[Q] POLL: List Of Known Faults - PLEASE VOTE

List The Known Faults With Your Device

• Total voters
Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This poll is an attempt to quantify the precise type of known faults found on the Nexus 7

Mods have kindly agreed to make this a sticky.

The hope is that this poll will help newcomers to the forum see immediately that their fault is a known issue and that they are not alone.

If you see anyone posting in the Nexus 7 forums with a fault with their new device please point them to this poll.

Hopefully in a month or two there will be some useful data on the type and frequency of faults.

Accurate figures may help people make a decision as to whether to buy a device and may help with people's warranty claims.

I had to ask a mod to clean up this thread because of the eejit trolls.

Less than three hours later and we have another troll too thick to read the poll and vote accordingly. Or not as the case may be.

PLEASE read this post and the post below BEFORE asking can X be added or why isn't Y an option.

I am unable to add any other options to the poll and I don't want to mither a mod to do it.

The questions are there. If they do not apply to you don't vote, don't ask for the poll to be changed, move on.
    D
    Deleted member 4100142
    I'm affected by the scrolling randomly pulling back. I had the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (though this was more extreme). Here, the pullback could be solved using an app called TouchScreenTune, which allows to disable movement filtering, and lowering the minimum amount of movement required to register said movement. Doing this gave a much more responsive screen. The app doesn't work on the N7 though, but I suppose it would be possible to make a software solution for this 'issue' by someone with that kind of knowledge.

Here's the app: TouchScreenTune
    Here's the original thread.

(There was also something about editing a line in the build.prop to increase the amount of registered points - can't seem to find it though)
    No Problem Option?

I have had my N7 for amost 2 weeks now and am yet to fault with my device, maybe i am lucky (touch wood)?
    If you are having issues with your Nexus7, please indicate what they are by filling out the poll - there is no need for people to comment or start complaining, that's not what this thread is for and there are plenty of other places where you can post to express your unhappiness.

If you're fortunate enough not to be having any problems with your Nexus7 then there's no need for you to get involved with this thread at all.
    The poll does not now and never will have a 'None of the above' option because that is not it's intended purpose and because that is not it's purpose, there is no reason for you to post in this thread either.
    Is there a way to see the results without distorting the results by voting?

Click for larger:

Whilst not perfect, the numbers are indicative that the N7s weak spot is the screen.