What's the difference

Search This thread

Harris.S.Newman

Mar 2, 2015
What's the difference between a mt2l03 and a consumer cellular ascend mate 2? I guess I'm asking why the cc won't take the beta images...

Sent from my MT2L03 using XDA Free mobile app

Harris.S.Newman

Mar 2, 2015
I've read all of the information about CC vs MT2L03, but don't understand if the hardware is IDENTICAL between the two devices why we can't simply image the CC as a MT2L03.

kimtyson

Oct 30, 2006
York, Pa
LeEco Le 2
I've read all of the information about CC vs MT2L03, but don't understand if the hardware is IDENTICAL between the two devices why we can't simply image the CC as a MT2L03.

Maybe ask in the thread I linked to. There are more CC folks in there. I actually don't know the answer. I believe the CC stock rom is different from the Huawei stock rom. That means you have to go through different contortions to get the stock Huawei rom onto the CC. It can be done, though.
The beta test rom is made for the Huawei rom. To install the test you need to be at stock. I believe that is why it won't work. I am too lazy to do the research, though, because I don't have a CC and I really don't care.

Moody66

Nov 6, 2013
Uhrichsville

They are the same. The CC version has a rom that has been slightly modified for CC. There is a post in the dev section for turning your cc into a stock mate two.

medwatt

Oct 26, 2013
They are the same. The CC version has a rom that has been slightly modified for CC. There is a post in the dev section for turning your cc into a stock mate two.

. . . and I am a living testament to that. I converted my CC into stock version 148 3+ months ago. As far as I can tell, I'm on stock and I specifically installed the stock rom just so that I'd be in the position to try L as it gets released. But we all know what happened :(.

Reactions: Moody66

baii

Oct 2, 2013
It have a w.e they call it cc partition that have slightly different info compare to stock mate2. That prevent you from using stock mate2 updates and what not.

Sent from my 306SH

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

. . . and I am a living testament to that. I converted my CC into stock version 148 3+ months ago. As far as I can tell, I'm on stock and I specifically installed the stock rom just so that I'd be in the position to try L as it gets released. But we all know what happened :(.