What keyboard do you use?

Search This thread

Dillsnik

Nov 29, 2006
I keep hearing people say Swype and for the life of me I have tried it, but it just seems to make top many mistakes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

nm3th

Jul 2, 2009
SoCal
I keep hearing people say Swype and for the life of me I have tried it, but it just seems to make top many mistakes

Lol. What keyboard are you using? If you typed that with Swype (timely typo), then maybe try to adjust the sensitivity and maybe checkout the tutorial. I was having issues too until I played around with it. Now it's my go to keyboard. Good luck

ryanbmw51

Jun 9, 2011
Winter Park, FL
I use ics keyboard from market. If you look around in the setting menu you will found some nice themeing options. Cool ones...free

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Last edited:

Raiderman

May 27, 2010
Nampa, ID USA
Smart keyboard here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331089768406.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331089768406.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 667

Dacian

Dec 20, 2007
I used to use Better Keyboard before it was taken off the Market, but now I use ICS keyboard previously mentioned. If I ever used landscape to type, I'd grab a thumb keyboard.

lactardjosh

Dec 25, 2010
I use Swype and I have a terrible time going back to any keyboard that doesn't have some sort of swiping interaction.

I have pretty large hands and I can reach all the way across the screen with my thumb, so I can hold and use the keyboard with the same hand. I don't think I'd be able to do that without a swiping keyboard.

btothec

May 11, 2011
I use swiftkey tablet X but there is one thing that annoys me to not end. The little area to the left of the "a" I seem to always hit vibrates when you click it but results in no "a".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331135745306.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331135745306.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 386

techntrek

Oct 29, 2007
MD
Swype, but I use it like a standard keyboard (no 'swyping'). I use it because it has a hidden keyboard which makes cursor movement and other editing keys available. I came from a phone that had a mini joystick which made cursor movements around a text box very easy.

If you are wondering, to bring up the hidden keyboard you swype from the swype button to the right to the EN/'World' button.

lastdeadmouse

Swype, but I use it like a standard keyboard (no 'swyping'). I use it because it has a hidden keyboard which makes cursor movement and other editing keys available. I came from a phone that had a mini joystick which made cursor movements around a text box very easy.

If you are wondering, to bring up the hidden keyboard you swype from the swype button to the right to the EN/'World' button.

Quite a few keyboards in the market have hidden cursors. Perfect keyboard and Gingerbread keyboard (by Stephen Lin I think) have hold, slide up space bar to get cursors.

Sent from my SGH-I717R

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Better keyboard 8! Only available on the Amazon market now, but best ever!

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk
    63710e09-d307-e3c3.jpg
    I have used Thumb Keyboard on my Dell Streak for 2 years. I have been using it on the Samsung Note. On both devices I use the device only in Landscape mode.

I do have an issue with the Thumb Keyboard. Some times it thinks it is in portrait when the device is in landscape. Check out this pic.

t1.png

If set the device to portrait and then back to landscape it goes back to this.

t2.png

I posted this issue on the company the wrote the apps support forum 2 weeks ago. No responce.
    Swype.
    Sadly though, I have forgotten how to type regular lol. I don't even use my S-Pen much because it is still faster for me to Swype then write with the pen.

Same here. I use SlideIT keyboard which has swype capabilities. It works great!
    Ill defend hackers with my life.

Sent from my SGH-I717R using xda premium