[Q] ICS NFC Toggle?

Search This thread

Bardamuz

Apr 21, 2012
Singapore
No problem,

but perhaps we didn´t get each other ... sure if you enable the plane mode via the power button or some widget or other apps ... nfc will be disabled !

But have you tried the toggle airplane option in my app?

i have tried before with your apps and just now one more time for be sure i retry , i have your free version 1.5, if you want i can try tomolo with the LG L5 , yet he his in my office with all my testing device

Hope that help

So far as i see we are blocked by the same Stupid restriction :(

My developer is trying to find a turnaround like : cut the GSM/Data, cut BT, cut Wifi and call it plane mode in our app’s, but is a turnaround at least if we don’t find a way , we will go like this.

picture.php

Last edited:

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Does anyone know the battery drain for having NFC on vs off? Seems like just having it on would cause some sort of drain. That is once reason why I would like to have some sort of toggle.

As far as i can tell, the NFC chip is ONLY enabled when the screen is on for most devices - and at that point, its power is insignificant compared to the usage of the CPU and screen.

Bardamuz

Apr 21, 2012
Singapore
Hmm, I´m not a video guy, but I made a quick and dirty video for you to show you how it works ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtAihg9QHXY

Hi i can’t see your vid as YouTube is under the GreatFireWall in China (i here yet), but trust me i know how to use your app’s …. My Xperia and all other NFC devices are 100% stock, i can’t help you more than what i have done here, if you want more details PM your Skype and we try to sort out this problem (if it’s possible)

Hope that help

krohnjw

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 17, 2007
Plainfield
In two device with different version it’s exactly the same

but if you made a custom mode in a rooted device you can do everything you want …. in stock version plane mode mean all radio service are cut this include NFC

PS: and i have all existing apps in NFC in my device and all act the same

picture.php

Do me a favor, use NFC Task Launcher and capture a full logcat when enabling/disabling airplane mode.

It works fine on AOSP devices. HTC added an additional permissions that's needed to send to the broadcast receiver that it won't grant to non system apps (thanks HTC) so the UI updates but the radio states don't properly change.

I'm curious if Sony has done something similar - shoot me a logcat and I can tell you pretty quickly.

Bardamuz

Apr 21, 2012
Singapore
Do me a favor, use NFC Task Launcher and capture a full logcat when enabling/disabling airplane mode.

It works fine on AOSP devices. HTC added an additional permissions that's needed to send to the broadcast receiver that it won't grant to non system apps (thanks HTC) so the UI updates but the radio states don't properly change.

I'm curious if Sony has done something similar - shoot me a logcat and I can tell you pretty quickly.

hi Task launcher it’s from Tagstand if i am not wrong , right ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the problem is if you turn your NFC off , you must manually turn it on … it’s why most of the app’s don’t have plane mode toggle for the plane app’s …

By the way we are working on universal app’s for NFC enabled device

You can actually toggle NFC using Tasker if you have the secure settings plug-in installed. I was thinking of creating a profile that will kill my NFC after the screen has been on a few seconds. That ways I don't need to worry about it taking juice while I've go the screen on for an extended period of time and also wont need to turn it back on when I want to use it.

Oh yeah and I've verified it does indeed actually work to toggle the NFC.
    Hmm, I´m not a video guy, but I made a quick and dirty video for you to show you how it works ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtAihg9QHXY