[Q] Too many pattern attempts - LOCKED

Search This thread

nileshrparge

Nov 8, 2011
Pune
Hello everyone.
Today I left my phone (galaxy S2) in my cousin's hand, and he tried to unclock my screen lock pattern. After too many attempts, my phone got lcoked and it asked me to sign in using my google account. I did so, and the phone got unlocked.
But when I press the lock button, or the phone gets locked automatically and I press the lock button to unlock it, the "too many pattern attempts" screen comes back again. Also my sim card is not being detected even though its there.
I have tried rebooting the phone, disabling the screen lock patten in security settings, disabling google account. Nothing has helped so far!

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
When you disabled the screen lock setting, what happens? You could try booting into recovery and wiping cache. If that doesn't work, then you'll probably have to factory reset.

nileshrparge

Nov 8, 2011
Pune
When I disable it, nothing happens, as in it shows that it is disabled on the security settings. But when I press the lock button, the too many attempts screens comes back again. I tried a fctory reset too. Its still there! This is so frustrating!

savalan85

Dec 2, 2011
No you don't have to Flash

Try this please:

It was all about this "Two-Step Verification" security of google!

I tried everything... and I mean EVERYTHING (except flashing my XooM), but at the edge of giving up, I signed into my google account and issued an "Application Specific Password" for Xoom from my Google account.

I used my username@gmail.com with that Application Specific Password and it worked. (do not enter spaces in the password)

mato.mago

Apr 26, 2011
There is one solution

Hello,

I had similar problem with my Motorola Xoom WiFi. My friends was playing with my tablet and they was trying to guess my login pattern. Unfortunately sign in via Google account did not worked and WiFi network was turned off. So I was looking for way how to unlock it without root access.

Finally I found it. I wrote an application which turns on WiFi. It is quite simple. There is one requirement, you have to have enabled debuge mode. After installing app via IDE (eg. Eclipse) WiFi is connected to known network and you can log in with your Google account. There is also possibility to set network parameters in app code before compilation.

I hope this helps someone with this problem. At the end I want apologize for my poor english :)

Regards...

imankarimi

Feb 3, 2012
Hello,

I had similar problem with my Motorola Xoom WiFi. My friends was playing with my tablet and they was trying to guess my login pattern. Unfortunately sign in via Google account did not worked and WiFi network was turned off. So I was looking for way how to unlock it without root access.

Finally I found it. I wrote an application which turns on WiFi. It is quite simple. There is one requirement, you have to have enabled debuge mode. After installing app via IDE (eg. Eclipse) WiFi is connected to known network and you can log in with your Google account. There is also possibility to set network parameters in app code before compilation.

I hope this helps someone with this problem. At the end I want apologize for my poor english :)

Regards...

Hi dear
I have same problem too.
may you explain more. and could you put your application here?
thanks for your help in advance

brett46373

Feb 26, 2012
locked out

Hello everyone.
Today I left my phone (galaxy S2) in my cousin's hand, and he tried to unclock my screen lock pattern. After too many attempts, my phone got lcoked and it asked me to sign in using my google account. I did so, and the phone got unlocked.
But when I press the lock button, or the phone gets locked automatically and I press the lock button to unlock it, the "too many pattern attempts" screen comes back again. Also my sim card is not being detected even though its there.
I have tried rebooting the phone, disabling the screen lock patten in security settings, disabling google account. Nothing has helped so far!

Sometimes simple is best. If you saved the rom, go into recovery and restore the saved rom.