Persistent problem

Search This thread

zprovo

Feb 25, 2014
Hello,

SOOOOooooo I posted a thread a few days ago. Bear with me, this introductory post is long BUT it is worth including all details I can right from the start to cut down unnecessary communication.

Here goes the continuation in some kind of a bullet form timeline format:

-Bought fully functional d801
-rooted (using ioroot) and unlocked succesfully
-attempted to install twrp using freegee (it didnt work giving me comparable results to this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50501346&postcount=867)
-went on to install it manually from terminal emulator (I installed the rogers version as suggested by another user here as this is exactly my situation: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50502408&postcount=869
PROBLEMS STARTED HERE
-Tried many things
-Lost sleep
-Flashed succesfully using flash tool to the original firmware (D801V11B_00.kdz The EXACT same as the original. This is a Videotron (canadian) phone) I even flashed it twice. (still had the exact same issues
-Hard resetted countless times
-lost faith in humanity

Thats basically it so far.

Here are the symptoms:

-Imei = null
-Phone resets/reboots randomly and consistently every 5 to 15 seconds
-I can get all the way through to the android os all seems normal Except:
-No keyboard. ever.
-no wifi
-camera even works
-cant get into security and settings (crashes automatically into reboot)

Very good recent news thanks to advice from a memeber on here:
I tried in vain connecting to adb (always giving "offline") until someone suggested trying a different architecture (x64vsx86) or just different pc altogether.

It worked. Now the device is recognized and it says : "some serial number" device
and not "offline" as before
inputting "adb shell" yields: "shell@android:/ $"

I am open to answer any question.
I am open to try anything.
This phone is a total loss right now so I am obviously open to anything. :laugh:

Phone is still rooted according to "download mode" interface.
Stock recovery installed right now.
I have what I believe to be EFS backups outputted by the initial Ioroot rooting automation (modemstat1.img and modemstat2.img)

You folks are the best.

Much peace and love.:good:

Last edited:

nebula37

Jun 26, 2012
Your t-mobile, right. D801? (Not 100% on that) if you are, you need lg flash tool. I don't have a link because I'm on my phone but it's around. You need to download the T-Mobile files in the 1st post of the thread. Just follow the directions. Wish I had links

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Using that will bring you back to stock. From there you can root, twrp, and flash custom rom. Good luck

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

zprovo

Feb 25, 2014
I am not with t-mobile.

Phone is from Videotron (Canadian phone)

I have reinstalled the stock .kdz using flash tool and am also already rooted.

Still have the same issues.

I cannot install anything from wifi since it isnt working...

Any guides on how to install twrp using adb interface?

Or any other suggestions?

Will a custom rom really solve these kinds of issues?

Thanks a lot for the advice I really appreciate any input at this point.:good::good::good:

andro ninja

Jul 14, 2012
I am not with t-mobile.

Phone is from Videotron (Canadian phone)

I have reinstalled the stock .kdz using flash tool and am also already rooted.

Still have the same issues.

I cannot install anything from wifi since it isnt working...

Any guides on how to install twrp using adb interface?

Or any other suggestions?

Will a custom rom really solve these kinds of issues?

Thanks a lot for the advice I really appreciate any input at this point.:good::good::good:

Have you tried this http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/197 method.

Initially I tried almost everything but only this worked after couple of tries. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2449670

zprovo

Feb 25, 2014
Have you tried this http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/197 method.

Initially I tried almost everything but only this worked after couple of tries. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2449670

Ok really good news :laugh::good:

Making slow but certain progress here.

So just to update also: I now CAN acces the phone from my computer when I put it in PTP (camera) mode.

First I realized that root was installed but that I did not have the supersu installed. I realized this because I could not access "su" in adb shell.

So I reinstalled the ioroot. Complete success. Super su is in the apps and su commands work.

Next I went on to download the rogers TWRP file (even though my phone is a videotron phone) and install it using this:

su

dd if=/sdcard/recoveryfilename.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

Which worked!!!

I went to hard reset data and booted into the twrp interface.

I wiped everything from within twrp and went to reboot. it then informed that supersu was NOT installed on my phone and to slide the bar over if I wanted to install so I said yes...:confused:

But kind of bad news now:

Stuck at lg logo...:silly: Stays at lg logo and led is lit up changing from blue to green.

So what now?

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for the help everyone.:good:

andro ninja

Jul 14, 2012
See if you can get into recovery using adb or the holding the vol+pwr keys

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zprovo

Feb 25, 2014
See if you can get into recovery using adb or the holding the vol+pwr keys

Like into the TWRP interface?

Easily yes, I absolutely can.

Next?:p

(it also seems I can no longer access the internal storage from windows explorer, although the phone is being recognized in devices and printers as "modem LG G2"... It attains this status when it is stuck at the lg boot loading screen)

Last edited:

zprovo

Feb 25, 2014
Did you take any backup using TWRP earlier? If yes then restore it.
If no then you can push another ROM for your device on to sdcard using ADB and install it and see.

Ok I will try this now.

If you could provide with adb code example for copying a file to /sdcard i would really appreciate it.

Where do I go within the twrp recovery afterwards?

Thank you so much.:highfive:

andro ninja

Jul 14, 2012

andro ninja

Jul 14, 2012
Ok trying this now. Dont have acces to a linux right now so i hope I wont have to burn a live cd and all that fun stuff...:eek:

Thank you again. You seem to know a lot about this phone/android in general:good:

You don't really have to burn a CD/DVD, you can use a USB drive.

I don't know much though. I've been doing these things for quite some time now so have experience and I am totally free now so helping you here.

zprovo

Feb 25, 2014
Ok trying this now. Dont have acces to a linux right now so i hope I wont have to burn a live cd and all that fun stuff...:eek:

Thank you again. You seem to know a lot about this phone/android in general:good:

It WORKED!

Awesome fix.

adb devices now gives:

(device number) recovery

Ok going to copy a rom and kernel and try to install.

zprovo

Feb 25, 2014
Tried two different roms. Same result

Failed.

set_metadat_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error updating updater binary in .zip '/sdcard/...zip'

Wow just wow.

Any ideas?

This was with omni and cm11. Going to try with a stock rooted rom as soon as it finished downloading.

andro ninja

Jul 14, 2012
Tried two different roms. Same result

Failed.

set_metadat_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error updating updater binary in .zip '/sdcard/...zip'

Wow just wow.

Any ideas?

This was with omni and cm11. Going to try with a stock rooted rom as soon as it finished downloading.

look here http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/86979-cm-11-20140124-set-metadata-recursive-some-changes-failed/

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Just get a latest version of the recovery for your device and install it.

zprovo

Feb 25, 2014
look here http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/86979-cm-11-20140124-set-metadata-recursive-some-changes-failed/

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Just get a latest version of the recovery for your device and install it.

Ok so I managed to update the recovery to TWRP v.2.6.3.4

Installing all zips is working now.

I tried many combination of cm11 with kernels from this page: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2611749

Furthest I got was cyanogenmod logo on bottoms of screen for 10 seconds then boot and looping of the same thing over and over.

Omni rom also loaded up til the logo same thing though after.

Bell stock rom is still downloading I will update when I have tried it.

Any reason why the roms would bootloop like this?

Thank you again. I cant believe the progress you have helped me make...:good: I feel like it is possible I am very close to a functional phone again (maybe just maybe hehe)

andro ninja

Jul 14, 2012

I tried many combination of cm11 with kernels from this page: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2611749

Furthest I got was cyanogenmod logo on bottoms of screen for 10 seconds then boot and looping of the same thing over and over.

Thank you again. I cant believe the progress you have helped me make...:good: I feel like it is possible I am very close to a functional phone again (maybe just maybe hehe)

I remember I had same problem. I use to restore only the boot partition from a backup of a stock rom.
So try installing a stock rom like this one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2595586. If it works then boot into recovery and take a backup then install whatever you want to and the just restore the boot partition if your are stuck at boot logo.

zprovo

Feb 25, 2014

Ok just finished installing the stock bell rom from the site I linked in a previous post.

Stock D803 rom with stock D803 kernel, both installed succesfully.

Phone is back to exactly how it was when I started this thread. EXCEPT that I now also have TWRP running alongside it.

So that includes:
-*#06# = IMEI Null
-phone reboots randomly every 5 to 15 seconds
-keyboard never comes up
-widgets always have a "loading" circle spinning on them
-trying to enter security and settings = auto reboot
-all other options are accesible and useable as long as no keyboard is involved since it never comes up
-no wifi

Wow, this is one hard to fix phone.

Or it simply has hardware damage. but I doubt it since it has no issues running recovery.

Any ideas?:laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey you can always flash your stock firmware and then try these steps that worked for you