[ROM] [CWM] [ROOT] Smooth Maximus ROM X ( Smooth at its Maximum ) [6/29/11] [Final]

Search This thread

ayoteddy

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2009
Welcome to the First Custom ROM for The Sidekick 4G

ATTENTION: There HAS been an update to This ROM .. its Called Smooth Maximus GingerClone. That from here on will be my Flagship ROM and will be recieving all of the future Updates . .
It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED That you Update to this GingerClone Version as it has much more than this ROM (See it Here) ALL of the themed apps + framework from this ROM will soon be available to Flash on the Gingerclone ROM. But i Think you should try out the Gingerbread/SHSII theme for a while its pretty clean and slick ! Thanks for your Time and Happy Flashing !!

rbxm50.png

2nw1j0h.png

See videos of this ROM in action Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AVNbhk6QKo -Thanks FawkReviewz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrFyiVKkDXo -Thanks Datlilboricua

Smooth Maximus ROM v1.0​
*Release Candidate* - by ayOteddy

Base: SK4G.KD1/SGS4G.UVKD1
Rooted with Modded Recovery to enable flashing into CWM
Deodexed 100%
Updated All apps (I think Maps may have updated again)
Debloated
Kernel: Stock KD1
Modem: KD1
Custom Theme with Honeycomb system app icons (took away about 95% of the childish sidekick look)
Custom Default Font (See Screenshots)
Custom Transitions/Animations
Themed Lockscreen
* Fugu Tweaks (Gingerbread 2.3.3 binaries, Increases responsivness)
Custom Shutdown animation and sound

Launchers Included:

* Xperia Arc Launcher ( It was themed by me to have the Honeycomb look to match my ROM theme. This Launcher has very cool animations when deleting apps, moving widgets/icons. The folders are very cool also.)

* AmbientTime Launcher (When this Launcher is set as Default launcher, you can enable/disable the lockscreen intergrated in the app. This launcher and its lockscreen has a default livewallpaper and isn't changeable its very cool though)

Additional Apps:

* Honeycomb Themed Market
* Quick Boot app included for easy rebooting/rebooting to recovery/download.
* Spare Parts (Useful Tool, can speed up/slow down animations)
* Media Room was removed -- It was replaced by a Touchwiz Video player app, And 2 Music Players (MIUI Music Player, and a AOSP Music player Modded to Work with the Pulldown And Lockscreen)

Additional Widgets:
* Honeycomb themed google clock widget.
* LG Boomarks
* LG Memo
* LG Music Player widget that works with the Aosp music player included

Keyboards Included:
* Swype and Samsung Keyboard included. The Swype Keyboard is themed to match the theme aswell. Request the Default swype if you want it.

..If there are any apps that you need that are removed just request them. Download Super Manager from the market and enable root in the setting, then you can push the app to your system

Download and instructions in Second Post..

Be sure to Read the rest of the second post for info on the ROM base and theme, And battery info + more

I put alot of time/effort into making this ROM what it is. Making sure there are no bugs and it feels complete, please use the thanks button if you use my work. If your going to use my work for anything other than private/personal use please address this with me first

Smooth Maximus ROM V2.0

Code:
Changelog: 

[*]Managed to Keep ROM.zip Small (same size as v1.0 - 188MB)

[*]New SEXY Honeycomb Boot Animation from the XOOM

[*]Bali 1.0 Kernel (Voodoo Sound) [Much bettery Battery] Thanks Dr.Honk !

[*]Added Voodoo Control App to Improve Sound (Thanks Supercurio)

[*]Replaced Xperia Launcher with NEW "Touchwiz4" Launcher ! From SGSII (EXTREMELY SMOOTH!) Mod by Fr4gg0r

[*]Changed a Few Icons in apps/framework

[*]Init.d Tweaks to Improve Performance in Many areas

[*]Fugu Tweaks Updated

[*]Ram Optimizations (More free RAM > More speed/Less Lockups)

[*]Changed Some notification Icons to Match theme

[*]Added my Honeycomb theme (compatible with TW4 Launcher)

[*]Added Two New Digital Clock Widgets From the Xperia Arc

[*]Added Home Switcher App (easily set default Home)

[*]Added Battery Calibration ( you should re calibrate your battery if you didnt/dont flash this ROM on 100% Battery)

[*]SDcard Read Tweak (Faster Scanning)

[*]Default.prop edits > Added Su in adb

[*]Added BlackOut Gingerbread Keyboard

[*]Added Aurora LiveWallpaper (Smooth/Beautiful)

[*]Reverted Back to Default Swype

[*]Themed Theme Changer App .. lol

...+More (Updating as i Remember.)

Smooth Maximus ROM X

Code:
 Changelog:

[*] Most System Apps Icons themed

[*] AOSP Apps Replacing Touchwiz Apps for (Calculator, Email, Clock)

[*] Bali 2.2 Kernel (Voodoo Lagfix-Voodoo Sound)

[*] Transparent Gmail

[*] Themed Widgets (Google Search, Settings Toggle)

[*] Working Voice Recorder and Voice Dialer

[*] Back to Stock Transitions

[*] Removed Diguise Theme But left theme Chooser to prevent FC in setting when clicking theme settings

[*] Faster Gallery From Gingerbread With AOSP Movie Player (With a movie player integrated to allow watching videos with low battery)

[*] Notification Pulldown Background Themed, Text Color in Notification Bar is Blue

[*] Cleaned Up Init Scripts for stability, All Scripts Updated

[*] Juwe's RAM Script, Romans Permission script 

[*] Progress Bar Tweaked

[*] MMS/SMS Bubbles Modded

[*] New SMR - X Default Wallpaper

[*] 2 New LiveWallpapers ported

[*] Added Transparency in Menus with blue touch

[*] Framework optimized and Cleaned Up ALOT, and Many icons changed to make theme complete

[*] New Themed Dialer With Video Call Ability (Not Recommended to use yet, Orientation is Incorrect and im working on a separate Fix)

[*] Swipe Calling From Call log (Like in Messages)

[*] Modded Call log to Display "calls only" So messages dont clog up logs)

[*] All Apps Up to date ( including Maps this time ;p )

[*] Themed Swype is Back

[*] Sticky Lockscreen Fixed (Smoother Unlocking)

[*] Removed AmbientTime launcher as its still buggy

[*] Added Arc Launcher back with my honeycomb theme

[*] Fixed many Images in Landscape Mode

[*] Euguenes GB Launcher (Fast, 3D Drawer, Landscape Capable)

See This Post for Download to Smooth Maximus X ! ! Smooth at its Maximum . .

Attachments

• snap20110616_200622.jpg
    snap20110616_200622.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,886
  • snap20110616_204118.jpg
    snap20110616_204118.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,693
  • snap20110616_191948.jpg
    snap20110616_191948.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,656
  • snap20110616_191308.jpg
    snap20110616_191308.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,603
  • snap20110616_191029.jpg
    snap20110616_191029.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,728
  • snap20110616_190722.jpg
    snap20110616_190722.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,556
  • snap20110616_190510.jpg
    snap20110616_190510.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,611
  • snap20110616_191500.jpg
    snap20110616_191500.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,469
Last edited:

ayoteddy

Jun 5, 2009
Install Instructions: Read Carefully.

Flash though CWM

*The CWM that comes from ROM manager seems to have a problem. When Wiping/Factory Resetting CWM freezes at sdcard/.android_secure, then you'd have to pull battery. it may also have a problem Restoring backups, stopping at sdcard/.android_secure. If you used CWM from ROM manager and had No problems then congrats, But i recommend you download the update.zip (i renamed to CWM3XX.zip so it doesnt replace the CWM you already have) i attached to this post incase you run into these problems, then from CWM you can flash the CWM3XX.zip and it will Flash a CWM that has No problems at all, this CWM i got from Krylon360 before it was Added to ROM Manager. it would be smart to keep that on your SD Until this issue is addressed.

Instructions -

- Put zip file in your /sdcard
- Reboot into cwm recovery
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Wipe Cache Partition

*Now before you Flash, Only if this is your FIRST time Flashing a Custom ROM otherwise ignore the mounts/unmount part*
MAKE SURE YOUR MOUNTS LOOK LIKE THIS: (Go to mounts and storage from CWM recovery)

UNMOUNT CACHE
MOUNT DATA
MOUNT SDCARD
UNMOUNT SYSTEM

- Now its safe to Flash the .zip

after you flash, go back to mounts and storage (before rebooting, AGAIN IGNORE if this isnt your First time) and make sure your mounts look like this

UNMOUNT CACHE
MOUNT DATA
UNMOUNT SDCARD
UNMOUNT SYSTEM

(To First Time installers, System Needs to be set to Unmount, though it would really be mounted. If you do Not do this you will have a softbrick and will have to ODIN to stock and start all over ....)

Download Smooth Maximus ROM X (187.48 MB) >>>>>>>>> Download!!

About the ROM itself..

This ROM is build from the Sidekick 4G KD1/Samsung Galaxy S 4G KD1. Most system apps are from the SGS4G. This Theme is based on a Honeycomb Setting. Though its a combination on Honeycomb 3.0, Xperia Arc and Xperia Play, Sense 3.0, and Galaxy S II. There is A LOT of themed apps inside. Id say pretty much most of them are themed and more to come. The Icons and Menus of Most of the app are bright and colorful. This ROM has a lot of the bloat from Tmobile removed. If You want your battery to be at best on this ROM then don't Flash this ROM on 100% so your battery stats remain correct.

Theme Manager is in this ROM but only the Disguise Theme is Available at the moment..

If you have any force closes/bugs/problems please report them asap.

I have credits to give will update in the morning when finishing OP.

Attachments

• CWM3XX.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,645
Last edited:

jahnbodah

Jun 5, 2009
And just wanna clarify, we need to flash new CWM file from within current (broken) CWM. right? ...Or just rename to update.zip and put on SD card?

Last edited:

Reviewers

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I can't wait until this is uploaded , it sound's amazing really & since it's the first CUSTOM ROM , i am really exicted to see how it is .

ayoteddy

Jun 5, 2009
Can we get some screen caps?

And just wanna clarify, we need to flash new CWM file from within current (broken) CWM. right? ...Or just rename to update.zip and put on SD card?

Screenies posted. and you can download and rename to update.zip that will work fine

sduvick

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 15, 2010
MN
Ayo, what's the music player in your notification bar? I would love to have something like that! also, I'm working on a theme of my own from your stock deodex now, if it ever looks half decent I'll add it, but for now, yours beats the crap out of mine. I'll prob use yours when it's done and final.

jahnbodah

Jun 5, 2009
cool, thanks for the quick response!

...is there ANY CHANCE AT ALL... (Highly doubtful) that we could get the theme manager on stock rom (and possibly still in yours) working with the CM7 theme apks?

Like I said, highly doubtful, but that would be epic win.

sduvick

Oct 15, 2010
MN
jahnbodah: The CM7 Theme manager is dependent on GingerBread, so until we have a gingerbread port, we can't use it.

Reactions: ayoteddy

ayoteddy

Jun 5, 2009
Ayo, what's the music player in your notification bar? I would love to have something like that! also, I'm working on a theme of my own from your stock deodex now, if it ever looks half decent I'll add it, but for now, yours beats the crap out of mine. I'll prob use yours when it's done and final.

its a Modded MusicMod music player based on the aosp froyo google android music player. Only this one is modded to work with the lockscreen and in notification bar.

And The theme and ROM is complete. But I Wont say the ROM is final unless you guys agree on that so there might be minor updates. This is just the first release so i can get feedback and see what you guys think.

sduvick

Oct 15, 2010
MN
is it possible to post that apk? I would love to have that in my notification bar without having to download a full rom...

Would you consider porting your Scarlet LeftOvers v6 Theme? Took a look at it and looks wonderful.

ayoteddy

Jun 5, 2009
is it possible to post that apk? I would love to have that in my notification bar without having to download a full rom...

Would you consider porting your Scarlet LeftOvers v6 Theme? Took a look at it and looks wonderful.

yea i'll send you a dropbox link in a few
&nd as for Scarlet Leftovers.. i was thinking about it, maybe if i have time this weekend i can work on porting it.

i Recommend you try out the ROM if you dont mind flashing a new ROM though, the experience is so much different from what this phone comes as

sduvick

Oct 15, 2010
MN
Ok, you win i'll try your rom tomorrow :] I'm really looking forward to your/our ext4/lagfix work in a future rom, hopefully we can get that part figured out.

Reactions: ayoteddy

Reviewers

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Finished downloading the ROM , flashing it on now . Will post a review in the afternoon tommorrow after school . & how did you take screen shot's from the phone .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the First Custom ROM for The Sidekick 4G

ATTENTION: There HAS been an update to This ROM .. its Called Smooth Maximus GingerClone. That from here on will be my Flagship ROM and will be recieving all of the future Updates . .
    It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED That you Update to this GingerClone Version as it has much more than this ROM (See it Here) ALL of the themed apps + framework from this ROM will soon be available to Flash on the Gingerclone ROM. But i Think you should try out the Gingerbread/SHSII theme for a while its pretty clean and slick ! Thanks for your Time and Happy Flashing !!

rbxm50.png

2nw1j0h.png

See videos of this ROM in action Here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AVNbhk6QKo -Thanks FawkReviewz
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrFyiVKkDXo -Thanks Datlilboricua

Smooth Maximus ROM v1.0​
    *Release Candidate* - by ayOteddy

Base: SK4G.KD1/SGS4G.UVKD1
    Rooted with Modded Recovery to enable flashing into CWM
    Deodexed 100%
    Updated All apps (I think Maps may have updated again)
    Debloated
    Kernel: Stock KD1
    Modem: KD1
    Custom Theme with Honeycomb system app icons (took away about 95% of the childish sidekick look)
    Custom Default Font (See Screenshots)
    Custom Transitions/Animations
    Themed Lockscreen
    * Fugu Tweaks (Gingerbread 2.3.3 binaries, Increases responsivness)
    Custom Shutdown animation and sound

Launchers Included:

* Xperia Arc Launcher ( It was themed by me to have the Honeycomb look to match my ROM theme. This Launcher has very cool animations when deleting apps, moving widgets/icons. The folders are very cool also.)

* AmbientTime Launcher (When this Launcher is set as Default launcher, you can enable/disable the lockscreen intergrated in the app. This launcher and its lockscreen has a default livewallpaper and isn't changeable its very cool though)

Additional Apps:

* Honeycomb Themed Market
    * Quick Boot app included for easy rebooting/rebooting to recovery/download.
    * Spare Parts (Useful Tool, can speed up/slow down animations)
    * Media Room was removed -- It was replaced by a Touchwiz Video player app, And 2 Music Players (MIUI Music Player, and a AOSP Music player Modded to Work with the Pulldown And Lockscreen)

Additional Widgets:
    * Honeycomb themed google clock widget.
    * LG Boomarks
    * LG Memo
    * LG Music Player widget that works with the Aosp music player included

Keyboards Included:
    * Swype and Samsung Keyboard included. The Swype Keyboard is themed to match the theme aswell. Request the Default swype if you want it.

..If there are any apps that you need that are removed just request them. Download Super Manager from the market and enable root in the setting, then you can push the app to your system

Download and instructions in Second Post..

Be sure to Read the rest of the second post for info on the ROM base and theme, And battery info + more

I put alot of time/effort into making this ROM what it is. Making sure there are no bugs and it feels complete, please use the thanks button if you use my work. If your going to use my work for anything other than private/personal use please address this with me first

Smooth Maximus ROM V2.0

Code:
    Changelog: 

[*]Managed to Keep ROM.zip Small (same size as v1.0 - 188MB)

[*]New SEXY Honeycomb Boot Animation from the XOOM

[*]Bali 1.0 Kernel (Voodoo Sound) [Much bettery Battery] Thanks Dr.Honk !

[*]Added Voodoo Control App to Improve Sound (Thanks Supercurio)

[*]Replaced Xperia Launcher with NEW "Touchwiz4" Launcher ! From SGSII (EXTREMELY SMOOTH!) Mod by Fr4gg0r

[*]Changed a Few Icons in apps/framework

[*]Init.d Tweaks to Improve Performance in Many areas

[*]Fugu Tweaks Updated

[*]Ram Optimizations (More free RAM > More speed/Less Lockups)

[*]Changed Some notification Icons to Match theme

[*]Added my Honeycomb theme (compatible with TW4 Launcher)

[*]Added Two New Digital Clock Widgets From the Xperia Arc

[*]Added Home Switcher App (easily set default Home)

[*]Added Battery Calibration ( you should re calibrate your battery if you didnt/dont flash this ROM on 100% Battery)

[*]SDcard Read Tweak (Faster Scanning)

[*]Default.prop edits > Added Su in adb

[*]Added BlackOut Gingerbread Keyboard

[*]Added Aurora LiveWallpaper (Smooth/Beautiful)

[*]Reverted Back to Default Swype

[*]Themed Theme Changer App .. lol

Smooth Maximus ROM X

Code:
     Changelog:

[*] Most System Apps Icons themed

[*] AOSP Apps Replacing Touchwiz Apps for (Calculator, Email, Clock)

[*] Bali 2.2 Kernel (Voodoo Lagfix-Voodoo Sound)

[*] Transparent Gmail

[*] Themed Widgets (Google Search, Settings Toggle)

[*] Working Voice Recorder and Voice Dialer

[*] Back to Stock Transitions

[*] Removed Diguise Theme But left theme Chooser to prevent FC in setting when clicking theme settings

[*] Faster Gallery From Gingerbread With AOSP Movie Player (With a movie player integrated to allow watching videos with low battery)

[*] Notification Pulldown Background Themed, Text Color in Notification Bar is Blue

[*] Cleaned Up Init Scripts for stability, All Scripts Updated

[*] Juwe's RAM Script, Romans Permission script 

[*] Progress Bar Tweaked

[*] MMS/SMS Bubbles Modded

[*] New SMR - X Default Wallpaper

[*] 2 New LiveWallpapers ported

[*] Added Transparency in Menus with blue touch

[*] Framework optimized and Cleaned Up ALOT, and Many icons changed to make theme complete

[*] New Themed Dialer With Video Call Ability (Not Recommended to use yet, Orientation is Incorrect and im working on a separate Fix)

[*] Swipe Calling From Call log (Like in Messages)

[*] Modded Call log to Display "calls only" So messages dont clog up logs)

[*] All Apps Up to date ( including Maps this time ;p )

[*] Themed Swype is Back

[*] Sticky Lockscreen Fixed (Smoother Unlocking)

[*] Removed AmbientTime launcher as its still buggy

[*] Added Arc Launcher back with my honeycomb theme

[*] Fixed many Images in Landscape Mode

[*] Euguenes GB Launcher (Fast, 3D Drawer, Landscape Capable)

See This Post for Download to Smooth Maximus X ! ! Smooth at its Maximum . .
    Install Instructions: Read Carefully.

Flash though CWM

*The CWM that comes from ROM manager seems to have a problem. When Wiping/Factory Resetting CWM freezes at sdcard/.android_secure, then you'd have to pull battery. it may also have a problem Restoring backups, stopping at sdcard/.android_secure. If you used CWM from ROM manager and had No problems then congrats, But i recommend you download the update.zip (i renamed to CWM3XX.zip so it doesnt replace the CWM you already have) i attached to this post incase you run into these problems, then from CWM you can flash the CWM3XX.zip and it will Flash a CWM that has No problems at all, this CWM i got from Krylon360 before it was Added to ROM Manager. it would be smart to keep that on your SD Until this issue is addressed.

Instructions -

- Put zip file in your /sdcard
    - Reboot into cwm recovery
    - Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    - Wipe Cache Partition

*Now before you Flash, Only if this is your FIRST time Flashing a Custom ROM otherwise ignore the mounts/unmount part*
    MAKE SURE YOUR MOUNTS LOOK LIKE THIS: (Go to mounts and storage from CWM recovery)

UNMOUNT CACHE
    MOUNT DATA
    MOUNT SDCARD
    UNMOUNT SYSTEM

- Now its safe to Flash the .zip

after you flash, go back to mounts and storage (before rebooting, AGAIN IGNORE if this isnt your First time) and make sure your mounts look like this

UNMOUNT CACHE
    MOUNT DATA
    UNMOUNT SDCARD
    UNMOUNT SYSTEM

(To First Time installers, System Needs to be set to Unmount, though it would really be mounted. If you do Not do this you will have a softbrick and will have to ODIN to stock and start all over ....)

Download Smooth Maximus ROM X (187.48 MB) >>>>>>>>> Download!!

About the ROM itself..

This ROM is build from the Sidekick 4G KD1/Samsung Galaxy S 4G KD1. Most system apps are from the SGS4G. This Theme is based on a Honeycomb Setting. Though its a combination on Honeycomb 3.0, Xperia Arc and Xperia Play, Sense 3.0, and Galaxy S II. There is A LOT of themed apps inside. Id say pretty much most of them are themed and more to come. The Icons and Menus of Most of the app are bright and colorful. This ROM has a lot of the bloat from Tmobile removed. If You want your battery to be at best on this ROM then don't Flash this ROM on 100% so your battery stats remain correct.

Theme Manager is in this ROM but only the Disguise Theme is Available at the moment..

If you have any force closes/bugs/problems please report them asap.

I have credits to give will update in the morning when finishing OP.
    Smooth Maximus ROM X [Final]

Here it is . . Download at the bottom of this post.. please read this message before proceeding

WARNING *READ*

This Contains Bali 2.2 Voodoo lagfix Kernel, so when you flash this ROM it will enable voodoo lagfix upon reboot (if you dont want voodoo for some odd reason, right after flashing the ROM and before rebooting out to recovery you can stop the conversion before it starts by going to voodoo options in recovery and select disable voodoo on next reboot) if you have voodoo enabled before flashing this ROM you do NOT have to disable it.
    you have to be safe with this because it converts your file systems from rfs to ext4 which makes your phone much faster overall, but if you have voodoo lagfix (ext4) enabled and flash a ROM NOT Containing a voodoo lagfix kernel (Prev. versions of Smooth Maximus) you will end up in a soft brick, meaning you have to wipe your phone and ODIN starting all over again. To simply avoid soft bricking when flashing a ROM that doesnt contain a voodoo kernel, "disable voodoo" in recovery before flashing the non voodoo ROM.. it takes just a few minutes

Smooth Maximus ROM X >>> Download

Please enjoy i know you will ;)
    Sorry guys, Couldnt upload last i didnt get home til 3AM X.x

Anyways, this ROM is definitely worth that Wait ! Trust me ..
    Download link Below, Take a Look at the Images Below of the Touchwiz4 Launcher which was used to replace the Xperia Arc Launcher (With My Honeycomb Theme On the Launcher, Also at the Bottom of This Post).

The Touchwiz4 Launcher Has ALOT of Settings and is Very Customizable, Big Thanks to Fr4gg0r for this Mod. See His Official Thread Here to see what this Launcher is Capable of.

Also themed theme manager for fun lol (pic below) Changelog on the OP is now updated and Final !

Be sure to read the Install instructions in the Second Post
    Smooth Maximus ROM v2.0 !! >>>>> Download!!!!
    If you enjoy the ROM be sure to use the "thanks" button :)
    Smooth Maximus ROM X [Final]

long ass changelog and pics are now in the OP .. instructions and link coming up ina few