[ROM RMS]IMM76I Based ICS 4.0.4 [5.25.12]

Should I continue building on this rom?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Globespy

Jun 19, 2008
Spaceship Earth
I have watched the comments and threads about GPS on the various ICS ROM's for the last several months and found out a couple of things. Hardware "may" have been changed by Samsung in the later built phones as these phones have the best GPS locking with various ICS ROM's. The older built phones (like mine) are more problematic. Some swear by the patch (see an earlier post on this thread), some by the hardware fixes ( lifting of the contact or adding solder to the contact) and some by the various ROM's. I lean toward the hardware change theory mostly. But this ROM is working for me after deep sleep. I think it interesting so much is made about GPS on the phones. They are not Garmin's. If GPS is ALL important get one. They work in some places a phone will not. I live in the Midwest and drive places where my phone looses signal. My dedicated GPS unit never does. Plus, remember the GPS did not work originally and Samsung dropped our beloved by some and hated by others phone like a hot potato. She be hard to brick, which is good for ROM junkies like us. My 2 cents worth.

You make some good points, I agree with your thoughts behind the hardware issues etc.
However, for me (and others), having functional GPS is not so much about using navigation (although it's handy if you are in a strange town on foot as the street view navigation for walking is cool), rather its about the ever increasing number of apps that mandate a good GPS signal to provide accurate locational based information. Yelp is a good example of the many.
Network location is horrible compared to a satellite lock, and it's for this reason many of us want a functional GPS lock.
I use my garmin for car trips like most people - even with working GPS on the vibrant, it's impractical to use it for long trips as the battery discharges faster than any charger can charge it! Even with fast charge, the GPS uses battery faster than it can be charged, so you will find yourself with a dead battery within an hour or so even when connected to the charger.

dbethards

Oct 13, 2011
Florence, AZ
You make some good points, I agree with your thoughts behind the hardware issues etc.
However, for me (and others), having functional GPS is not so much about using navigation (although it's handy if you are in a strange town on foot as the street view navigation for walking is cool), rather its about the ever increasing number of apps that mandate a good GPS signal to provide accurate locational based information. Yelp is a good example of the many.
Network location is horrible compared to a satellite lock, and it's for this reason many of us want a functional GPS lock.
I use my garmin for car trips like most people - even with working GPS on the vibrant, it's impractical to use it for long trips as the battery discharges faster than any charger can charge it! Even with fast charge, the GPS uses battery faster than it can be charged, so you will find yourself with a dead battery within an hour or so even when connected to the charger.

Touche.

dbethards

Oct 13, 2011
Florence, AZ
Reactions: Tha Maxx

jrongi1

Jul 16, 2011
Greenville, SC
If you have any fc's clear data for the offending app, and it may take a little longer to settle in. But given the chance it's a good thing.

Edit: Also be very careful if flashing anything else to the system folder it's very full and you can bootloop very easy.
That said no lag to speak of.

Vibrant MiuiV4 360° Productions

Last edited:
Reactions: Tha Maxx

endsonic

Sep 24, 2009
Sidoarjo
Not Rooted??

sorry guy.. this room not rooted??
i flash from CM9 and then flash this room i can't run titanium backup, root xplorer, etc..
Please tell me how to root ICS 4.0... :confused:

Thank's..

endsonic

Sep 24, 2009
Sidoarjo
yup, i wipe completely and format system before flash this rom..

anyway i back to stock 2.1-> root -> cm7 -> RMS ROM v1.6.3 again..??

*)edit:
Thank's your advice jrongi1.. now my vibrant is rooted.. :)

Last edited:

Panamon

Jan 1, 2012
Without the startup android wizard I can't figure out how to get the phone to auto download my apps.

Is there a manual way to get the apps to commence downloading?

Using >System Settings >Accounts & Sync to add my Google acct works for everything else but it has never auto synced my apps for me when I start from there.

Edit:
Oops. Meant this for the Slim ROM forum as the Dev removed the Startup Wizard from his ROM keep it as light as possible.
If someone knows the answer though...

Last edited:

Nabeel10

Sep 19, 2010
Houston, TX
Hey Tory, why not add an Odin Image of your rom? That way, it'll be an easy way to flash and less bugs for people who flash from CWM.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

Reactions: serendipityguy

jrongi1

Jul 16, 2011
Greenville, SC
Hey Tory, why not add an Odin Image of your rom? That way, it'll be an easy way to flash and less bugs for people who flash from CWM.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium
An Odin version of this would be awesome and dummy proof for most people.
Thanks again for the smooth Rom

It's more difficult than you might think (how many roms do you see with the option?)
And less dummy proof than CMW/recovery. If you do something wrong in Odin fixing it is much harder.

Vibrant MiuiV4 360° Productions

Reactions: Big Dog KMc

Top Liked Posts