[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS(I897) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
Personal recommendation. Wipe before flashing will have a smoother device.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

baconatorXVI

Dec 24, 2011
Must ask dumb question, on mobile so searching isn't an option on 3g... Downloading 4.2 from the slim ROM site has the fixes right?

Thanks will be given :)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

sailzfast

Mar 10, 2011
Whoa! Noticeably faster all around. Nice job K...again.

baconatorXVI

Dec 24, 2011
No way I'm so glad the desk clock app got fixed! now the screen doesn't time out! Thanks K

baconatorXVI

Dec 24, 2011
WOW! This has probably been the quietest Slim release ever! excellent work Krarvind!

hope your vacation is going great!

zzmomo73

Feb 17, 2012
Charlotte, NC
c70f90fa-b483-0a80.jpg
After flashing this with full wipe some of the ringtones are gone and I have some called ffff17 or something like that... here's a screen shot
EDIT: and all my pictures are gone :eek::eek:
Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

kalda01

Aug 17, 2011
Yavne
After flashing 4.1 with Semaphore 1.2.5sc (full wipe), phone gets hot during calls and battery drains faster than before.
Running with stock kernel values.
Any idea what might be causing this problem?

Last edited:

moymike

Nov 18, 2010
Oklahoma City
DSPManager

I've asked this before without any response.

DSPManager was installed automatically when I flashed this ROM. It looks to have the same abilities as Voodoo Sound. I have tested it, and it does not appear to work on my Captivate.

Could somebody else test it and tell me if it does or does not work on their phone?

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
I've asked this before without any response.

DSPManager was installed automatically when I flashed this ROM. It looks to have the same abilities as Voodoo Sound. I have tested it, and it does not appear to work on my Captivate.

Could somebody else test it and tell me if it does or does not work on their phone?

On stock kernel was working just fine.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

kafepuya

Aug 3, 2011
St. Cloud
Build 4.1 has been totally stable for me and now that I have set up my phone the way I want, I will keep running this build, at least until a major update comes along (Jellybean? ). I cannot say enough good things about this Rom. Thanks krarvind.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    4.1 Released:
    Note:
    Overall change in how i am structuring Slim. No more Base + essentials + gapps. Device ROM + SLim Common ( which inclues slim gapps among other common non compiled stuff). Just flash Device ROM version THEN Slim Common ( includes Slim Gapps). you should be set.
    3.9 Released. I will say this, read the changelog and FAQ, before posting questions. If you find ppl posting without reading, just direct them to them the changelog page, don't give them the answer, its a few lines not that hard.

You need to d/l and flash Base, Device essentials and Slim Gapps. From next time on you just need to d/l base and device essentials as long as you don't lose Slim Gapps or i don't change it. Happy Friday Everyone!

NOTE: Read the changelog below carefully and the FAQ before posting questions .

All Devices:

• Apollo ( CM9) music compiled from sources - thanks cm team
    • Updated germant translations for DeskClock - thanks Basian Mile
    • Reduce processing in WebCore thread while scrolling and zooming based on this
    • External Webkit changes based on this, this and this.
    • Hide storage option in camera for devices that don't have external storage based on this
    • Don't try to create an ad-hoc network when no wireless network is available based on this
    • SlimPapers.apk with a couple of wallpapers, nothing fancy. Will put it in OTA app for those who want to use it. - thanks jeffyca at rootz for slimlogo wallpaper
      trans.gif
    • CM9 Quiet Hours
    • New boot animation - thanks jeffyca at rootz
    • Basic gapps included in base is pulled and made a separate flashable zip, reason is two fold,
      • make google happy as they prefer this route and
      • they don't change often, so why bloat the base unnecessarily.
    • Whatever was in UpdateMe ( GenieWidget etc etc), Apps, Stays there,
    • Make sure to flash slim_gapps along with base and essentials to get working multi dpi playstore, gmail, talk, video chat, email and exchange. If you flash another gapps, you are on your own, don't complain apps are not compatible if you are not on slim gapps. This is the way moving forward, you can cry about if you want
      trans.gif
    • Base is now 44 MB
      trans.gif
    Galaxy Nexus ( Maguro, Toro & Toroplus)

• Synced upto lean 3.8
    Galaxy S2

• Synced upto latest Fluxi's changes.
    Upgrade Method: Back to the usual
    Download Link:
    Direct : Slim ICS 3.9

or via OTA app;
    one more......