How to install recovery?

Search This thread

Daniel_liu

Nov 27, 2010
who can tell me how to install recovery by terminal, cause i don't know how to use adb shell,.
when i input the adb shell to cmd, it is always showing "erro, device not found", but i have installed the usb drivers.
hope someone can help me!!!
thanks

eigokyoukan

Feb 2, 2010
Cincinnati
Are you making sure to set USB Debug Mode?

Settings>Applications>Development>Check "USB Debugging"

Make sure you are set to charge only, not USB Disk Mode.

Also make sure you have rooted first. I used Z4Root from the Market.

Just a couple basic things to check... I do not know of a way personally to do it through the terminal, I used ADB.

Reactions: vantruongsinh

jtaylor63

Nov 29, 2010
who can tell me how to install recovery by terminal, cause i don't know how to use adb shell,.
when i input the adb shell to cmd, it is always showing "erro, device not found", but i have installed the usb drivers.
hope someone can help me!!!
thanks
Put recovery-RA-GNM-thunderg-1.1.0.img and flash_image on the sdcard. Then open the terminal (you can use terminal emulator, from market) and give the following commands:

$ su

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system

# cat /mnt/sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image

# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image

# flash_image recovery /mnt/sdcard/recovery-RA-GNM-thunderg-1.1.0.img

# reboot recovery

Daniel_liu

Nov 27, 2010
Thanks very much,
i have solved the problem with the termiral,
but now i want to know if the hongkong version can flash the rom of v10c and other custom rom?

lgaut

Mar 9, 2010
Hello,

I've tried to install recovery but when my phone reboot I've got
Code:
Fastboot mode started 
udc_start()

Somebody can help me ?

thx

ps: sorry for my poor english

lgaut

Mar 9, 2010
Yes, when i start my phone, i use key : vol_down + home + power, and juste after LG splashscreen, black screen with this code

jtaylor63

Nov 29, 2010
It looks like you got into fastboot mode. Try flashing the recovery image using fastboot. If it doesn't work, enter emergency mode and flash the original firmware with kdz updater.

lgaut

Mar 9, 2010
When i try
Code:
fastboot.exe flash boot recovery-RA-GNM-thunderg-1.1.0.img

I've this message :
Code:
sending 'boot' (4910 KB)... OKAY
writing 'boot'... FAILED (remote: flash write failure)

jtaylor63

Nov 29, 2010
When i try
Code:
fastboot.exe flash boot recovery-RA-GNM-thunderg-1.1.0.img

I've this message :
Code:
sending 'boot' (4910 KB)... OKAY
writing 'boot'... FAILED (remote: flash write failure)
:eek:
The image recovery-RA-GNM-thunderg-1.1.0.img has to be flashed on the recovery partition, not on the boot partition. The right command is:

fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery-RA-GNM-thunderg-1.1.0.img

lgaut

Mar 9, 2010
I try but the same message :'(

can you explain me how enter emergency mode and flash the original firmware with kdz updater

The_ERROR

Nov 13, 2010
Ostrava (mostly)
0) remove SDCARD
1) Turn on USB debugging
2) Run KDZ updater
3) select 3GQCT and DIAG mode for connect/flashing
4) Chose fimrware (you can chose from one of original-one)
5) Start flashing
- for few seconds phone will turn itself into emergency mode and flashing will start
- then it shutdown itself
- keep everything as it is and turn it on again
- some message in log will appear and it should be successfully ended (I disconnected it for first time when phone was shutdown and it don't start up correctly after)
6) Sorry for my poor english. Too much verb tenses form me :eek:

Last edited:

arvinoids

Jul 12, 2010
Cebu
Hi. I have a few questions about flashing the firmware...

0) remove SDCARD
1) Turn on USB debugging
My phone cannot go to the regular screen, just Emergency mode now. I am not very sure if it was on USB debugging or not. Is this necessary?

2) Run KDZ updater
How do I get this KDZ updater and can you tell me which EXE file is the updater?

5) Start flashing
- for few seconds phone will turn itself into emergency mode and flashing will start
- some message in log will appear and it should be successfully ended (I disconnected it for first time when phone was shutdown and it don't start up correctly after)
I have the firmware for my phone, but I am not exactly sure how to do the "Start Flashing" part.

I am a noob with the Optimus One, but I have definitely worked on a Samsung Spica for some time before I got this P500. And the difference is HUGE!

The_ERROR

Nov 13, 2010
Ostrava (mostly)

My phone cannot go to the regular screen, just Emergency mode now. I am not very sure if it was on USB debugging or not. Is this necessary?

I'm not sure, if KDZ updater will connect to phone if it is in emergency mode. It needs to be tested.

How do I get this KDZ updater and can you tell me which EXE file is the updater?
Search for KDZ_FW_UPD.zip

I have the firmware for my phone, but I am not exactly sure how to do the "Start Flashing" part.
After unpacking of KDZ updater, and running them you will see Start button :)

Reactions: arvinoids

thesmoth

Jul 6, 2010
Is there a good walkthrough for a step-by-step guide to root and install recover on these phones (I have an Optimus T P509 phone, i'm told is the same as the Optimus One)?

saikrishnamraju

Aug 24, 2010
Hi Can you provide me the link for KDZ updater, can i do it through LG updater? Please advice

0) remove SDCARD
1) Turn on USB debugging
2) Run KDZ updater
5) Start flashing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you making sure to set USB Debug Mode?

Settings>Applications>Development>Check "USB Debugging"

Make sure you are set to charge only, not USB Disk Mode.

Also make sure you have rooted first. I used Z4Root from the Market.

Just a couple basic things to check... I do not know of a way personally to do it through the terminal, I used ADB.

I'm not sure, if KDZ updater will connect to phone if it is in emergency mode. It needs to be tested.

Search for KDZ_FW_UPD.zip

After unpacking of KDZ updater, and running them you will see Start button :)