[Q] need restore help please

Search This thread

nash2000

Jun 18, 2011
Im currently running the first flight Rom and wanted to go back to alpha 2...i tried a reflash but my phone is still on the other Rom, i did another reset and reflash of alpha but it still hasn't change. I than tried to use my nandroid backup which ice used before but when i try to use it it tells me nothing on file...what do i do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

nash2000

Jun 18, 2011
After about 4 attempts i was able to flash alpha 2 and my back ups seem to be there as well...not just empty folders like before, weird

Coffinfeeder

Jan 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
That is odd. Make sure you always factory reset multiple times as well as wipe cache multiple times when switching roms.

So you would:
- factory reset x3
- wipe cache x3
- wipe dalvik x1
- flash new rom

This should help with experiencing less if these type issues as well as other bugs.

nash2000

Jun 18, 2011
That is odd. Make sure you always factory reset multiple times as well as wipe cache multiple times when switching roms.

So you would:
- factory reset x3
- wipe cache x3
- wipe dalvik x1
- flash new rom

This should help with experiencing less if these type issues as well as other bugs.

I actually do those steps. I flashed one of the other ics roms and I didn't really like it so I tried to flash alpha back, after reboot I was still on the other rom...I tried again with same result, finally I used my backup. This time the same thing happened but I was on a different rom, the only difference was I wasn't able to use my back up, backup folder said "no file" when trying to flash, so I was pretty much forced to keep trying to flash alpha, finally it worked and I checked my cwm folder and my backups are there and are not empty. Odd

roloracer

Jul 8, 2008
Kissimmee
I actually do those steps. I flashed one of the other ics roms and I didn't really like it so I tried to flash alpha back, after reboot I was still on the other rom...I tried again with same result, finally I used my backup. This time the same thing happened but I was on a different rom, the only difference was I wasn't able to use my back up, backup folder said "no file" when trying to flash, so I was pretty much forced to keep trying to flash alpha, finally it worked and I checked my cwm folder and my backups are there and are not empty. Odd

weird considering when you do a restore it erases boot partition before starting to restore so unless you used the wrong backup file it should've worked the first time.

nash2000

Jun 18, 2011
weird considering when you do a restore it erases boot partition before starting to restore so unless you used the wrong backup file it should've worked the first time.

I only used the restore one time a week or so ago because everytime I tried to flash back to alpha I was still on the collective rom. Thats when I used my backup and it worked but this time the same time happened....flashed alpha like 3 times and nothing happened, I than tried to use my backup but my phone told me the backup file was empty, I have 2 backups and my phone told me the same thing on both. I continued to flash alpha over and over again with wiping date etc each time and it finally worked, and my backups have data in them unlike before.