Why can't I see previews of my pictures/ on my computer?

Search This thread

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
I don't get it when i plug my phone to my pc i cannot see previews of the pictures(thumbnails) , videos or files i have on my phone, i have to copy them first to the computer in order to be able to preview them , any solution for this? :/

Last edited:

clockcycle

Dec 28, 2007
Miami, FL
Moto G Power (2021)
I don't get it when i plug my phone to my pc i cannot see previews of the pictures( i think they're called thumbs) , videos or files i have on my phone, i have to copy them first to the computer in order to be able to preview them , any solution for this? :/

I'm not sure but it could be a setting on your PC. I noticed this while offering pictures from an iphone4 yesterday as well. But I have preview and thumbnails turned off.

t3xboar

Dec 21, 2007
montreal
yes clockcycle is right.

this is purely your pc, nothing to do with your phone. you need to enable the checkbox to preview photo's depending ony our version of windows. sometimes it's not enabled by default.

:)

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
yes clockcycle is right.

this is purely your pc, nothing to do with your phone. you need to enable the checkbox to preview photo's depending ony our version of windows. sometimes it's not enabled by default.

:)

Previews are enabled , what my pc shows as thumbnails for my pictures is the logo of the windows gallery :/

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
Reasonably sure its because of the MTP protocol, the N4 is not mounted like a normal USB stick

Hmm there's big post about this issue on the phandroid forums, it seems its windows faul't , the window explorer doesn't show thumbnails in MTP mode, which is the only mode the nexus 4 connects to the pc since it has no sd card, so no solution AT ALL :crying:

I'm curious to see if on mac you can view the thumbnails :confused:, anyone here with a mac that can confirm it?

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...mbnails-wont-display-s3-jpegs-what-gives.html

Last edited: