[Q] Upgrading stock ICS to Android 4.4.2 (OmniRom Unofficial)

Search This thread

samikrc

Apr 8, 2011
Asus Zenfone Max M2
Hi,

I am planning to install the shining new 4.4.2 build (OmniROM unofficial) on my US Acer A500. I have an (*gasp*, *laugh*) unrooted stock ICS (4.0.3, Kernel: 2.6.39.4+, Build: Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1), which I want to upgrade to this OmniROM build. So far, reading the thread, this looks like the installation dependency tree:

[ -> : Depends on]
OmniROM (4.4.2) -> CWM 6.0.4.5 -> skrilax bootloader (V8) -> nvflash

Can anyone comment on if my understanding of the dependency tree correct? Should nvflash be my starting point for installation?

Any other notes/pointers?

Regards.

tslbai

Jun 11, 2013
Hi,

I am planning to install the shining new 4.4.2 build (OmniROM unofficial) on my US Acer A500. I have an (*gasp*, *laugh*) unrooted stock ICS (4.0.3, Kernel: 2.6.39.4+, Build: Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1), which I want to upgrade to this OmniROM build. So far, reading the thread, this looks like the installation dependency tree:

Can anyone comment on if my understanding of the dependency tree correct? Should nvflash be my starting point for installation?

Regards.

Hi,

i upgraded my unrooted Stock-A500 some moths ago.

My Description you can find here:
http://www.agilolfinger.de/tipps/a500-flash.html
Sorry, i wrote it in German.

Bye,
Florian

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Hi,

i upgraded my unrooted Stock-A500 some moths ago.

My Description you can find here:
http://www.agilolfinger.de/tipps/a500-flash.html
Sorry, i wrote it in German.

Bye,
Florian

Hi,

meanwhile i upgraded the bootloader to Skrillax V.9. I think that's the lastest version and it works without problems for me.

Bye,
Florian

Reactions: samikrc

samikrc

Apr 8, 2011
Asus Zenfone Max M2
Hi Florian,
Thanks for your reply - using Google Translate, I could get the gist of it. Very helpful.
Have you also upgraded to 4.4.2 so far? What version are you running now?
Regards.

tslbai

Jun 11, 2013
Hi Florian,
Thanks for your reply - using Google Translate, I could get the gist of it. Very helpful.
Have you also upgraded to 4.4.2 so far? What version are you running now?
Regards.

I just upgraded to 4.4.2 (build 4 20140426).

I already have installed Skrillax V9 bootloader

I downloaded from here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2705989
* CWM 6.0.4.5
** installing with fastboot.
** install drivers on PC
** install fastboot
** Connect tablet to PC and install CWM

* Build4-ROM-Image
** Boot to CWM
** Factory-reset
** put zip-file on sdcard and install it from CWM
** put Super-SU-zip on sdcard and install it directly after ROM-zip
** then reboot

It seems to work very well.

Florian

brucejuice

Apr 30, 2014
Hi,

Regards.

That sounds about right. I would recommend blackthund3r's tool though which makes installing the bootloader a bit easier. You'll also need fastboot to load the recovery into the secondary partition as the normal recovery partition is to small.

Top Liked Posts