Cwm 5.8.4.5 offical [GSM VERSION NON CDMA]

Search This thread

TeHashX

Oct 6, 2011
Europe
Official CWM 5.8.4.7 Touch for HTC One V (CDMA)

Official CWM 5.8.4.7 Touch for HTC One V (CDMA) here

1znlsls.png

Reactions: miggynuez

BirthdayDog11

Jul 13, 2012
Possibly stupid question... but does this recovery work? It's official, so it should, right? I can't tell from the thread.

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
Hi

Yep works fine :)

I recently switched from TWRP since there I experienced sometimes
"ugly" freezes during backup or restore which doesn not
make me very confident using it further since such "critical"
things should work "rock solid"

CWM does not have touch support at the moment but I actually
dont care about this.

regards

max

Reactions: BirthdayDog11

BirthdayDog11

Jul 13, 2012
Yeah, touch recovery is icky anyways.

Very well, flashed it and seems to work fine. Although there seems to be no way to turn off the phone or get back into bootloader.

BirthdayDog11

Jul 13, 2012
That's right but too long holding the power button is risky.

Right after the screen go blank, release the power button and hold the volume down button then it will go to bootloader.

I can't seem to get this done. I'm supposed to press 'reboot system' but hold the power button down, and then when the screen goes black, which is immediately, I press volume down instead? The system just reboots.

Edit: Ok, figured it out. You have to keep pressing power all the way though to the next bootscreen, then release it when the screen turns black and press down.

Last edited:

JalmiNyondong1933

Nov 15, 2011
Bandung
I have succesfully flashed this recovery using fastboot yet when I tried to update and download available ROM, ROM Manager still requires me to flash their recovery. I might just gonna do that, but is it safe?

Sent from my One V

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
I have succesfully flashed this recovery using fastboot yet when I tried to update and download available ROM, ROM Manager still requires me to flash their recovery. I might just gonna do that, but is it safe?

Sent from my One V

it wont work flashing it via RM just tell it you already have a recovery....i cant check for you right now as i got no device...but i know the option is there

braunie

Aug 28, 2007
Error mounting sdcard ...

With this version (5.8.4.5) I get an error "mounting sdcard", so I can't flash custom rom from sdcard. I tried an older version (5.0.x.x) with the same error message.
I had bevor unlocked my bootloader and rooted my device. I had formated my sdcard, but without success.

Any suggestions?

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
With this version (5.8.4.5) I get an error "mounting sdcard", so I can't flash custom rom from sdcard. I tried an older version (5.0.x.x) with the same error message.
I had bevor unlocked my bootloader and rooted my device. I had formated my sdcard, but without success.

Any suggestions?

your obviously not using this one, as this CWM actually works, hence why i built released it, and tested it myself

hlavicka82

May 14, 2012
Bratislava

Any suggestions?

I had something similar lately. I think the problem was that I flashed stock recovery before this to be able to run the latest RUU to get the latest HBOOT. Then after I flashed the RUU I unlocked bootloader again and flashed CWM an Kiss kernel and the SDcard would not mount. So I wiped cache. Unmounted SDcard and then I was able to mount it. And I think I also rebooted recovery.

Last edited:

braunie

Aug 28, 2007
Error mounting /sdcard

your obviously not using this one, as this CWM actually works, hence why i built released it, and tested it myself

You were right, it was V5.8.4.1, now I flashed 5.8.4.5, but without success, the same error appears: E:can't mount /sdcard/
I took an other sdcard with the same result.
Any suggestions?

Top Liked Posts