
I just noticed that the icons at the screen when someone is calling you, is messed up. It shows the navigation icon instead of accept/reject call.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    paranoid.png

Wanna be up to date with ParanoidAndroid project news?, click here, and visit the ParanoidAndroid team's webpage!

paranoid_impressions.png

s2_1b99oa.png

s2_2xvy8l.png

s2_4mka7v.png

s2_5degqo.png

s2_313yl0.png

s2_664yu7.png

paranoid_notab.png
    This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone. I know you've seen tablet mode roms before, they change two lines in your build.prop file which you could easily edit yourself in seconds and maybe throw a keyboard in there to make it work better. It's a start, but this ain't enough. This thing has potential, but it is wasted the moment you try to stuff a full blown tablet into your poor phone. Yet we all know our high res phones can very well handle more than silly 1-column layouts. So the magic must be in between somewhere, a place that Google must have overlooked and left blank. Yes, this rom strives to drop your device into tablet mode, but it won't stop there, it will reshape and redefine ICS to make it all a usefull addition and not just a cute novelty. we're calling it: Hybrid Mode, best of both worlds.

paranoid_instructions.png

• Install ROM:
    • Install HYBRID Gapps: http://d-h.st/HLn
    • Wipe caches, factory reset is a must if you're coming from another rom than CM9
    • CWM -> Advanced -> Fix Permissions (VERY IMPORTANT STEP)**

paranoid_hints.png

• FAQ & Help - Read before asking!
    • Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
    • Launcher Settings: margins: SMALL (If youre using Apex / Nova), show permanent searchbar: YES, Grid: 5x4, resize all widgets: YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF

paranoid_trouble.png

• If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
    • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
    • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
    • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
    • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
    • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
    • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

paranoid_credits.png

• The ParanoidAndroid Team - For ParanoidAndroid :D
    • Cyanogenmod - For everything they do
    • PureMotive - DInc porter and maintainer
    Trying it out now as we speak and it seems very fast. How long does it stay in tablet mode? I kind of like Tablet mode but would be nice if the lettering and such were normal size but in tablet mode

The phone stays in tablet mode for as long as you want it to. You can change the font size to your preference. Personally, I like tablet mode (small).

Maybe this will work Pure? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23275045

Hmm that's pretty interesting. I'll look into it and maybe add it as a feature in a future release.

***BTW Me and Albinoman are working on porting Jelly Bean right now ;)
    I just fixed tablet mode so everything appears in the right place and doesn't appear ridiculously small. Uploading the update for you all. The FC in About Phone under Settings is not yet fixed, but being worked on.

Just so you guys are aware, I'll be updating this port with the unofficial CM9 nightlies as well as the PA releases. This means that if there is a significant update to the CM9 nightlies I will rebase the ROM so that it is current. If there is also an update to PA then I will incorporate those fixes AND rebase the ROM to the CM9 nightly.
    paranoid_changelog.png

RLS 2
    • Fixed tablet mode

v1.5 / RLS 1 - My edits are in RED
    • Built from source - 25/6/2012 - 11:3:12
    • Removed AROMA installer, now using CM kernel, you can install any AOSP kernel
    • Improvements on OTA app, scheduled checkups
    • Improvements on Backup app, now it automatically launches on startup after you install a newer (or older) version
    • Hybrid speedup, less lag, considerably faster list scrolling when pad/pal is in action
    • Keyboard scaling, an androids first
    • PAD/PAL bugfixes for apps that still crop images in lower DPIs
    • Settings revamp, speed preferences to switch between modes without having to set up anything, less clutter
    • Trebuchet extras: 3x4 widgets, speed dial menu button, ... and some weird rocket button which im sure will be very useful to most of you
    • Pad.prop revamp, new preferences that should pretty much nail it. I'm sorry but this trashes your old settings again, do not attempt to restore them unless you do it in a text editor
    • Removed soft rendering
    • Fixed calls
    • Booted for the Inc
    I was going to work on porting this to the Inc this weekend....looks like you beat me to it lol

Let me know if you need any help.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2