Hardware buttons not working?

Search This thread

octonaut

May 8, 2014
My hardware buttons on the bottom, back home and menu have quit working. I have a hairline crack on the bottom right, but has been working fine with it on there. I flashed the AOSB rom but, i wouldn't think it has anything to do with it not working?
my question, and I believe I know the answer, would flashing back to stock in any way work to fix this problem?

tferrari

May 22, 2013
My hardware buttons on the bottom, back home and menu have quit working. I have a hairline crack on the bottom right, but has been working fine with it on there. I flashed the AOSB rom but, i wouldn't think it has anything to do with it not working?
my question, and I believe I know the answer, would flashing back to stock in any way work to fix this problem?

It sounds like it is mechanically broken to me. Can't say for sure, but when a symptom like that appears after mechanical damage, there is a significant possibility that the two are related.

binaryfalcon

Jun 20, 2013
what I dont understand, is the buttons worked after it cracked?

So what would change?

It's entirely possible that the malfunction happened some time after the ''crack''. (Due to using the device while it is damaged) If you haven't already, you can try going back to stock rom. If the buttons still don't respond, it's unfortunately an hardware issue.