Change the Gallery shortcut in the STOCK CAMERA

Search This thread

Phenom2

Feb 28, 2010
Hello, I found the stock gallery very unpleasant

for exemple when you want to delete a picture, it take you 2-3 taps

AOSP gallery is really faster, you delete pictures in a blink, and if you miss you can still go back clicking "cancel" button

Don't want to change camera, beacause the stock one is clearly the one with the best results (sharpness, noise, focus...)

So, any way to change the app launcher by touching the little vignette on the corner of the camera app ?

Not anymore. Used to be possible on the first firmwares the phone came with, but they deleted that functionality. It's not possible on the S5, either, so likely a KitKat thing.

You also can't select it in Whatsapp, Facebook and other such apps. Wish we could.... Stock gallery is a nightmare if you have more than 20 pictures. I have about 6000, when I want to select a picture to send in Whatsapp I have exactly 1.2 seconds to select it before the gallery crashes and takes Whatsapp/Facebook with it.

I do have to object to the statement about the camera. FV5, Procapture and Zoom FX take much higher quality pictures.

Phenom2

Feb 28, 2010
I do have to object to the statement about the camera. FV5, Procapture and Zoom FX take much higher quality pictures.

Will try these apps, thanks, but I'm suspicious, tried a bunch of camera app, the stock sammy app take fastest shoot, more sharp, autofocus faster...

Google camera take worse pictures than stock

That's a shame, gallery of the Google camera is freaking cool