[Q] Bluetooth handsfree problem

Search This thread

abo999

Nov 23, 2008
I have a Sony bluetooth head unit in my car which supports handfree and audio streaming profiles. I can play my music through the head unit just fine via bluetooth. I can also make and receive calls without problem when I am listening to the radio (ie when I am not listening to my own music). However, when I am playing my own tunes and I either make or receive a call, the head unit indicates I am on a call, it mutes the music but I just get silence through the speakers.

I used to have a Galaxy S Advance and it all worked just fine without too much configuration on the phone or head unit; basically just pair them up, make sure the right boxes are ticked in the bluetooth options and thats it.

Any idea what the problem could be? I've tried an upgrade to 4.2.2 but it didn't help...

Last edited:

DeKiesel

Feb 7, 2012
Hi,

I have a similar problem. I can pair my s2 plus with cm11 from this thread to my car kit (Parrot MKi 9200). Playing music via phone on the car speakers works fine but when I place a call the receiving phone just gets loud static (and my voice very very silent).
I wanted to ask the developer of the cm11 I am using if he sees a way to exchange the bluetooth module (or what androis equivalent is) to the one of e.g. Android 4.1.2 because I know that one works perfectly. I am posting here because I havent reached 10 posts yet.

Of course I am open to other workarounds and ideas.

Thanks,
Kiesel

dan0004

Mar 3, 2014
Bluetooth

Same issue here,
everything (music etc.) is okay, but the phone connection.
I'm connecting to my Ford Sync.

I can connect, but then the quality of the voice is very very bad, I can hardly understand anything...
I thing there's a configuration file in the etc/ folder, maybe that need some upgrade?!?

Hope someone can help, because I really like to keep CM11 on my phone...

Dan

DeKiesel

Feb 7, 2012
This is a known problem wich has been asked 100 times before

Sent from my GT-I9105P using xda app-developers app
How is this message supposed to be of any help? Of course we know that. We have seen a lot of threads. I have read the whole bug report including all the comments on googlegroups, I have browsed dozens of websites and googled my ass of. What I didnt find was an explanation (at this point I dont expect to find a fast solution anymore). After reading the googlegroups bug call I thought it was a problem with the bluetooth stack that apparently is being redeveloped by google. But here cooldevelopment said it isnt a google problem.
I fully understand that it must be annoying for you to see this question a million times but please understand, that it is also annoying (and unsatisfactory) to not know whats going on.

safariking

Jan 4, 2012
Lelystad
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
How is this message supposed to be of any help? Of course we know that. We have seen a lot of threads. I have read the whole bug report including all the comments on googlegroups, I have browsed dozens of websites and googled my ass of. What I didnt find was an explanation (at this point I dont expect to find a fast solution anymore). After reading the googlegroups bug call I thought it was a problem with the bluetooth stack that apparently is being redeveloped by google. But here cooldevelopment said it isnt a google problem.
I fully understand that it must be annoying for you to see this question a million times but please understand, that it is also annoying (and unsatisfactory) to not know whats going on.

I know what you mean but i think the best method now is to wait until cooldev find a solution to this

Reactions: DeKiesel

kidmanis

Aug 8, 2013
Iasi
As this is a bluetooth problem topic, i just want to ask one question. Can't use the CM 11 and ROM's based on it, because the sound problems with connection in my car. So back to stock ROM. I flashed the cooldev's kernel to get a better battery life, but after flashing, bluetooth makes the same problem as CM. Do you guys have the same issue?

DeKiesel

Feb 7, 2012
As this is a bluetooth problem topic, i just want to ask one question. Can't use the CM 11 and ROM's based on it, because the sound problems with connection in my car. So back to stock ROM. I flashed the cooldev's kernel to get a better battery life, but after flashing, bluetooth makes the same problem as CM. Do you guys have the same issue?

Hmm, interesting. I will try this out as well. Might probably be a week though, I am leaving for holidays tonight and cant risk making my phone unusable. Maybe somebody else is willing to give it a try?

CoolDevelopment

Sep 25, 2013
Cologne

Thanks now i know where to search the problem.

DeKiesel

Feb 7, 2012
Hi,

here is a logcat of a bluetooth connection during a call on stock rom/stock kernel.
What I did:
-start logcat
-start bluetooth
-chose a contact
-call contact-
-talk for a minute
-hang up
-stop logcat

I then wanted to flash the mosh kernel and do the same again but the last time I checked there wasnt this huge plethora of different kernels to choose from. Very impressive work!
Could you tell me which one you would like me to flash and I would then redo everything?

Attachments

• stock.zip
    101.9 KB · Views: 32

DeKiesel

Feb 7, 2012
Hi,

I tried installing mosh kernel 1.8 and 1.85 (for stock, init.d enabled) on sazy rom but it didnt boot. It stayed at the very first screen you get when you turn the phone on. I then installed your cm11 build8, connected via bluetooth to my car and had someone call me.
Attached is the logcat.

Do I need the samsung stock rom for mosh kernel? I thought sazy rom was a stock rom?

Attachments

• cm11.zip
    72.3 KB · Views: 10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I know what you mean but i think the best method now is to wait until cooldev find a solution to this