[Q] LG G3 Short Texts??

Search This thread
Aug 26, 2014
I am new to this forum idea - so I apologize in advance if I'm not doing it exactly right. My question is; Why is it that a text that is about 50 words long has to send in three different messages? Is the reason the same as why I cannot send videos from my phone?

Thank You in advance for any advice or suggestions! :eek:

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
I am new to this forum idea - so I apologize in advance if I'm not doing it exactly right. My question is; Why is it that a text that is about 50 words long has to send in three different messages? Is the reason the same as why I cannot send videos from my phone?

The reason you cant send videos is due to your carrier. Reason why iPhones can send videos to Android users is it downgrades to to crap so carriers will accept it. iPhone to iPhone is in full quality since its their own system. As for the 50 words being split, it all depends on how many characters total it is.

Pfeffernuss

Jun 30, 2009
Wassenaar

If you are using "special" characters like ê ü ç and so on the format is changed from ASCII to Unicode. Sending unicode characters consumes more data so you will send multiple messages even staying under 160 characters.

Try to refrain from using Unicode characters and you'll be able to send the usual 160 characters.