[OFFICIAL]Google Wallet[2013.05.16][WORKING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

r3plica

Mar 1, 2008
norcal
Re: Simple Google Wallet R96 install on MA7 (Easier method for LJC)

Works for me, stock ma7 unrooted, tested on the vending machine on campus today

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

yankees45us

May 5, 2008

Worked for me. Was rooted with stock rom and custom recovery. Reverted back to stock rom and unrooted. Had to use triangle away to revert binary counter. But after successful update Google wallet now works. Can't wait to try it.

Sent from my Amazing Galaxy Note 2!

mr pnut

Oct 20, 2011
Compton Ca.

None of the AOSP ROMs (including CM) can use Google Wallet because they do not (yet) have access to the NFC and Secure Element (Samsung proprietary). If you want to use Wallet, you'll need to switch to a TW-based ROM.

Well I'm using my Google wallet on liquid smooth ROM 4.2.2 and works really good:D

Reactions: KEYofR

yankees45us

May 5, 2008

Does CM 10.1 work with google wallet on any of the officially supported devices?

If so, was there anything the developer of that device needed to do to support Google Wallet?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Check out this video on installing Google wallet on any rooted phone not running a touch wiz based rom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wFhy0O4hWc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010

Build prop editor on home screen. Nice :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

skoobz

Jan 21, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
i really don't know what the big deal is because there are only 7 places that utilize this feature (/sarcasm...there's only 2 places). i had a friend time our transaction, mine with my wallet and his with his nexus. we ordered and waited to say start and i dug into my wallet, pulled out my card, slid it in and entered my pin and was done quicker than it took him to pull his phone out, power it on, enter his pin to unlock it, get to the app, enter the pin and had took 2 tries to touch the paypass thing. all the while he almost drop his phone.

until there's more acceptance, it's something meh...i can live without. where i live i know mc'd accepts it and i'm not a fast food guy. sadly, i use the 4bucks app more because i use it to pay for my caffeine fix. i say sadly because it's not an exclusive feature i can rub my isheep friends with.

i undestand carriers, banks, cell manufacturers, ect are pushing hard against google but i don't know why google is caving in by not allowing this to work by hackers.

jefbal99

Aug 26, 2010
Well damn, changing the build prop gave me the ability to configure Google Wallet and add my cards, but it broke my Pod Catcher and Bluetooth headset. Reverting my build prop gives me back the default "Not Supported - Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network"

TirithXiato

Mar 18, 2012

That's why you need to change it to the modaco version...

k3v0

Nov 6, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio

Well damn, changing the build prop gave me the ability to configure Google Wallet and add my cards, but it broke my Pod Catcher and Bluetooth headset. Reverting my build prop gives me back the default "Not Supported - Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network"

Running Stock MA7?

If not, did you try the linked Xposed framework mod?

Lord Syrics Jr.

Nov 2, 2011
Jacksonville

I'm gonna go to stock from the cm10.1 nightlies to ma7 but I'm gonna use some mods and of course root. Will this still work?
In short
With root?
Deodexed?
Added mods? (4in1, any multi window, etc)

Sent from my Samsung "Nexus" 5.5

k3v0

Nov 6, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio

I'm gonna go to stock from the cm10.1 nightlies to ma7 but I'm gonna use some mods and of course root. Will this still work?
In short
With root?
Deodexed?
Added mods? (4in1, any multi window, etc)

Sent from my Samsung "Nexus" 5.5

I think it wil.

I just returned to LJC from deodexed MA7 because allshare didn't work. Google Wallet R96 did install and I was able to set it up successfully. I didn't have any mods and didn't try it at any vendors.

mike61096

Feb 10, 2012
could someone tell me why mine isnt working? I dont know if Im on Ma7 or LJC, but i tried both methods and got the same result. When I open wallet it says Not Supported "Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network." and i cant access the app.

k3v0

Nov 6, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio

could someone tell me why mine isnt working? I dont know if Im on Ma7 or LJC, but i tried both methods and got the same result. When I open wallet it says Not Supported "Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network." and i cant access the app.

Are you on a Sprint Galaxy Note 2 running a stock ROM?

Go into system settings > about device. What are the last 3 characters in the build number?

If on LJC. you need to enable the xposed framework module and reboot before you install wallet.

mike61096

Feb 10, 2012

I installed the framework and rebooted and still got nothing. I even tried using market helper to spoof my device to an S3. Maybe its because I tried the wallet install before but tried the build.prop edit method and didnt unistall everything from that when it didnt work?

Last edited:

jefbal99

Aug 26, 2010
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please discuss Wallet in this thread. With official google support, we don't need a variety of GW threads.

Step 1) Just download and install from google play

That's it

Google Wallet forced a reset of my secure element and the GW server stopped authenticating new SPH-L900 devices[2013.05.13]

WARNING: If you have a working google wallet you don't need to upgrade to v16.

UPDATE: Google Wallet stopped working? The xposed framework can help.

1) Download the Google Wallet R96 v16 Here

2) Follow the instructions, here, on using the Xposed framework to allow the R96 wallet apk to install.

Sent from my GN2 using Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT UPDATE TO LATEST WALLET APK. If you have one that currently works no need to update, it will most likely make your Google wallet inoperable.

I don't believe you I think you're full of it.

Dude why would I lie? Smh. It was working again on its own after it broke a few weeks ago. It just started to work after a reboot like three days ago. But I just broke the crap by resetting it from the wallet app settings.

Now I'm getting this. That's what the f I get for being dumb and experimenting :(

Re: Google Wallet R96 works on the Note2 with MA7

Hell yeah comfrimed working just used at 7-11 and McDonald's

Not to mention, you can't skip to step 10 without going through steps 1-9. So yes google wallet is in early adopter stage.

Everything you enjoy right now was once in early adopter stage. It doesn't get good and convenient and ubiquitous and reliable and feature rich on day one. Someone somewhere has to start using it when it only does one thing in one special circumstance and does so unreliably.

You only want to use finished products that other people developed? Ok. Have fun waiting for things to be handed to you all pre digested and with the bread crust cut off. Some people find it fun to do new things before they are effortless and common.