Touch screen problem

Search This thread

mrphil101

Apr 2, 2009
Florida
Google Pixel 7 Pro
This just cropped up on mine a couple of days ago.The first line in menus is non responsive in portrait, and the w will not work from keypad. flip to landscape and things work fine, even items that are in the touch "DEAD ZONE". My phone is bout a year old, and I have been running Neurtino gt+ 2.2 for a few weeks. I wouldn't think this is hardware related, because the physical area that is non-responsive in portrait resonds when in landscape.
I connected to pc via usb and have moved a bunch of files around, and did some deletions about the time all this happened, I was getting ready to flash a different rom. I hope that fixes it as I am outside any warranty.
I will post back after new flash

update: flashed different rom. no bananas. However, I found that I am still under warranty, so have initiated an RMA. Do I send as is, or try to hide the unlocked bootloader?

Last edited:

be3max

Mar 1, 2012
Kiev
Yahoo! I found hi-res photo of atrix (mb860) microschemes!
The touchscreen houses an Atmel mXT224 touchscreen controller.
So, if you replace atrix touchscreen, the bugy touch will be fixed *i hope* :rolleyes:

Attached hi-res photo and description from "ifixit".

Attachments

• motorola_atrix_mb860_microschemes_photo_with_desc_part1.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 73
  • motorola_atrix_mb860_microschemes_photo_with_desc_part2.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 58
  • step14_3.huge.jpg
    step14_3.huge.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 453

foelkel

Jun 8, 2010
Display problem top side potrait mode

I can confirm I have same problem with my Atrix. Just buy it in US last year and was never hit or fall down. Because it is in US buyed, I can't change it here in Germany. The Fingerprint do not work as well and the display have a non operating stripe at the top side in potrait mode. Untill now I allways use for some fuction in landscape mode.
Model MB860
Android 2.3.6
Build 4.5.141
Systemversion
4.5.141.MB860.ATT.en.US

Do you think that this is a Hardware failure or could be just a driver soft problem?

scarbutt11

Jan 2, 2012
This just cropped up on mine a couple of days ago.The first line in menus is non responsive in portrait, and the w will not work from keypad. flip to landscape and things work fine, even items that are in the touch "DEAD ZONE". My phone is bout a year old, and I have been running Neurtino gt+ 2.2 for a few weeks. I wouldn't think this is hardware related, because the physical area that is non-responsive in portrait resonds when in landscape.
I connected to pc via usb and have moved a bunch of files around, and did some deletions about the time all this happened, I was getting ready to flash a different rom. I hope that fixes it as I am outside any warranty.
I will post back after new flash

update: flashed different rom. no bananas. However, I found that I am still under warranty, so have initiated an RMA. Do I send as is, or try to hide the unlocked bootloader?

Did you go through ATT or Motorola? I want to try to get a replacement/fix but not sure which route I should go. And if you figure out how to get back as close to stock to send it in, please share. I am assuming I need to do that too.

Think so (reflash, pdsfix don't help). Waiting for replacement touchscreen on next week. I'l post the result.

Any luck with the replacement screen?

jonnyboyC13

Jul 25, 2011
Ohh thank god there are other people out there with this exact same problem. Posted a few threads about this same thing and didn't get any responses. I've also already done the pds fix the raindrop fix. Flashed i don't know how many roms, different kernals and a few radios.

I wish i would have found this like a 2 days ago. I already ordered a new digitizer/screen and should be here Wednesday if this fixes it i'll post on here to let you dudes know

OxyJin

Mar 28, 2011
0xyjin.tumblr.com
touchscreen issue

I also have the same problem. Part of the screen is not working. I tested out with a drawing app. Take a look at the attached images. I brought my phone from Amazon Wireless. My phone is still under warranty but its rooted and unlock. Does anyone know if I have to relock/unroot my phone before sending it in to Motorola?

Attachments

• image_2012-03-22_131126.jpg
    image_2012-03-22_131126.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 137
  • image_2012-03-22_131830.jpg
    image_2012-03-22_131830.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 63

jonnyboyC13

Jul 25, 2011
So this is for sure a hardware problem I replaced my touch screen and it changed the location that the dead zones whereas

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

David Guillot

Mar 31, 2012
I have the same problem and everyone is saying it's a hardware issue, but the fact that it began exactly when I first installed a CM9 beta is very disturbing. Did people having this problem observed it just after installing a new ROM ? Thanks.

David Guillot

Mar 31, 2012
I have the same problem and everyone is saying it's a hardware issue, but the fact that it began exactly when I first installed a CM9 beta is very disturbing. Did people having this problem observed it just after installing a new ROM ? Thanks.

OK this time I'm positive : my touch screen issue is a software issue. I recently upgraded from CM9-Jokersax-0.4 to CM9-Jokersax-0.5 with the awesome installer, and my screen now behaves totally differently : the unresponsive line is now thinner, and crazy phantom-touches happen very often, leaving me with no control on my Atrix...

Jeffrey C.

Jan 9, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
It seems I'm having a similar issue as well, and it all began after installing Jokersax's CM9. My touch screen doesn't work at all. I think I'm just gonna take it in for repairs.

We should send a bug report with our accumulated info though to Jokersax, no?

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
It seems I'm having a similar issue as well, and it all began after installing Jokersax's CM9. My touch screen doesn't work at all. I think I'm just gonna take it in for repairs.

We should send a bug report with our accumulated info though to Jokersax, no?

The PDS partition... You gotta reflash it. Google search on that.

The only thing touchscreen-related that doesn't work well in *all* ICS ROMs is the multitouch. It doesn't function properly because we lack official FULLY WORKING ICS drivers.

Sent from my Neutrino-loaded ATRIX

windozeanti

Apr 14, 2012

I have installed many kinds of ROMs based on CM7/9, no issue with my touchscreen. Keep my fingers cross.

HeadshotDel

May 4, 2012
Im having exact the same issue, but in both portrait and landscape modes the same part of the screen doesnt work. So it seems it is a hardware problem.

sheva850

Dec 29, 2011
People !! i have the same problem on my Atrix, please help me ...... i'm very sad for my atrix ...

i only use the neutrino rom !! please :( any solution ?

my phone isn't in warranty ...

kenzoxs

Jun 6, 2012
hello friends;
Take a hit without falling or suddenly fails me touch screen is a band of about a centimeter wide, from top to bottom, I put a picture to see him more clearly the fault zone but i cant post now here

I put the rom 2.6 and neutrino failures began with the mobile source rom also is the same. When I pass your finger over is like jumping from one line to another, trying to jump me multitouch pulse 1 to pulse 2
I tried to use the PDS and fix anything, but it applies perfectly well, I tried, as I said, with several roms and still the same All I needed to try is to get by rds-lite att original rom, but it fails and I get a SOTF brick. I have an att phone use, with version 2.3.4, 4.5.91.MB860.ATT.en.US, and I downloaded this rom
bfs: Branding: AT & T U.S.
Version: 4.5.91 NOT DOWNGRADE
Android Version: 2.3.4
Bootloader Version: N / A
Webtop Version: N / A
Requires RSD Lite 5.0.0 Requires Moto Android (De) packer 1.3 to edit.
From the post Atrix Superthread Firmware (Gingerbread), but eventually all fail.
Beyond that remove the Atrix with the video posted on youtube there and I remounted to see that all connections were good, and that was the problem of internal dirt. Also clean the edges of the screen, they say that collects dirt and being near the touch screen could affect
The truth is that I do not know what else to try Any suggestions?
Thank you very much and best regards

P.D. sorry for my bad english