[Q] HTC Desire 816 Help?

Search This thread

thenintendobros

Jun 4, 2014
Hello all,

This may be the wrong forum to post on, but I have a somewhat big problem. I have an HTC Desire 816w that came from China. I were hoping by rooting it, it would remove the restriction of Google and I could actually USE the phone. So I unlocked the bootloader, rooted the phone, flashed CWM, then flashed a ROM (KingSense DS). However, when I flashed the ROM, I was given the option to wipe the phone. I had 4 GB of bloatware so why the heck not. However this made the phone weird and it now only boots to fastboot. I tried flashing the DS ROM again but to no avail. We then tried other ROMs but they also did not work (would force close and abort installation).

So this is my question: how would I be able to fix this? I had an idea of finding the stock recovery.img and boot.img so it would at least boot into stock but I have no idea where to find them. I unfortunately couldn't back up the stock roms so I don't have that. Any solutions? Would anyone have a stock recovery.img and boot.img that they're willing to share? Is this phone still "repairable"? Please help! :S