Problem with the partition table

Search This thread

aresbv2000

Mar 18, 2009
Brasov
Hi all....
Today i was trying to flash the latest firmware for my i9506 (I9506XXUBNA2).
All flashing went fine...until it reaches the "Hidden" partition.
So....a big FAIL appears.
I was facing the same problem when i flashed the France(Orange) 4.3 firmware but then the problem was solved by flashing Philz recovery and rebooted.
Now it doesn`t work anymore...it gets stuck at booting animation.
Any solution for this?Maybe a .pit file will solve the problem?
Thank you!

Reactions: Celzeron

aresbv2000

Mar 18, 2009
Brasov
Problem solved!It wasn`t the partition table the problem.Even so...Odin still gives "FAIL" error when trying to flash "Hidden" partition.
The main problem when updating to 4.3 is the recovery partion wich is not flashed properly.
So...if you want to update to latest 4.3 (with no errors after booting, like Samsung Keboard FC`ing every 5 seconds) try this firmware, this Odin and this recovery!
So....at first...flast the attached firmware via Odin!
Uncheck the "Auto Reboot" box.
Odin will "FAIL" to flash "HIDDEN" partition!
Don`t worry....just press and keep the power+volume down buttons until the phone reboots again in download mode.
Reset Odin and again, uncheck the "Auto Reboot" box before flashing "recovery.tar.md5"
Flash "recovery.tar.md5" provided here!
After the recovery is flashed, first the boot must be in recovery mode!enter in recovery mode by pressing and keeping volume up and power button.
In recovery mode the phone automatically will flash something on your device!
After that....the phone will reboot!
That`s it!

I don`t know if this method will void the Knox warranty because i already have KNOX WARRANTY VOID : 0x1 so try at your own risk!

Last edited:

marbayn

Jan 16, 2014
still with "samsung keyboard error"

hey man!

i've tried your procedure. i still got the keyboard stopped error. i used the odin, rom and recovery you have provided.

have you done re-partition? i havent done re-partition. maybe that could be the reason why i still had that error. do you have other solution for that?

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

hey man!

i've tried your procedure. i still got the keyboard stopped error. i used the odin, rom and recovery you have provided.

have you done re-partition? i havent done re-partition. maybe that could be the reason why i still had that error. do you have other solution for that?

im so sorry to what i have said this procedure doesnt work. this procedure is tested by me and it worked without keyboard error after reboot.

THE PROCEDURE MUST BE FOLLOWED RELIGIOUSLY!

NO AUTO REBOOT IS A MUST, YOUR VERY FIRST BOOT MUST BE IN "RECOVERY MODE"

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

THANK YOU VERY MUCH "aresbv2000" !!!

YOUR PROCEDURE WORKED!

I failed because i didnt follow the whole procedure properly. now i realized how crucial tiny details is.

"NO AUTO REBOOT IN ODIN, THE VERY FIRST BOOT MUST BE IN RECOVERY MODE"

:laugh::D:good:

souhail.beraich

Jul 6, 2013
hey man!

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

im so sorry to what i have said this procedure doesnt work. this procedure is tested by me and it worked without keyboard error after reboot.

THE PROCEDURE MUST BE FOLLOWED RELIGIOUSLY!

NO AUTO REBOOT IS A MUST, YOUR VERY FIRST BOOT MUST BE IN "RECOVERY MODE"

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

THANK YOU VERY MUCH "aresbv2000" !!!

YOUR PROCEDURE WORKED!

I failed because i didnt follow the whole procedure properly. now i realized how crucial tiny details is.

"NO AUTO REBOOT IN ODIN, THE VERY FIRST BOOT MUST BE IN RECOVERY MODE"

:laugh::D:good:

I have tried the procedure but it doesn"t work. have you done re-partition when you flash recovery ?

TiBLiRon

Jun 13, 2012
haugesund
root won't stick

again you saved my ass! my samsung keyboard is now working!

next and only issue left is to make root stick! i downloaded "http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2529064" and flashed via philz touch. i gain root on one boot only.. supersu is fcuked, wont block knox or install su binarys. but all apps gain root access except "es file explorer" which won't enable "root explorer". if i only soft reboot the root sticks.

anyone successfully rooted i9506 4.3?

allal123

Dec 2, 2006
Algeria
Problem solved!It wasn`t the partition table the problem.Even so...Odin still gives "FAIL" error when trying to flash "Hidden" partition.
The main problem when updating to 4.3 is the recovery partion wich is not flashed properly.
So...if you want to update to latest 4.3 (with no errors after booting, like Samsung Keboard FC`ing every 5 seconds) try this firmware, this Odin and this recovery!
Don`t worry....just press and keep the power+volume down buttons until the phone reboots again in download mode.
Reset Odin and again, uncheck the "Auto Reboot" box before flashing "recovery.tar.md5"
After the recovery is flashed, first the boot must be in recovery mode!enter in recovery mode by pressing and keeping volume up and power button.
That`s it!

I don`t know if this method will void the Knox warranty because i already have KNOX WARRANTY VOID : 0x1 so try at your own risk!

hi , please , can you post new link ?? thx

Formingus

May 23, 2007
Fier
Maybe is too late but will help to some other members.
Wanted to root mine i9506 so i must change build for proper root
I got same problem but mine case was 5.0.1 Lolipop ,Odin will fail flashing hidden part
Flashed with same version and country origin of mine phone.
After phone ON get some errors android process stoped bla bla bla
Factory reset with Vol UP + home + power and now all fine

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That`s it!

Hi all....
    Today i was trying to flash the latest firmware for my i9506 (I9506XXUBNA2).
    All flashing went fine...until it reaches the "Hidden" partition.
    So....a big FAIL appears.
    I was facing the same problem when i flashed the France(Orange) 4.3 firmware but then the problem was solved by flashing Philz recovery and rebooted.
    Now it doesn`t work anymore...it gets stuck at booting animation.
    Any solution for this?Maybe a .pit file will solve the problem?
    Thank you!
    hi , please , can you post new link ?? thx

Sorry mate...i do not own this phone anymore! I`ve had enough with this crappy Sam****! Now I have a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact! 10x better than Samsung! This is just my opinion....not a negative publicity! Have a nice day my friend!