Gaming performance drop after 4.4 update...note 3 n900

Search This thread

gidzdlcrz

Jan 31, 2014
True indeed. This is why i want to downgrade back to 4.3 jellybean, The Room 1 its been lagging hell with Kitkat. So sad even the brightest devs out there doesnt know how to revert back to JB after upgrading to kitkat.

Im willing to pay samsung service center to downgrade my device back to 4.3

Arya335

Feb 2, 2014
Ohh.........maby I have to wait for new update..maby they fix thid problem

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

karanclassy

Aug 13, 2011
Mine is also 4 months old.. Same problem with shadowgun deadzone.. So it's the problem with 4.4.2..

Arya335

Feb 2, 2014
Yah! So why samsung didn't fix it.....

Arya335

Feb 2, 2014

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394176167968.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394176167968.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 224
  • uploadfromtaptalk1394176239582.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394176239582.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 243

Arya335

Feb 2, 2014
Hmm....the samsung update fix lag problem but....there is some lag after 8min..and I haven't seen screen split problem....thats good..I am happy with update but there is some lag hope samsung will fix it

Arya335

Feb 2, 2014
Hmm..I dont want to root it....and the new framework for 4.4 didnt fix this problem....and now its lag after 10 min and my phone heats...and it become very hot and yes split screen problem is fixed but not the gaming problem

djbigbear

Dec 21, 2013
i've never had any problem with my kitkat...
but then again i've used TR-Rom..

it might be a good idea to try it, rather than having heavily under performing device.

opendeforum

Sep 7, 2009
Yes mine too, exactly the same problem with asphalt 8 . first race play butterly smooth then at second race lag start then about 5 minutes screen split to lot of parts, turn the power off, fix the screen split but not the lag.

Exit the game clear memory with ram manager fix it, start the game and it will start the bug again.

My device is exynos rooted, try every rom at the exynos android development, nothing fixed it. The lite room makes the lag even more.

Please help, somebody with solution.. looks like note 3 users with 4.4 should try asphalt 8 or other heavy graphic games, and share your experience

Thank you :highfive:

Arya335

Feb 2, 2014
Everyone gets this problem but why samsung didnt want to fix it!!!!!!!!

darkshaft

Jul 21, 2013
perhaps you need to do full wipe but backup first, or perhaps the game is incompatible with kitkat yet, try to contact Samsung customer service if problem is not fixed after full wipe.

Arya335

Feb 2, 2014
I already try to contact to samsung! But they didnt answer my questions!

cetindk

Nov 27, 2011
Istanbul
I already try to contact to samsung! But they didnt answer my questions!

I'm also having the same issues. Not rooted Exynos Note 3, just 5 months old phone and its lagging in HD games such as Assassin's Creed Pirates and Asphalt 8. Its such a huge dissapointment as I bought this phone to play HD games.
I also had that screen glitch in Asphalt 8. Try turning off one handed operation and download the app called "Faster Android Booster" from the play store. These 2 things did make a difference in my gaming but the lagging is still there and I'm thinking rooting is the best option to just get rid of the game lags.
I'll be searching a solution without root, tell me if you find anything ;)

waqardaman

Apr 12, 2014
High, i'm experiencing this problem as well after updating to 4.4.2 on my note 3. Asphalt 8 lags after a few minutes of playing. but this seems to be the only problem in 4.4.2 for me. i played mc4 aswell but i think it was the same before. But the rest of my experience with kitkat was amazing. i mean common, the UI is quit faster than before. Is this problem related to asphalt 8 or note 3's update? should i revert back? Please tell me a way to revert back to 4.3. cuz i read somewhere that the new boot loader won't allow that. please tell me or give a link to a tut about how i can revert to 4.3 (is it possible with odin?? because i updated to 4.4.2 with odin. the OTA was not available in my country).

waqardaman

Apr 12, 2014
Only N9000 users complaining of this problem??

Yeah. the problem only exist with the exynos version. my mom has the N9005 snapdragon version, in which asphalt 8 runs perfectly fine. i played on it for hours and not a single performance drop. infact it got the update from OTA. i had to manually install 4.4.2 on my Exynos via odin. help. also, please link me to some post on how to revert back to 4.3. very disappointed.

Reactions: darkshaft

Er. Aditya

Feb 28, 2014
BraveFort
Yeah. the problem only exist with the exynos version. my mom has the N9005 snapdragon version, in which asphalt 8 runs perfectly fine. i played on it for hours and not a single performance drop. infact it got the update from OTA. i had to manually install 4.4.2 on my Exynos via odin. help. also, please link me to some post on how to revert back to 4.3. very disappointed.

once you update to kitkat theres no turning back and for.once you can try a custom rom.to check if the problem still remains

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So my games lag after 4.4.2 update like mc4 and asphalt 8....and asphalt 8 lag is extreme high..its starts after 5 min..first when I open this game its liquid smooth but after 5 min many things happened like split screen..screen divided into 2 parts phone heat up extremely high..and when this thing happens I just lock the screen wait for 20 sec.and my phone starts cooling..and then I open it and play game and its again play liquid smooth and again after 5 min. Its starts lag how to fix is I asked this same questions they haven't answered...I ask to gameloft They said clean your browser cookies I clean it but my games still lag...and I am not alone...this stuff happens to more people

Link
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2633895

So help me.......

And here is screen glitch
    Only N9000 users complaining of this problem??

Oh man, custom roms are awesome but I'm too lazy to root and flash roms etc :D
    Do you reccommend the ROM is everything working OK, any force closes, lags in games etc?

Hhhhh, for me the ROM is working more than fine! You should try :)
    No lags, no FC...
    Oh my GOD! Man you are a genious! I never heard about that Samsungs DVFS before until you mentioned it in your post. I looked it up and thought "yeah that thing needs to go away!"
    So I just rooted my phone, installed wanam Xposed and Samsung DVFS Disabler and voila!
    No lags in any game, I can even play Spider Man 2 on max graphic settings without any issue! It was barely working on low setting before OH MY GOD!
    Before, San Andreas started lagging after playing 10 minutes, now its always smooth, and now I can play all my games with my sixaxis!

An all those customization options in Xposed oh my god i'm just so excited right now :D
    Thanks for showing me the right way man, root is the best thing that can happen to any Android device.

Quick question: What do you use to back up before flashing another ROM? I have been using an HTC device before and 4ext was the way to backup, but I'm new to Samsung scene and I don't think 4ext is compatible with this phone :D

I'm glad to hear that it has worked for you! after disabling DVFS, does your phone gets hot/warm while playing high graphic games?

I'm using 3 ways to backup everything:
    1. TWRP Recovery. There's an optin for backing up everything there.
    2. My Backup Pro app from the Play Store. It's reliable and safe.
    3. Titanium Backup. It's AMAZING or restoring apps and system data, and dows amaing job for restoring market links and etc...

I found those, for me, are the best ways to backup everything on my phone.
    If you need anything else. I'll be glad to help :)