[Q] Google Apps / Sync on Ascend P6 (chinese Version)

Search This thread

Journeyman91

Feb 29, 2012
Dear friends,

I just bought a Huawei Ascend P6 in a local chinese store - and its awesome!

Besides that there are no Google Apps installed. I managed to install the Play Store, Gmail, Maps, Google Now by just simply downloading the .apks and installing them.

Nevertheless, I can't add a Google Account which means I can not sync my google contacts :(

What I tryed so far:
  • Booting to Stock Recovery and trying to install GAPPS --> Failed to to Error "Wrong Verification"
  • Extracted GAPPS archiev and moved all Apps.apk to System/app. Also set the right permissions (rrw - r - r) --> No effect

My Phone is already successfully rooted. What can I do? Please help me =)

stressforall

Jul 14, 2013

Hello,

I also have the ascend P6 chinese version

Can you please tell me what the error message you receive when trying to sync.

From my part I managed to join the device with the google account and also sync contacts.

Only difference from what you told me earlier was that I didn't have the device rooted when I synced.

What tool did you use to sync ?

Journeyman91

Feb 29, 2012
There is no error message. I just don't have the option to add a Google Account under "Settings" -> "Add Account". Play Store however created one as well as Gmail. But calender sync or contact sync is not working.

What modifications did you make to your phone? How did you manage to add an full featured Google Account under "Settings"?

tommedema

Nov 6, 2010
There is no error message. I just don't have the option to add a Google Account under "Settings" -> "Add Account". Play Store however created one as well as Gmail. But calender sync or contact sync is not working.

What modifications did you make to your phone? How did you manage to add an full featured Google Account under "Settings"?

I am experiencing this exact same issue. I just bought the P6 in Beijing. I downloaded the google play market from the preinstalled custom markets but there is no option to sync contacts or calendars.

Any advice?

stressforall

Jul 14, 2013

I didn't make any modification - i just install google play and download all the applications - the moment I signed into gmail and play store i was asked to sync

It's probably due to some error or bug

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

I didn't make any modification - i just install google play and download all the applications - the moment I signed into gmail and play store i was asked to sync

Ok,

So i've checked the settings and ineed i don't have the option of adding the google account - but what you can do is download gmail and sign in.

It should automaticly add the account

tommedema

Nov 6, 2010

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Ok,

So i've checked the settings and ineed i don't have the option of adding the google account - but what you can do is download gmail and sign in.

It should automaticly add the account

Gmail? But we are talking about google contacts :)

By the way I managed to sync my calendar by downloading Google Calendar from the app market.

Journeyman91

Feb 29, 2012
Gmail? But we are talking about google contacts :)

Absolutely right, my eMails were synced - and of course a Google Account was created in the phone therefore (by GMail App). Nevertheless contact sync was not working since this is not a "full featured" Google Account but more like a GMail sync account atm.

ALSO I made a horrible mistake. I downloaded the latest GApps (for Android 4.2.2 - should be the right ones actually?) and installed them in the "root\Systems\App" folder of my device. I also changed the permissions to rw-r-r according to multiple postings I found all around the web. Now my phone does start, but BEFORE the homescreen or anything is loaded there is a error message saying something like

"Setup Wizard stopped working". It comes up repeatetly! Everytime I click OK this message comes up again! I can not use my phone anymore.

FYI, Setup Wizard is the App who starts when first time starting an Android device for initial setup of Accounts and introduction in your phone.

How can I fix it?? Right now my phone is bricked. I can not access the Settings or anything. I am rooted, but without custom recovery. Can someone uploade the International Stock Rom of the P6?

€: I tried to flash the original chinese rom I found at Huawei webpage, but my Stock Recovery is saying:

Huawei SDCARD&USB UPDATE AGENDT 2.0
This phone is secureboot phone.
This phone is LOCK state.
Update Package: /sdcard/dload/UPDATE.APP <-- This is the Rom I want to install
checking sd update pkg ...
Huawei SD card update fail

Last edited:

barjola

Aug 31, 2010
How do you make to root the p6?? I have a chinese version of p6 too and i dont know how to root it.

Can someone uploade the International Stock Rom of the P6?

You can download the international version here:

consumer.huawei.com/en/support/downloads/detail/index.htm?id=16202

Last edited:

Journeyman91

Feb 29, 2012
Hey man,

thx for the tip, I finally got it back working! Even better, the international version already brings full google integration. Perfect!

For your question: Search for a tool name eRoot. You can find it here - sorry that its in German.

http://www.android-hilfe.de/huawei-ascend-p6-u01-forum/443644-huawei-ascend-p6-root.html

BTW: Guys! Never ever buy MicroSD Cards at chinese fake markets! I bought a 16GB card and fpr pictures etc its working perfectly. But when I wanted to flash the ROM it came up all the time with above mentioned error messages. After I changed to a legit SD card from Germany everything was working perfectly. =D

tommedema

Nov 6, 2010
barjola;43641954 You can download the international version here: consumer.huawei.com/en/support/downloads/detail/index.htm?id=16202[/QUOTE said:
Hmm, so if I get this right I can install this rom on my Chinese p6 to make it international? How do I do this and is it recommendable? My phone is fresh, not rooted or anything. At the moment everything works except contact sync. However contact sync is important for me. Would this void my warranty?

desertflyer

Aug 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Hmm, so if I get this right I can install this rom on my Chinese p6 to make it international? How do I do this and is it recommendable? My phone is fresh, not rooted or anything. At the moment everything works except contact sync. However contact sync is important for me. Would this void my warranty?

I'm wondering the same thing. I just got a Chinese P6 and want to make it an international version if possible.

Eagleman71

Dec 4, 2007
Hi guys
yes, the official rom is international ( This one ) and is for all phones, it does not require root.
it has two methods of upgrading:

the force upgrade (wiping everything, by starting from the recovery boot with power + volume up and down together)
the soft upgrade (overwriting and keeping programs, data and configurations, by launching the upgrade from the management/upgrade icon as local upgrade)

to soft upgrade simply:
- download pack
- unzip on pc
- copy the directory dload to the root of the sd card
- unplug usb phone-pc (so to remount sd card)
- enter managmenet icon group, choose upgrade, select local upgrade, run
- 5 minutes and your phone will be upgraded to version 107, international with all google apps already installed

enjoy

tommedema

Nov 6, 2010
That's very promising. Is it possible to first make a complete "nandroid" backup? I'm thinking about doing the hard flash, because using Chinese configuration files with an English versions seems to invite problems.

tommedema

Nov 6, 2010
That's very promising. Is it possible to first make a complete "nandroid" backup? I'm thinking about doing the hard flash, because using Chinese configuration files with an English versions seems to invite problems.

Ok, so I just did a hard upgrade. It's good but I have a problem: the quick settings notification bar (sound, wifi options etc.) is grayed out in settings and cannot be enabled anymore. Why is this?

coolandmellow

Aug 14, 2010
How do you make to root the p6?? I have a chinese version of p6 too and i dont know how to root it.

You can download the international version here:

consumer.huawei.com/en/support/downloads/detail/index.htm?id=16202

Hi i also bought this from EBay i mean a chinese version is there a youtube tutorial or forum for a step by step ROM installation or can you tell me please i will be grateful.

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

Ok, so I just did a hard upgrade. It's good but I have a problem: the quick settings notification bar (sound, wifi options etc.) is grayed out in settings and cannot be enabled anymore. Why is this?

You might want to email them and find out can you also let me know how i hard reflash or install the International version step by step please

i have downloaded the new EUro firmware.

coolandmellow

Aug 14, 2010
Hi i also bought this from EBay i mean a chinese version is there a youtube tutorial or forum for a step by step ROM installation or can you tell me please i will be grateful.

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

You might want to email them and find out can you also let me know how i hard reflash or install the International version step by step please

i have downloaded the new EUro firmware.

me too maybe we should contact Huwaei for a fix

tommedema

Nov 6, 2010
After upgrading to the B107 version, you should perform another hard reset, that fixed it for me.

Interestingly.. unfortunately I have been configuring my current setup for a long time now and another hard reset would make all that work for nothing.

It also seems like a very surprising solution. Are you sure this fixed it?

So you can actually enable the notification bar now?

By the way, do you know if we still get frequent system updates with this version?

daryltanael

Jul 4, 2007
Interestingly.. unfortunately I have been configuring my current setup for a long time now and another hard reset would make all that work for nothing.

It also seems like a very surprising solution. Are you sure this fixed it?

So you can actually enable the notification bar now?

By the way, do you know if we still get frequent system updates with this version?

1. Yup, that's what I did.
2. Yes, I can enable it and customize the notification bar buttons after my hard reset.
3. I'm not sure about the frequent updates though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys
    yes, the official rom is international ( This one ) and is for all phones, it does not require root.
    it has two methods of upgrading:

the force upgrade (wiping everything, by starting from the recovery boot with power + volume up and down together)
    the soft upgrade (overwriting and keeping programs, data and configurations, by launching the upgrade from the management/upgrade icon as local upgrade)

to soft upgrade simply:
    - download pack
    - unzip on pc
    - copy the directory dload to the root of the sd card
    - unplug usb phone-pc (so to remount sd card)
    - enter managmenet icon group, choose upgrade, select local upgrade, run
    - 5 minutes and your phone will be upgraded to version 107, international with all google apps already installed

enjoy