Root Huawei Premia 4G

Search This thread

eddytholland

Apr 21, 2011
Smyrna, GA
hey so i got the new huawei phone from metropcs. it came out about a month ago and it is still fresh in the market. the phone is pretty badass... except for one problem. it's unrooted. so if anyone can find a way to root the huawei premia 4g, then i will be highly appreciative. the model number of the phone is the huawei-m931. thanks a bunch ^_^

fulltilt3

Jul 16, 2009
I'm trying to connect my Huawei Premia to PC by USB no luck

hey so i got the new huawei phone from metropcs. it came out about a month ago and it is still fresh in the market. the phone is pretty badass... except for one problem. it's unrooted. so if anyone can find a way to root the huawei premia 4g, then i will be highly appreciative. the model number of the phone is the huawei-m931. thanks a bunch ^_^

would like to connect to PC and root this phone...anyone with info on these phones?

elk1007

Apr 19, 2013
this is how i got it connected finally to my PC. as far as rooting, i'm still waiting. hope this helps on your personal road to rooting this phone.

Go to android forums dot com and then go to this board >

Android Forums > Android Phones > Huawei Premia 4G > Premia 4G - All Things Root

There's a guide by shabbypenguin. I posted the necessary drivers to connect ADB as well.

I'd link you but apparently I'm a n00b lol

eddytholland

Apr 21, 2011
Smyrna, GA

4Aphex

Jun 28, 2013
I used the method described in this thread. It seems like it worked partially as most of my root apps work however I can not modify system files I am still stuck with read only permission in certain directories. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a current fix. Thank you for your help in advance

Sent from my HUAWEI-M931 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: jrossix

maceo88

Oct 17, 2013
Cannot root Huawei Premia 4g

I just want to know why when I try to root my android hwawei premia 4g by using motochopper, the program run and places the app on my phone as superuser, but the app say the (su) needs update, but always report as an error...."There was an error installing superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer."........I have formatted my sd card and everthing. It says I need to update the binary.........Outside of this I've tried to use every rooting process with no progress- to name a few, SuperOneClick, Frama, z4root, and more, this is the FIRST phone that I cannot root, I need help with Motochopper.....Please somebody help me

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

I just want to know why when I try to root my android hwawei premia 4g by using motochopper, the program run and places the app on my phone as superuser, but the app say the (su) needs update, but always report as an error...."There was an error installing superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer."........I have formatted my sd card and everthing. It says I need to update the binary.........Outside of this I've tried to use every rooting process with no progress- to name a few, SuperOneClick, Frama, z4root, and more, this is the FIRST phone that I cannot root, I need help with Motochopper.....Please somebody help me

eddytholland

Apr 21, 2011
Smyrna, GA
I used the method described in this thread. It seems like it worked partially as most of my root apps work however I can not modify system files I am still stuck with read only permission in certain directories. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a current fix. Thank you for your help in advance

what file explorer are you using? i use es file explorer because it's awesome and supports root access. when you choose root explorer, you have to change the file system from ro to rw. by doing that you are then able to modify as you wish.

eddytholland

Apr 21, 2011
Smyrna, GA

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

i ran into the same problem you did. until i found the video that i posted earlier in this thread. if you haven't tried it, then i think there is something you must be missing. if i remember correctly, i might have messed up the first time i tried. try downloading a root checker app in the play store to actually confirm you have root.

alxrodsf

Oct 20, 2013
Premia Rool

I had the same problem phone did not want to root and super user asked for update. Well I rebooted laptop and phone and followed the you tube video in the thread. It only said failure at the first stage because it was trying to push exploit which was already on the phone from the first time. After rebooting both laptop and phone and running motochopper the third time it said "successful!'" at the rooting stage some thing it had not happened before. then afte phone auto reboot IT WORKED!!. So don't give up.

Reactions: eccentric1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i finally found the right exploit to root this phone. stumbled upon this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBupfRjXUTo with links at the bottom of it that gives the perfect exploitation and it actually worked. damn it's good to be rooted again :D
    You're welcome. :)

Premia Rool

I had the same problem phone did not want to root and super user asked for update. Well I rebooted laptop and phone and followed the you tube video in the thread. It only said failure at the first stage because it was trying to push exploit which was already on the phone from the first time. After rebooting both laptop and phone and running motochopper the third time it said "successful!'" at the rooting stage some thing it had not happened before. then afte phone auto reboot IT WORKED!!. So don't give up.