50GB free from Box.net by editing your Xoom Build.prop

Search This thread

wes_s

Jul 27, 2008
Box.net is giving away 50Gb to people with LG android devices.

I edited my xoom build.prop with root explorer, rebooted, installed box from the market, and signed in.
Here are the values i edited

ro.product.model=VS910 4G
ro.product.manufacturer=LGE

It might be wise to make a nandroid.

Once you have your 50GB for life feel free to restore you build.prop to its original state. The 50GB won't evaporate.

Last edited:

LastQuark

Feb 16, 2011
Worked here. Xoom Wifi. Will this renew automatically every year?

Edt: Got it. It works for life!

Last edited:

Phylar

Aug 19, 2010
haha this is awesome. I have a Google Apps domain, and they offered 50BG free accounts to my "coworkers" (any other alias at my domain) so I made a bunch of nicknames, so now I have 1.5TB free :D sure 100mb file limits, but I'm ziping up all my photos in 99mb chunks and backing it up on one account. Now I don't need to buy that bluray drive. Sweet!

Ferradinho

Mar 20, 2010
PDX
Easier method is to just go down to your local VZW (or other wireless store that uses live devices) and log in on one of the demo devices. Might as well login to dropbox on a Sense 3.5 device while you are there too and get your extra 3GB storage there also...
Just make sure you log out when you are done!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA

I edited my xoom build.prop with root explorer, rebooted, installed box from the market, and signed in.

After signing in to box.net account this way, can you change the build.prop back?

chrisdoom

Feb 6, 2008
Works like a charm!

Excellent find! And not to be worried; the 50GB still remains after changing the build.prop back to it's original settings.

Reactions: KidJoe

LastQuark

Feb 16, 2011
haha this is awesome. I have a Google Apps domain, and they offered 50BG free accounts to my "coworkers" (any other alias at my domain) so I made a bunch of nicknames, so now I have 1.5TB free :D sure 100mb file limits, but I'm ziping up all my photos in 99mb chunks and backing it up on one account. Now I don't need to buy that bluray drive. Sweet!

How did you get this offer on Google Apps domain? I also have Google Apps domain buy I didn't received the offer.

d3athsd00r

Feb 24, 2011
Not to be the wet blanket here, but isn't this the same thing as stealing tether?

I think of it as finding loopholes in the judicial system that allows murderers, rapists, etc. get out of going to jail because of something stupid even though all the evidence points towards them being guilty. If they can get away with murder, then I can get 50GB of free online storage.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Reactions: shatner

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Once you have your 50GB for life feel free to restore you build.prop to its original state. The 50GB won't evaporate.
    This worked for me without root some time ago but it might still work.

Once you set up your account install this apk

http://www.mediafire.com/?6uzjl6hjtxtindl

Put in your account info and then hit the free 50g tab below it.

Then I checked and my 50g were there on my account. After that I
    Changed the password on my account just to be safe.

I did this via my xoom fe by the way.

Good luck and let use know if this still works.

Sent from my MZ505 using Tapatalk
    Works like a charm!

Excellent find! And not to be worried; the 50GB still remains after changing the build.prop back to it's original settings.
    Not to be the wet blanket here, but isn't this the same thing as stealing tether?

I think of it as finding loopholes in the judicial system that allows murderers, rapists, etc. get out of going to jail because of something stupid even though all the evidence points towards them being guilty. If they can get away with murder, then I can get 50GB of free online storage.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium
    Didnt work for me, M601 Xoom Euro 3G with Tiamat 3,2 Rom.

Edited build prop, installed Box, signed with the box app and says 5 gb only :-/

use this as suggested by LaloHigh .... works without rooting and changing build.prop file

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21301422&postcount=53