[NEW] NT CM7 support thread

Search This thread

movrshakr

Jan 20, 2011
I had the same problem at one time, but don't remember the fix.
It was either
changing to fewer rows of icons,
changing icon size, or
undoing a density hack
I had put in to make things larger...one of those.

2x2709

Mar 2, 2012
VPN PPTP

I am running the SD version of CM7 on Nook Tablet. I am trying to use my VPN via "Add VPN" in the setting area. It is not working, is this a known issue ? I am not using OpenVPN. I have tried my settings (which work on other devices fine) as an VPN (L2TP) and a VPN (PPTP), neither are working on the Nook Tablet. I have entered all the setup correctly and credentials, after selecting connect, I get a time out "Unable to connect..." The same symptoms are seen whether I use my correct password/credentials (i.e. for L2TP/IPSec PSK VPN - Pre-shared key based L2TP/IPsecVPN) or incorrect credentials.

I am having the exact same problem. Is this a known issue for CM7 Nook Tablets? I couldnt find any other threads but for running openvpn.

highfly22

Aug 18, 2009
Could this ROM add NFS support?

It's a great ROM. The battery performance is amazing.

And I tried to replace my kernel to support NFS, but the kernel crashed without any clues.
Could you help to add NFS support for next release?
Thanks!

towir022

Nov 11, 2010
What about the wifi issue with wifi not working after sleeping.anyone got a fix?

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk

chuckeroo

Apr 3, 2012
Hello
I know I am probably asking for a tongue-lashing for such a basic first post, but here goes:

I would like to install the sdcard version of cm7...

1) Is it necessary to root or unlock the bootloader to use the sd version?

2) Will the new RC0 version of cm7 that is released as source be compiled and released as an sdcard standalone version?

Thanks for any help,

Chuck

miniblue

Sep 5, 2010
The Woodlands, Texas
As I understand the answer to the first question is no. The SD card CM7 boots and is self contained. Like a dual boot. From off NT boots to CM7 a soft boot takes you to stock. In CM7 all files, cache, downloads, etc. are on the card and nothing writes to the internal.

Read this thread ALL of it to decide what brand SD to use and what size. You will have to repartition that last sector if you need any spapce file files.

I don't know about the other.

Bill

ouzbal

Apr 1, 2012
32GB SANDISK CLASS4 PROBLEM (a method to make mounted to nook)

*SD CARD PROBLEM (SANDISK 32GB CLASS 4 CARD)

It happens all Sandisk Cards,I also tried to mount an 2gb sandisc card,it didint mount to CM7 too like 32gb version.

Here my solution.

Make CWM to your card,and let it repartition to your card.
Download Minitool Partition Wizard Home (FREE)
Find your partition in the program (70mb FAT32 the other unlocated)
Change the 70mb part size to (resize) 29.7gb
It will seen by the Nook

TheBigDogz

Feb 12, 2012
CM7 Date Format

Is it normal for CM7 to not have the date option as MMM DD YYYY,i.e., APR 03 2012?

All the date options available are numeric based. I also think that CM7's date format is somehow causing a conflict in Enhanced Email to return a number (1,2,3 etc) instead of the Weekday (Mon, Tue, etc).

sangahm

Feb 24, 2008
Anyone else getting slowdowns?

Occassionally, maybe once a day or every other day, I get extreme slowdowns on my NT. Screen updates are jerky and sometimes get FC's as it can't keep up with requests.

I've cleared cache, deleted Application Cache and Data, uninstalled unneeded apps, and tried different SD cards.

As it stands, CM7 on the NT is not as smooth as CM7 was on my previous NC. This shouldn't be, since NT has a much faster processor.

Is it just me, or have others experienced this issue?

Using latest 3/7 SD version of CM7.

miniblue

Sep 5, 2010
The Woodlands, Texas
I think it is you. My first try it was pretty bad. That was a verbatim class 6 card. I am now on Sandisk class 4 and it is worlds better. Everything smooth and fast.

Daily driver now for sure.

What type and class SC are you using?

Bill

warrenonline

Jan 14, 2012
E:Can't mount /cache

I recently installed the internal version of CM7 and ran it for a few days. On the first reboot the Nook kept locking up just past the Team B splash screen. After a restart it keeps booting straight into CWM 5.5.0.4 with the error E: Can't mount /cache/recovery......

I installed CM7, GApps and the build_update.zip from the support thread. I don't have adb running because I recently switched to an iMac and never plugged in the Nook before it got stuck. Currently I'm going to try Adam Outler's recovery and see what happens. I have no idea why it can't mount the cache.

*** Fixed with CWM on an SD card, Parted and Adam Outler's Recovery.... ***

Last edited:

GeekDrop

Finally took the plunge and installed CM7 Alpha Final Build 3/9 internally and love it! Awesome work guys, and the work is much appreciated.

Only have been using it for less than 24hrs so far, but no major problems to report so far. Runs and looks great.

Only minor thing I've encountered so far:
"Sometimes when asleep device will not wake using home button. Power button should work without issue"

While I had Titanium Backup syncing a couple hundred files to Dropbox the screen timed out as as it normally should, then the Nook button wouldn't wake it back up, BUT neither would pressing the power button. I could press either or both repeatedly for awhile and it wouldn't turn the screen back on. However, if I just waited for about 5 minutes and then pressed the Nook button a few times it woke up, but then the syncing to DB was interrupted and had to be restarted in order to continue. (It was replicable).

Almost like a good ol fashioned Windows IRQ conflict, as if there were some sort of processing conflict between the screen/power and the uploading, where it couldn't do both at the same time, or something.

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Occassionally, maybe once a day or every other day, I get extreme slowdowns on my NT. Screen updates are jerky and sometimes get FC's as it can't keep up with requests.

I've cleared cache, deleted Application Cache and Data, uninstalled unneeded apps, and tried different SD cards

Just out of curiosity, have you tried any of the SDCard speedup utilities? They can make a noticeable difference if not.

Just for snoots n grins also, have ya tried wiping the Dalvik cache and/or running a Fix Permissions?

SCClockDr

Dec 28, 2011
SC UpState
WiFi Activation Delay

I usually leave my unit on but recently I had the WiFi lock up so I did a cold reboot to resolve. WiFi was dead. It did not activate for some time. I've since powered off several times to check it & it seems there is a several minute delay from getting the lock screen and WiFi activation (Where I can select & connect to an AP)

CM7a.2 Internal from an Indirect root of 1.4.0

coachmarino

Apr 5, 2012
HULU Plus

Noob here...

I just put the CM7 Alpha build on my rooted nook tablet. Internal method.

I tried searching for this issue, but maybe I just suck at searching. I searched this thread...since it was the CM7 thread.

I can't run Hulu Plus on the tablet. It is giving me a device not supported dialog.

I'm surprised there is nothing when I search.

I'm a Hulu Plus guy, so I may need to go back to stock if there isn't a fix...

Thanks,

CM

sangahm

Feb 24, 2008
Just out of curiosity, have you tried any of the SDCard speedup utilities? They can make a noticeable difference if not.

Just for snoots n grins also, have ya tried wiping the Dalvik cache and/or running a Fix Permissions?

Not sure how to clear dalvik for CM7 on SD card.
Update: Found it on TB (didn't know about that).

I'll look for an SDCard speedup utility....any you recommend?

I'll also try Fix Permissions from within TB.
Update: Thought this was in TB, but can't find it (but did find clear dalvik).
Update2: Found in ROM Manager. Applying now.

Last edited:

bocaccio

Oct 27, 2010
About to use the SD card method. Once installed Can i dual boot from this and NT stock? Do i just boot cm by leaving the card in and boot and stock is opposite?

movrshakr

Jan 20, 2011
About to use the SD card method. Once installed Can i dual boot from this and NT stock? Do i just boot cm by leaving the card in and boot and stock is opposite?

You also put this in the dev thread...better for the discussion here.

Yes, you can then get the tablet either into CM7 from the card or into native Nook.

The details of how seems to be sightly different depending on who-knows-what. On mine, with the CM7 microSD card in, if you boot from a TOTALLY Off state, it boots from the card into CM7. If you reboot from any non-power off state, or if the card is out, it boots into native Nook.

Some people have cards that require power cord to be plugged in to boot into CM7. As I understand it, you cannot tell in advance if yours will work that way.

bocaccio

Oct 27, 2010
What am i doing wrong? I have the .img for cm on a 16gb card. I try and transfer all my books and apk's from one card to this one since i'll leave it in to use cm but its only registering as 189mb. When i use easus partition manager i see the rest of the card but im not sure how to retrieve it and make it active.

Solar.Plexus

Jan 29, 2012
What am i doing wrong? I have the .img for cm on a 16gb card. I try and transfer all my books and apk's from one card to this one since i'll leave it in to use cm but its only registering as 189mb. When i use easus partition manager i see the rest of the card but im not sure how to retrieve it and make it active.

The CM7 image created four partitions on your card and left the rest of the space as unallocated. Resize partition 4 to consume to rest of the unallocated space after it. Then it will be usable. You can do this in EASEUS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To use ES File Explorer to edit system files, you need to go to ES File Explorer settings and checked "Root Explorer" and "Mount File System". To edit buid.prop, long press on the file and open it as text in ES Note Editor. Build.prop is in your system folder.

For wifi problem,

Try - edit your build.prop and commented out "wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 20" by "# wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 20".

Not sure if it'll help with the random wifi drop.

While you're there, change "dalvik.vm.heapsize=64m" to "dalvik.vm.heapsize=128m"

Wifi calibration,

Turn off your wifi and open up terminal

# su
    # insmod system/etc/wifi/tiwlan_drv.ko <-only if tiwlan_drv.ko is not loaded, check by lsmod
    # start wlan_loader
    # ifconfig tiwlan0 up
    # wlan_cu -b
    # / w p 1 l 2 f 2 <-there is space between each character
    # / t b v 21
    # / t b t 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    # / q
    # /system/bin/rmmod tiwlan_drv

Now you can turn on your wifi.

For mounting media partition,

Try - edit your build.prop and add, "ro.additionalmounts=/mnt/media" and
    "ro.vold.switchablepair=/mnt/sdcard,/mnt/media".

I don't know if this work, but in my CM7 build it work when you turn on USB storage. It will mount both sdcard and media partitions.

For reading epub with Nook App,

Copy your epub to /sdcard/Nook/MyDocuments and refresh in the app.
    Now that we've released CM7 again for the NT I thought I'd best start up a proper support thread. Pleas keep it as back reports and help.

Please use this thread to post feedback and to ask questions. The Dev thread is for exactly that, development and not support! Please keep the development thread clear of support and feedback posts.

Live support may be available on irc.freenode.net irc channel #nook-tablet-chat, if any of us are around we'll be happy to help but don't bug people if they are busy please. A web version of irc is available here http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=nook-tablet-chat

When posting a bug or issue please use the following format

• Which install are you using (Internal or SD):
    • What version is your CM7 download that you are using (should be alpha final now):
    • Do you have any mods on your NT (updates or system modifications)
    • If yes to above what have you installed
    • Where is this bug (main system or which application):
    • Can this bug be easily replicated:
    • If yes to above how can we replicate it to check:
    • Description of the bug
    • Any other information we may find useful

Know bugs for Internal version will be in post #2

Known Bugs for SD version will be in post #3

I'm awaiting a Mod cleanup of this thread and all previous bugs up until the new release will be removed from this thread, should knock it back down to about 2 or 3 pages and give me the 2nd and 3rd posts I mention above.
    Bugs / Issues from the SD version

System will reboot if you remove the SD card, this is completely normal and you should not remove the SD while device is running from it.

Market will not work properly after the update unless you install the GApps (follow link in Dev thread)

Wifi sometimes does no reconnect after sleep, simply tap on the status bar to get notification up and toggle wifi off / on and it should reconnect.

There is currently no Reboot to Recovery option in the power menu, you can do this instead by going to rom manager (make sure it's updated via Market / Play)

Mounts aren't working properly due to a typo on 2 lines in build.prop. search this thread for how to fix the issue on SD release

There is still a possible issue with formatting. A member has said that asking the software to format the /media partition totally wiped his entire device completely removing the partition table creating a paperweight. As has been mentioned many times in both thread about CM7, if any formatting needs to be done please do it from a computer and if in the case of the Media partition that's not possible just delete files instead of formatting. Due to the risk involved we have not yet attempted to recreate this issue on our own devices!
    Bugs / Issues from the internal version

Market will not work properly after the update unless you install the GApps (follow link in Dev thread)

Wifi sometimes does no reconnect after sleep, simply tap on the status bar to get notification up and toggle wifi off / on and it should reconnect.

There is currently no Reboot to Recovery option in the power menu, you can do this instead by going to rom manager (make sure it's updated via Market / Play)

Mounts aren't working properly due to a typo on 2 lines in build.prop. update zip to be flashed via CWM available HERE

There is still a possible issue with formatting. A member has said that asking the software to format the /media partition totally wiped his entire device completely removing the partition table creating a paperweight. As has been mentioned many times in both thread about CM7, if any formatting needs to be done please do it from a computer and if in the case of the Media partition that's not possible just delete files instead of formatting. Due to the risk involved we have not yet attempted to recreate this issue on our own devices!
    New internal release version Alpha Final released today 9th March

When posting a bug or issue please use the following format to keep things easy for us

• Which install are you using (Internal or SD):
    • What version is your CM7 download that you are using (should be alpha final now):
    • Do you have any mods on your NT (updates or system modifications)
    • If yes to above what have you installed
    • Where is this bug (main system or which application):
    • Can this bug be easily replicated:
    • If yes to above how can we replicate it to check:
    • Description of the bug
    Any other information we may find useful