Unlock the Tmobile S5 with region lock away?

Search This thread

risestar2

Jul 31, 2011
I unlocked my T-Mobile Galaxy S5 using my old Canadian Telus sim card and it worked fine. I don't know about any non-north american sims but as I understand it, as long as the variant is originally activated by the original carrier and then unlocked, the region lock is disabled.

Can't find an ATT sim card to test :/

Reactions: eezeh

dtronx

Feb 21, 2007
Staten Island
The SM-G900T is definitely SIM locked. I ended up just buying the unlock code from CellUnlocker.net and amazingly they were able to get the code on launch day. Yeah, it costs money, but they came through with the code.

Also, lucky for me, since I guess I was one of the first to buy a code for the G900T, I got an email from them saying that they were looking for footage of people unlocking their GS5s, and if I could provide a video showing the full unlock process, entering the code, and activation on another network, they'd refund the purchase price. I don't know if they're still offering that, but I took advantage of it and I did indeed get my full purchase price refunded, so in effect I got my code for free. :good:

I used fastgsm.com is a little cheaper than CellUnlocker.net and gets the code in the same amount of time

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

I unlocked my T-Mobile Galaxy S5 using my old Canadian Telus sim card and it worked fine. I don't know about any non-north american sims but as I understand it, as long as the variant is originally activated by the original carrier and then unlocked, the region lock is disabled.

Supposedly if you use the fastgsm.com service it also gives you the region unlock too so that you don't have to activate and make a call for 5 minutes to unlock it properly

Onjarf

Oct 14, 2013
Hi! I am from Croatia and I have Galaxy S5 SM-G900X and when I connect it in Kies show me a messege; "the phone is locked"!? What I can do because when I put in any SIM card it doesn't work? Maybe You have a service code for unlock it, or I don't need that?
Regards

hilmiabi

Sep 11, 2010
world
Also used fastgsm.com for my S5 brought from Germany and region locked. Although warned not being able to sent region unlock code, they have sent it in 5 or 6 minutes. And worked. They have sent tree codes as seen:
Dear Customer,

The unlock code(s) for your IMEI: 35.............9 are

NCK=4.........4 MCK=9xxxxxxx3 RGCK=7xxxxxxx2

Would you like to get cash back on this unlock? See http://www.FastGSM.com/9 for an easy way to earn a refund or discount!

We value your feedback. Share a success story to help us improve your experience and qualify for a service refund - one customer selected each month.

http://www.fastgsm.com/feedback

Share FastGSM on Facebook and Twitter. Let’s Get Started! Act Now!

http://www.fastgsm.com/share?messag...tGSM.com.+Register+now+to+receive+FREE+credit.

Reactions: eezeh and u1988

eezeh

Oct 31, 2014
Region lock on the 900A

I am looking to buy the galaxy s5 for use in several Sub-saharan African countries. I already have an old ATT sim with me so I will probably be ordering the 900A in/from the US for my dad to bring here for me and i want to make sure that the region-lock is not an issue. Will i be able to region unlock with my ATT sim card while in Africa, or do i need to have my dad make the 5min call for me while the phone is in the US? and is this call meant to be to or from the s5?

Alternatively, has any one successfully used FastGsm for a region lock either: outside of North America? /or on a 900A?

gspears

Mar 15, 2011
Phoenix
I already have an old ATT sim with me so I will probably be ordering the 900A in/from the US for my dad to bring here for me and i want to make sure that the region-lock is not an issue. Will i be able to region unlock with my ATT sim card while in Africa

The T-Mobile S5 has all the AT&T frequencies plus a few for T-Mobile and it doesn't have a locked bootloader. I would look at getting the 900T and having it unlocked. The last time I did it I paid 19.99 from swift unlock. That way you can use it anywhere you'd like.

Good luck with your travels.

If I've helped you, please hit the thanks button.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts