The free flipcover/tectiles are shipping! +1 extra tectile!

Search This thread

ffolkes

Oct 18, 2006
New Jersey
Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but my free flipcover and tec-tiles came today.

NOTE: You can erase and reprogram the demo tectile! If you're thrifty like me, you can peel it off (or cut it out of the cardboard) and boom, you've got yourself a 6th free tectile!

Took some pictures for those interested.

samsungcarepackage1.jpg

samsungcarepackage3.jpg

samsungcarepackage4.jpg

Last edited:

jmbburg26

Jun 23, 2010
Warren
That's awesome. I can't wait to get mine. Is that red or is it the orange? I got the orange one and think it looks sweet.

Rockin' the Sprint Note 2

Gahh Its Lee

Oct 2, 2010
I cannot wait to get my orange im hoping any day now. I already have 2 of these and I love the flips.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

joejdsn

Nov 18, 2008
I was forced to take a pink as that was the only choice by the time I'd signed up.
Boo... but free is free. :) Btw, I'm still not sure how to use the tectiles though.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

ffolkes

Oct 18, 2006
New Jersey
I was forced to take a pink as that was the only choice by the time I'd signed up.
Boo... but free is free. :) Btw, I'm still not sure how to use the tectiles though.

I don't have much experience, but it's super easy so far. The cardboard insert contains a fully functional tectile on it. Turn on NFC in Settings, then just tap the back of your phone to it, and it'll link you to the Samsung Tectile app in the Play store.

You can then erase and reprogram the demo tectile - if you're thrifty like me, you can peel it off (or cut it out of the cardboard) and boom, you've got yourself a 6th free tectile!

Gahh Its Lee

Oct 2, 2010
I don't have much experience, but it's super easy so far. The cardboard insert contains a fully functional tectile on it. Turn on NFC in Settings, then just tap the back of your phone to it, and it'll link you to the Samsung Tectile app in the Play store.

You can then erase and reprogram the demo tectile - if you're thrifty like me, you can peel it off (or cut it out of the cardboard) and boom, you've got yourself a 6th free tectile!

Whats the storage on these?

Jim Wilde

Jan 22, 2010
If its free....its worth nothing...literally....those covers are awful....no challenge to my Otterbox Defender....at least my phone is properly protected. Those flimsy covers offer no protection at all.....but hey...its free! :)

Gahh Its Lee

Oct 2, 2010
TecTiles are Type A Mifare Classic 1k (1024 bytes) which is a nice size.

------

Size isn't really an issue if you use tasker in conjunction with NFC task launcher. The TecTiles app isn't bad if you only need simple tags.

My issue is I just dont understand tasker I can never get it to do a single thing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but my free flipcover and tec-tiles came today.

NOTE: You can erase and reprogram the demo tectile! If you're thrifty like me, you can peel it off (or cut it out of the cardboard) and boom, you've got yourself a 6th free tectile!

Took some pictures for those interested.

samsungcarepackage1.jpg

samsungcarepackage3.jpg

samsungcarepackage4.jpg
    One thing about the case is the flip cover gets in the at times. Overall its a great look. It should have been stock.

You accidently a word.

I have no intentions of keeping the case I ordered so if anyone who didn't get to take advantage of the deal wants an orange one deeply discounted, please Pm me.

I also have a green one on the way. I already have 5 case for my note 2, no need to hoard :D

epebanyn.jpg
    If its free....its worth nothing...literally....those covers are awful....no challenge to my Otterbox Defender....at least my phone is properly protected. Those flimsy covers offer no protection at all.....but hey...its free! :)

Well that's cool for you and all, but they're actually $30 and pretty popular. You don't need to rain on everyone else's parade just because you prefer something different.

I don't like screen protectors, whether they be stick-on or built in like on the Otterbox. I like the feel of touching the natural screen. The flip case allows for that, while still giving the screen some protection from scratches. It leaves me confident enough to throw my phone in a bag, or put it in my pocket with other objects, or put it face down on an abrasive surface, without worrying about scratches. And it adds some flair and color. Paired up with the official Samsung case, it actually offers pretty good overall protection. And I can still just flip the case away and interact with my phone without a screen protector.

Different strokes for different folks.
    Hmm .... I prefer they send me my preference :p