Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 strange touch screen problem

Search This thread

np27np27

Feb 25, 2009
Hi,

I have a galaxy tab 2 which I got recently. As soon as I got it home I installed the latest CM10 so not sure if this problem is software related or hardware.

Anyway the issue is that when the tablet is turned on within the first 5 minutes of use the touchscreen becomes unresponsive intermittently. The only way to get it working again after it freezes is to turn the screen off then on and the screen responds again. It will keep doing this for another few minutes or so intermittently. The stranger thing is that after the first 5 minutes or so of doing this the screen then seems to work fine for the remainder of the time I use it.
When I turn off the tab and start it again the next day, it does the same 5 minutes of intermittent unresponsiveness then fine again!

Anyone had the same problem or can suggest a fix??

Thanks.

Sent from my CUBOT GT99 using Tapatalk

doc-oc

Jun 10, 2013
Try to use another night or stable CM ROM. Did you have the same problem on stock ROM? Has your tablet screen protector? - it may cause some permanent lags

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 4

np27np27

Feb 25, 2009
I have no screen protector. I also have the same CM10 installed on a second tab 2 I own which does not have this problem.
To me it does not feel like screen lag, but more the screen touch just switches off for no reason.

I'm not sure if it happened in the stock rom as I did not test it. I will try the latest CM10 and also stock to see if it makes a difference.

doc-oc

Jun 10, 2013
If you will see this problem in the stock rom after flashing multifiles rom with PIT-fie, you should going to service, because your recently got tab can have physical problems.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 4

np27np27

Feb 25, 2009
Yes I suspect this is a hardware issue as nobody else seems to have reported the same problem. I'll try the stock rom again soon.

danny.freeky

Jan 27, 2014
My friend. Im one step away from buying this device. What is your advice based on your experience. Is it a worthy machine? (Sorry bout my english)

Enviado desde mi GT-S7500L usando Tapatalk 2

np27np27

Feb 25, 2009
My friend. Im one step away from buying this device. What is your advice based on your experience. Is it a worthy machine? (Sorry bout my english)

Enviado desde mi GT-S7500L usando Tapatalk 2

Well I have a second tab 2 that works perfectly with CM10. I think this second tab must just be bad luck.
For general internet browsing, apps, and even most games, this tab is fine. It's quick and smooth with CM10. If you need productivity software or high end games then go for the tab 3 or the note. But for general stuff those tabs are overpriced and over spec!

np27np27

Feb 25, 2009
So I've now tried flashing to CM11 and then also back to the stock, but still the same problem.....first few minutes after starting the tab the screen becomes unresponsive 4 or 5 separate times. Only turning the screen on and off makes the screen responsive again.

Then after the 5 minutes or so the screen works normally!!!

What is going on?? I assume this must be a hardware issue then??

Nainconpetant

Oct 22, 2011
Terrebonne, Quebec
ill bring this up cause i have same problem

on my side i own the first generation of galaxy tab, i dropped the tab o the floor, got the screen replace by a local shop, the intermittent problem started, brought back the tab, they put a new glass/digitilizer, problem is still there.

stock p7500 rooted for the past 4 years, never got that problem before breaking the glass

they told me every connections seem to be fine, i didnt opened the back panel myselfto check but i wanted to know if anyone got that and if they found a solution

any idea ?

fredy66

Jul 16, 2013
@np27np27
I had the same problem one year ago..
The only solution was to replace the motherboard.
This happend for me after flashing stock Samsung jellybean .

Nainconpetant

Oct 22, 2011
Terrebonne, Quebec
@np27np27
I had the same problem one year ago..
The only solution was to replace the motherboard.
This happend for me after flashing stock Samsung jellybean .

and how do you replace a motheboard on a tab, also whats the cost of a motherboard, wouldnt be easier to just buy a new tab ?

i really love the first generation, even if its outdated and slower, it does what i need and i dont have the "middle" button that the new ones have.