[ROM][Unofficial][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Droid Incredible [6/04/12]

Search This thread

ChuckFarley

Jun 25, 2010
I've been running the fixed a5 for a few hours now, Flashover with test 7, and everything seems good.

Is there a change log?

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA

ugzz

Nov 10, 2011
Is there a change log?

indeed, im also wondering what alls updated and if there are any fixes. im having such good luck with a4 if 5 is all just minor back end stuff i might just stick where im at.

and i have the seido 3500mah batt so i don't really care about the batt issues reported. although i can vouch that its less, with my last rom i could go a good 3.5 days, getting just a couple days on this one.

and for the record this build is way beyond pre-alpha, cause it rocks ;)

Lemonslike

Jan 2, 2012
Also wondering if its a worthy upgrade, having great luck with a4 with the incredikernel test 7. Is there a change log? Thanks for the work on this, its much appreciated.

omniatic

Oct 15, 2009
Milwaukee
Which gapps are recommended? I've been using the ics 20120317, but I also see ics 20120422. Tried a flashover of a5 with the newer ones last night, and it hung on the splash screen till I pulled the battery. Plan to do a fresh install later, and I'm curious as to which gapps I should be using.
Thanks

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

kentoe

Mar 17, 2010
Just to update on using this rom with development.

Currently the /defaults.prop file has ro.secure=1 when it should equal 0 but we can't change it since that file gets loaded from the ramdisk every boot up.

However, I changed the permissions on /data/local/bin & /data/local to 777 and it successfully pushes the apk from eclipse and debugs properly.

At first I restarted adb as root using "adb root" in command prompt then it complained about those specific file directories so I changed permissions, restarted without root, and now it successfully works!

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update.

Similar problem here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1508222

and here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1269640

Reactions: meadowsjared

jlokos

May 27, 2011
Willamette Valley
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Which gapps are recommended? I've been using the ics 20120317, but I also see ics 20120422. Tried a flashover of a5 with the newer ones last night, and it hung on the splash screen till I pulled the battery. Plan to do a fresh install later, and I'm curious as to which gapps I should be using.
Thanks

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

I did a flash over also and used the ics 20120422; I had no problems.

Reactions: omniatic

EShow

Mar 2, 2011
Seattle
Just upgraded from 4 to 5, and so far no problems yet.

The only issue I've been consistently having is that with 3rd party keyboards - they will always work for the first few words I type, but will just freeze after that. I've resorted to just using the default keyboard, either though I'd rather use another.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

dbrits

Aug 28, 2010
California
trust me. the thought has crossed my mind!

Facebook was doing this, so I switched to the free version of Friendster until they work out some of the bugs in Fast Facebook.

Also, has anyone had their phone freeze then reboot when viewing the battery stats. It's happened to me several times.

I'm also experiencing the bug where the sound profile changes. I didn't realize it was an issue until I read about it here.

Eta: I just tries uploading a photo with the xda app....where is it? Blah.

Attachments

• 658699358_10150841992179359.jpg
    658699358_10150841992179359.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 598
Last edited:

drk.hd

Feb 27, 2011
Huntsville
www.github.com

Currently the /defaults.prop file has ro.secure=1 when it should equal 0 but we can't change it since that file gets loaded from the ramdisk every boot up.

However, I changed the permissions on /data/local/bin & /data/local to 777 and it successfully pushes the apk from eclipse and debugs properly.

At first I restarted adb as root using "adb root" in command prompt then it complained about those specific file directories so I changed permissions, restarted without root, and now it successfully works!

Similar problem here:

and here:

Nice job! I don't know how I would fix that myself quite yet, but I'll look into it.

Anyone looking for a changelog, there's not really an official one. However, there is this. This has all of the changes from CM, which are most of the changes in my builds.

ChuckFarley

Jun 25, 2010
I'm getting some fc's when adding an image to a text message. Had one lock up and reboot, too. The message eventually sent after it reboot, but now I'm getting some screen flickering between transitions.

Lemonslike

Jan 2, 2012
Running a5 with inkredikernel test 7. Runs great! Thanks again for the hard work on this. Anyone know of a newer version of the hwaccel test versions?

rick311

Apr 26, 2009

Similar problem here:

and here:

uuhhhmm, what does this mean to me (someone who just knows how to flash roms)?

Facebook was doing this, so I switched to the free version of Friendster until they work out some of the bugs in Fast Facebook.

Also, has anyone had their phone freeze then reboot when viewing the battery stats. It's happened to me several times.

I'm also experiencing the bug where the sound profile changes. I didn't realize it was an issue until I read about it here.

Eta: I just tries uploading a photo with the xda app....where is it? Blah.
apparently there is an option to turn gps off in facebook with the latest update. score: Rick 1, Facebook 0!!

I haven't had it reboot while looking at battery stats, but it normally freezes up when connecting or disconnecting to a charger.

as far as the sound profile changing, i noticed it only does that after unplugging headset/headphones (for me at least)

rick311

Apr 26, 2009
This a development thread...

EDIT: Hopefully didn't come across like a jerk, just pointing out that it might not pertain to everyday flashers such as ourselves.
it's all good. i was just wondering if it good news for this rom or something. just trying to understand it a bit more.

Konshu

Aug 17, 2009
Phoenix
I am playing with some tweaks I have made on my end however none of them are stable enough to request pushing to kd...

kentoe

Mar 17, 2010
Nice job! I don't know how I would fix that myself quite yet, but I'll look into it.

Anyone looking for a changelog, there's not really an official one. However, there is this. This has all of the changes from CM, which are most of the changes in my builds.

Thanks!

Sounds good, thanks for the link.

uuhhhmm, what does this mean to me (someone who just knows how to flash roms)?

Well, since I do android application development I need to be able to install apk's through adb and this was restricting that.

Basically, don't worry about it lol

Reactions: SlimSnoopOS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This rom is built from CM9 source with device and Hardware trees based on Evervolv's. There are NO other customizations to this rom, just pure AOSP and CM9.

NOTICE:
    ** This CyanogenMod build is highly experimental and unsupported. Many things may be broken. I offer no guarantees as to this working at all on your phone.

What Works
    • Hardware Acceleration
    • Bluetooth, GPS, Wifi
    • LED notification, Rotation, etc.
    • Panorama
    • Barcode scanning
    What Doesn't
    • Camcorder

Instructions
    1. Download the rom and Gapps from below
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Make a backup! Don't blame me if you install this and can't go back.
    4. Wipe data/Factory Reset
    5. Under Mounts/Storage, wipe System
    6. Install the rom
    7. Install Gapps
    8. Reboot
    9. Enjoy

Downloads
    Dev-Host - Build a9
    Mediafire mirror - Build a9
    Gapps
    MD5 for Build a9: 9c0777a3c5462b7de1d16da2664b5e5b

Older releases
    All

NOTICE - HWA is included with the latest KGSL drivers, so the only kernels that work are the stock kernel and others built specifically for the drivers. This includes the latest Incredikernel HWA Beta and mamarley's Beta kernel
    Incredikernel HWA Beta 2 can be found here.
    mamarley's kernel can be found here

What's New
    • New KGSL drivers for smoother HWA
    • Many behind-the-scenes updates for a much smoother experience

Unofficial Changelog
    CM-Nightlies Kang

Credits
    • The CM team for CyanogenMod
    • Evervolv for the device tree, and getting ICS to where it is on the Incredible
    • The Tiamat team for the kernel source and HWA

My Github can be found here.
    I hope you aren't tired of flashing, because I have one more coming your way, and this one is big. The Evervolv team just pushed through some major fixes to the camera HALs just this morning that should enable barcode scanners and panorama mode. Additionally, rywri has just posted a new camera apk with some code that fixes the camera fc when using panorama. Check his thread out here.

What this means for YOU is that I'm (probably) going to put out yet another build today with working barcode scanner and panorama. :D

I've started to experiencing a weird issue with Superuser after upgrading to a7. When prompted, Superuser doesn't remember anything that I've allowed. I had to allow several prompts just to load Titanium Backup. This issues isn't limited to Titanium, but to any app that requires root access. Right now I have Superuser set to automatically allow anything, and I'm not fond of leaving it on that setting. I've tried clearing the cache. They only thing I haven't done is delete Superuser using Titanium (since it's a system app) and then reinstalling it through the market.

That's odd, it's working for me. I do know that CM made some changes to su recently to try to fix some bugs...
    New build is up! Get it while it's hot!
    Like the preview release, only kernels built for the new drivers work. This limits you to Incredikernel HWA Beta 2 and mamarley's beta kernel, along with the stock kernel, of course.

Get it here!
    New Build

New build is out! Get it here.

Changes:
    • CM9 updates
    • Evervolv updates
    • General cleanup

I'm done with finals now, so my dev work should be speeding up. The main thing to work on right now is actually the kernel, so we don't have to rely on outside kernels. Then comes getting the needed changes to the qcom libs into CM. Busy busy!
    New build is up! Various updates from upstream. On my end, I simplified the repo download process, so I'll write a new tutorial on building soon.

Get the new build here.